The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

1 hour ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Kelty will stroll to the Lowland title, beat the Highland champs, and beat club 42 too.  

I'm in no doubt whatsoever.

They are buying their way to the title, good luck to them. Personally I hope they get promoted and allow a bit of normality to return to the league.

5 hours ago, The Informer said:

They are buying their way to the title, good luck to them. Personally I hope they get promoted and allow a bit of normality to return to the league.

Surely one of several teams investing no? Shire & EK haven't been shy on the signings either.

7 hours ago, The Informer said:

They are playing great football at moment and yes maybe money gets better players but doesn’t guarantee anything 

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Surely one of several teams investing no? Shire & EK haven't been shy on the signings either.

Absolutely, but if the rumours are true over the level of wages being paid, then Kelty are on a different level. As I have previously said, good luck to them.

49 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

They are playing great football at moment and yes maybe money gets better players but doesn’t guarantee anything 

You get what you pay for I suppose. You are correct, it doesn’t guarantee anything but it sure helps! 😀 Good luck to them, I hope they go up.

1 hour ago, The Informer said:

Absolutely, but if the rumours are true over the level of wages being paid, then Kelty are on a different level. As I have previously said, good luck to them.

The Shire are more than up there wages wise. Cheers for the well wishes though! Hopefully we can do it.

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

They have committed themselves to reaching the Premiership by 2025.

If we take that as meaning 2025-26 then they need to win 4 promotions in the next 6 years i.e. every 1 or 2 seasons.

They lost heavily at home to Kelty last week... next 3 games BSCG (A), Stirling Uni (H), Bonnyrigg (A): that will give indication of their trajectory. Then it's 'Shire + Spartans late Sep/early Oct.

What is Edusports background? Where do they get players and who backs them. I see they had a couple of foreign lads having a punch up the other week, are they a team full of foreigners?

thats some vision but do they have anything to back this up?

I think Bonnyrigg will win the world cup in 2023, i have a vision.

Seems to be a little bit of unrest behind the scenes at ek just now. Not sure what but just seems to be that vibe. Also, dont have any problem with teams spending any money they have available to them to better there squad. Brings a higher caliber of player to the leauge which can only be a good thing. Its up to the other teams to match it anyway they can.

What is Edusports background? Where do they get players and who backs them. I see they had a couple of foreign lads having a punch up the other week, are they a team full of foreigners?
thats some vision but do they have anything to back this up?
I think Bonnyrigg will win the world cup in 2023, i have a vision.
Club was formed in 2011 as a residential academy for young French players to learn English, develop skills & help them seek out oppertunities with British clubs being initially based out of the Hamilton & Motherwell area before switching operations to Glasgow. Project was founded by ex-footballer Chris Ewing.

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Their wage bill must have been on a different level to LTHV back in 2017-18. On that occasion they were 1pt behind going into last day, when they had to beat LTHV.

Anything can happen.

Clear difference in that LTHV were streets ahead of everyone else in the league so Kelty obviously found it difficult to translate their superiority into any kind of decent points lead. I suspect Kelty will win the LL with a bit to spare this season. Largely because there's a decent group of challengers who'll all be taking points off each other, as the Braves proved at the weekend.

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Clear difference in that LTHV were streets ahead of everyone else in the league so Kelty obviously found it difficult to translate their superiority into any kind of decent points lead. I suspect Kelty will win the LL with a bit to spare this season. Largely because there's a decent group of challengers who'll all be taking points off each other, as the Braves proved at the weekend.

I'm leaning towards this but we need to win vs that group for that to happen. 

I'm leaning towards this but we need to win vs that group for that to happen. 

I think that’s right, my prediction pre season was 1. Kelty 2. EK and 3. Shire and i still stand by that. Kelty have won their games convincingly but that should have been expected for the teams they’ve played. Shire are where I expected them to be aswell, I didn’t think we’d go to either BSC or Bonnyrigg and win. EK are maybe the team that have made the ‘poorest’ start, I would’ve thought they would have beaten the Caledonian Braves and be 3/3.

We’ll know a lot more by the South Challenge Cup break, Shire showed you can beat the diddies easily but come short against the better teams. The Shire games agaisnt EK and Kelty will tell us a lot about the teams. For what it’s worth I would be shocked if the Shire took any more than 2 points from those games.

12 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

I think that’s right, my prediction pre season was 1. Kelty 2. EK and 3. Shire and i still stand by that. Kelty have won their games convincingly but that should have been expected for the teams they’ve played. Shire are where I expected them to be aswell, I didn’t think we’d go to either BSC or Bonnyrigg and win. EK are maybe the team that have made the ‘poorest’ start, I would’ve thought they would have beaten the Caledonian Braves and be 3/3.

We’ll know a lot more by the South Challenge Cup break, Shire showed you can beat the diddies easily but come short against the better teams. The Shire games agaisnt EK and Kelty will tell us a lot about the teams. For what it’s worth I would be shocked if the Shire took any more than 2 points from those games.

Great post. Kelty seemed to have gelled quickly which was my main worry coming into the season. Shire had even more new players than us so could be a work in progress on that front. EK will still be there come end of season I think.