The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Chris Humphrey the new Gretna manager according to their twitter feed....genuinely wish him all the best...let’s hope EK are much improved next week. They looked nervous even before kick-off today. it’s still possible to get past cove but yea it’ll be difficult-a good strong fast team who closed ek down very quickly and deserved the win today 

20 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Meant to add, am I right in thinking that both Craig Brown and Ian Maxwell were in attendance too. Pretty positive both walked past at half time. Here’s hoping someone’s had a wee word with Mr M re the East region.

Definitely Maxwell anyway. We saw all the dignitaries walking from the boardroom to the ground.

Cove simply pressed EK as soon as they got to the halfway line. Physically much stronger. EK were reduced to square passes and never really got going. The late goal makes the tie interesting though as it could have been more. Having seen both teams previously I have to hold my hands up to jinxing EK by tipping them :lol:

1 minute ago, The Mantis said:

Definitely Maxwell anyway. We saw all the dignitaries walking from the boardroom to the ground.

Cove simply pressed EK as soon as they got to the halfway line. Physically much stronger. EK were reduced to square passes and never really got going. The late goal makes the tie interesting though as it could have been more. Having seen both teams previously I have to hold my hands up to jinxing EK by tipping them :lol:

Seen both teams this year too and must admit, partially due to them playing in a tougher league, I too gave the edge to EK, but how wrong I was. 

Will be at Broxburn v Bonnyrigg next week so won’t see return leg but can’t see anything but Cove going through. 

Never got to my annual trip to see Whitehill this year sadly for first time in years,  so will need to double up next year in the EOS top league - some brilliant match ups.

Just now, Bundesliga Boy said:

Seen both teams this year too and must admit, partially due to them playing in a tougher league, I too gave the edge to EK, but how wrong I was. 

Will be at Broxburn v Bonnyrigg next week so won’t see return leg but can’t see anything but Cove going through. 

Never got to my annual trip to see Whitehill this year sadly for first time in years,  so will need to double up next year in the EOS top league - some brilliant match ups.

You never missed much. Should have come down to the pre-season jolly at Heaton Stannington (1-5). It was all downhill from there.

Sore one today. Never really got started. Cove look a very decent side. Should probably have been a bigger margin. Goal at end keeps it open. Im still confident. Dont think we will be as bad in 2nd leg. If not, another season of lowland league beckons. Not a bad place to be in fairness.

14 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

You never missed much. Should have come down to the pre-season jolly at Heaton Stannington (1-5). It was all downhill from there.

Been to most places in Scotland for a game but excuse my Glasgow background, never even heard of Heaton Stannington.  Heard of Paul Heaton, but probably not quite same thing.

Maybe this summer for a pre season friendly tournament, will try keep in touch. 

8 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Been to most places in Scotland for a game but excuse my Glasgow background, never even heard of Heaton Stannington.  Heard of Paul Heaton, but probably not quite same thing.

Maybe this summer for a pre season friendly tournament, will try keep in touch. 

Newcastle team in the Northern League.

23 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Meant to add, am I right in thinking that both Craig Brown and Ian Maxwell were in attendance too. Pretty positive both walked past at half time. Here’s hoping someone’s had a wee word with Mr M re the East region.

Brown was with Cove at Auchinleck. I think he has a friend on the Cove board as he sat with their committee in the stand. He was no doubt down to see the mighty Cove see off the troublesome Juniors that day. I have never witnessed such an up their own arse club.

10 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Brown was with Cove at Auchinleck. I think he has a friend on the Cove board as he sat with their committee in the stand. He was no doubt down to see the mighty Cove see off the troublesome Juniors that day. I have never witnessed such an up their own arse club.

Oh the Irony :lol:

10 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Are EK building their new stadium, or not?

I can't imagine K Park would be suitable for the SPFL in the long term. It would be the smallest ground by capacity in the SPFL and EK would have to move any big games to Hamilton/Airdrie.

Planning permission was approved in November 2017, presumably they are waiting until they are in the SPFL before building: https://publicaccess.southlanarkshire.gov.uk/online-applications/caseDetails.do?caseType=Application&keyVal=ZZZV4OOPJV733

10 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Planning permission was approved in November 2017, presumably they are waiting until they are in the SPFL before building: https://publicaccess.southlanarkshire.gov.uk/online-applications/caseDetails.do?caseType=Application&keyVal=ZZZV4OOPJV733

I'm still wondering about this.. it's the community trust who are developing the ground (same as who own K-Park) and want it as a community hub for all sorts of sports both indoor and outdoor so I presume it might get built regardless of league status of the prospective tenant club. They were planning numerous phases so an East Fife/Dumbarton style single stand thingy may be all they ever get to with this rather than the mooted three or four sided arena.

Big game on Saturday-hopefully ek will bounce back like the did v Kelty (away) after the BSC defeat at the k park few weeks ago. Really hope winter and Longworth start-as last week’s game went on, ek were more and more in it and can definitely still win the tie if they play their best. This was always going to be a harder game than the (possible) one v Berwick  

1 hour ago, Kilbyfan said:

Big game on Saturday-hopefully ek will bounce back like the did v Kelty (away) after the BSC defeat at the k park few weeks ago. Really hope winter and Longworth start-as last week’s game went on, ek were more and more in it and can definitely still win the tie if they play their best. This was always going to be a harder game than the (possible) one v Berwick  

I think EK need to score the first goal, otherwise the heads could go down? Do away goals count in the play-offs?

23 hours ago, Ginaro said:

That seems even more out of the way than K Park currently is.