The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Dean Cairns heading to East Kilbride? A decent player with potential but unfortunately never got much game time at all once Ian Murray came in last season. Latterly he'd been playing in the centre of midfield for us but he started off at centre - half and I think he's better there. Tough tackler, a lot of dig and plays with his heart on his sleeve so he should be popular with the fans. Nice guy too. I thought he'd maybe get a League 2 club but EK are on an upward trajectory so it's a good move for him. With regular game time, he should be able to do well for EK. A lot of experienced players he can learn from too. Best of luck to him. 

16 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Dean Cairns heading to East Kilbride? A decent player with potential but unfortunately never got much game time at all once Ian Murray came in last season. Latterly he'd been playing in the centre of midfield for us but he started off at centre - half and I think he's better there. Tough tackler, a lot of dig and plays with his heart on his sleeve so he should be popular with the fans. Nice guy too. I thought he'd maybe get a League 2 club but EK are on an upward trajectory so it's a good move for him. With regular game time, he should be able to do well for EK. A lot of experienced players he can learn from too. Best of luck to him. 

I felt we were a much better side when Cairns was in the team. I think he'll turn out to be a great signing for EK.

37 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Sad to see Jama moving on but he was being used mostly as an impact sub and will hopefully find more game time elsewhere.

ek3.jpg

100% certain he could still do a job for most teams in Lowland league judge, always knows where the back of the net was 

46 minutes ago, forrie_1 said:

100% certain he could still do a job for most teams in Lowland league judge, always knows where the back of the net was 

Never mind Lowland League. Would have him back at Hampden in a heartbeat. 

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

Honestly can't claim to have ever seen him in action?

I think he was in the reserves and/or youth team but he's well spoken of by Craig Young and a few others. Hopefully, one for the future. 

I quite liked Brownlie when he was at Airdrie btw. Wasn't the biggest or the best defender but he done us a job when we were badly struggling both on and off the park. He seemed to do an okay job at Stranraer too.

Scottish League Cup groupstage fixtures. Opening day of LL will be missed:

Sat 13th Jul ... EK v Albion Rovers
Wed 17th Jul ... no game
Sat 20th Jul ... EK v St Mirren
Tue 23rd Jul ... Edinburgh City v EK
Sat 27th Jul ... Dunfermline v EK

I think he was in the reserves and/or youth team but he's well spoken of by Craig Young and a few others. Hopefully, one for the future. 
I quite liked Brownlie when he was at Airdrie btw. Wasn't the biggest or the best defender but he done us a job when we were badly struggling both on and off the park. He seemed to do an okay job at Stranraer too.
I used Jonny more as a centre back, but believe Airdrie want to develop him as a left back. He is a dedicated young player who is a raw talent. He will be a player for the future if he can learn and improve. He has only really played at SYFA level so this is a big step up and an opportunity I know he is looking forward to.

21 hours ago, Kirk St Moritz said:

See EK has just signed a guy from Airdrie, another defender by the looks of it.  Anyone know much about him?   Fielding a team full of defenders by the looks of it next season..!

Dean Cairns i believe,   an old fashioned crowd favourite for no real reason actually,  skippered the under 19 s to the league title about 3 seasons back,  Started the following season at centre half in a poor under funded Airdrie side,  struggled badly at centre half and was then switched to defensive midfield, which to be fair he was effective to an extent,  prone to a high boot tackle and silly fouls late in games.   Probably found his level though..

I'd disagree with Passionate. I really liked him in the middle of the park. Felt Airdrie's best performances came when he was on the park as a holding midfielder. I felt he gave us energy in the middle. Where I would agree though is he is prone to rash challenges.