The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye both you and EK have done well considering a few short seasons ago the critics had you bringing feck all to the Scottish game. Very well done on a fantastic season. 

Cheers Newky. Hopefully next season will provide you with some cheer of your own.

On 4/15/2019 at 16:29, San Starko Rover said:

Congratulations on winning the league and good luck in the play offs. Was just curious what the state is with your Stadium, believe you’re still at K Park which is obviously fairly small are the plans to move or expand if promoted?

I would initially expect a temporary stand to go up facing the current main stand if promoted.

East Kilbride v Cove Rangers, match & media information

• 3pm kick-off at K-Park on Saturday 27th April
  • Admission is pay at gate, cash only, £8 adults and £4 concession (1 x child U-12 admitted free per each paying adult)
  • Parking extremely limited, early arrival suggested
  • East Kilbride Sports Club will be open before and after match

https://eastkilbridefootballclub.co.uk/news/east-kilbride-v-cove-rangers-match-information-23-04-2019?fbclid=IwAR2AS9gmPqnbklJAoKEW45j0TXF-dgogHmNmP6yLgkFQOMvgF-qF9T3LT3Y

First leg ties often tend to be nervy affairs.  Do you stick or twist? 
I just hope the boys bring their A game and may the best team win.  

If you offered me a 4-0 first leg victory just now judge i would bite your hand off.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

By the 92nd minute I'd decided on my match comments.....disappointment but no complaints, the better team won. 

Scoring from a set play in the first few minutes in a match of this magnitued was a massive blow for EKFC who are not used to being behind, they looked shell shocked and when the visitors repeated the feat after 35 minutes it felt like the tie could be over after the first leg (Cove looked dangerous at every subsequent corner for the rest of the match).  For most of the game Cove looked the hungrier and they won most of the personal battles.  Megghison was MOTM for me as he continually terrorised the entire EK back line.

Their central midfield got the better of Brady and Holmes in the home side and their centre backs marshalled Craig Malcolm brilliantly...that was arguably his least effective match for Kilby.

Winter made a slight difference upon his introduction at half time but the Cove left back (who had scored the opener) more than held his own.  The introduction of Longworth finally seemed to give EK a threat and he forced a fine save from the Rangers keeper.  Just as we waited for the final whistle Longworth struck from nowhere to steal what could yet be an invaluable goal although East Kilbride will have to bring a much improved performance to the second leg next week.

Additional:  Great travelling support from Cove with none of the nastiness I recall from the visit of Buckie Thistle.  They'll be rightly celebrating on their trip up the road but hopefully that late consolation has given them something to think about before they start preparing for the, now confirmed, play off match with Berwick Rangers.

Can't disagree with any of the above.

EK just seemed very flat for large parts of the game and the score should have been more emphatic - yet they somehow got a lifeline at the end.

Jamie Longworth was arguably Kilby's best player in the short time he had on the field as a sub, prior to that EK were essentially no threat.  The dominance of Cove at multiple corners was frightening.

The last 4 years worth of play-offs have been great to watch but that's perhaps one of the best performances I've seen.  Far from over however and what a chance the winners have of promotion as Berwick appear to be in a sorry state.

Best of luck to both sides for the second leg.

We ended up in the away end as there was a bit more room than down the side. Fair play to the Cove fans they were in good spirits. That late goal will give EK a wee bit of hope next week but they will need to play a lot better than today. 

Additional:  Great travelling support from Cove with none of the nastiness I recall from the visit of Buckie Thistle.  They'll be rightly celebrating on their trip up the road but hopefully that late consolation has given them something to think about before they start preparing for the, now confirmed, play off match with Berwick Rangers.

Buckie fans acting the goat? Surely not.

IMO Cove were excellent today, and the score does not do them justice.

Their team defend well and have pace when going forward. I also thought that they were physically stronger than Kilby.

Megginson was a threat all afternoon and was giving the Killy defence a torrid time.

It might have been interesting if Kilby had put away their only chance in the first half when it was only 1-0.

They did improve when Longworth was introduced.

Kilby will have to improve drastically if they have to recover next Saturday, however, this Cove team are good and it will be hard, plus I can’t see Berwick giving them problems if they overcome Kilby. 

Good crowd today.