The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

16 minutes ago, EKFCTV said:

HIGHLIGHTS | East Kilbride vs St Mirren

Notice the only bit in the stand with space was the row the drummer was in:lol: St Mirren boy made an arse of it when the penalty had to be retaken ref was still writing  in his note book when he took the 1st  kick.

The Vale made it difficult for EK yesterday, although the 3 points were well deserved. Hopefully signs of better things from the Innerleithen Club. EK missing some decent chances and striking the bar a couple of times. Ruari Paton an excellent signing.
Andy Webster at the game on a Scouting mission for St Mirren.
All the best for the rest of the season.

The Vale made it difficult for EK yesterday, although the 3 points were well deserved. Hopefully signs of better things from the Innerleithen Club. EK missing some decent chances and striking the bar a couple of times. Ruari Paton an excellent signing.
Andy Webster at the game on a Scouting mission for St Mirren.
All the best for the rest of the season.
[/

Scouting anyone in particular?

EK well worth their win yesterday although Vale unlucky to lose the 3rd in the 92nd min. Going to be a long season for a young Vale side. Hopefully it won't be the same as last season when getting a team on the park each week was a challenge.

Season 2019/2020 - Matchday 3:

East Kilbride FC   1 - 3 Caledonia Braves

(Malcolm 69)

A strange day.  No Reid, no Holmes, Woods on the bench along with, not 1 but, 2 trialists?

Sean Winter withdrawn after 26 minutes.  I initially assumed it must be due to injury but the subsequent remonstration followed by the classic kicking off the water bottle and then the long trudge straight to the dressing room suggested not.

Close match and we had some chances.  Malcolm blazed over, when it looked easier to score, after a great build up.  Away keeper made a tremendous stop from 'someone' and then a shot hit the inside of the post and came straight back out.  I'd love to say we were unlucky or that we were done by poor officiating but for me it was a poor performance with a deserved outcome.

CB won and converted a penalty.   Former EK striker Ross McNeil was clearly delighted as I heard about a dozen roars of YASS!!

The second was one of those free kicks that eludes everyone and nestles in at the back post and the late third deflected beyond the keeper. 

Our title defence has not started particularly convincingly and things will need to improve if we want to stay in contention.

EBnLC7tWsAAIw8s.jpg

They have committed themselves to reaching the Premiership by 2025.

If we take that as meaning 2025-26 then they need to win 4 promotions in the next 6 years i.e. every 1 or 2 seasons.

They lost heavily at home to Kelty last week... next 3 games BSCG (A), Stirling Uni (H), Bonnyrigg (A): that will give indication of their trajectory. Then it's 'Shire + Spartans late Sep/early Oct.