The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

For the first half their game plan seemed to be to simply defend their own half and we were finding it tricky to break down.  Getting the goal right on the stroke of half time forced them to come out and when they did they looked dangerous.  We needed that second as a cushion.  Not surprised they were as high as 4th before yesterday.

I didn't see what led to the red card but they did have a few players that kept leaving something in every challenge.

Another 3 points on the board. To be fair Edinburgh Uni competed well for large parts of the game. Two rapid goals just before HT more or less settled the game. Played out second half with minimum of fuss. Another healthy crowd. Looking forward to trip to Coldstream next week, another first.

Edited by ekok
Typo

3 minutes ago, ekok said:

Another 3 points on the board. To be fair Edinburgh Uni competed well for large parts of the game. Two rapid goals just before HT more or less settled the game. Played out second half with minimum of fuss. Another healthy crowd. Looking forward to trip to Coldstream next week, another first.

Got to hand it to EK, the results keep coming. Worthy champions, and in the nicest possible way I hope this is your last season in the LL. :)

1 hour ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Got to hand it to EK, the results keep coming. Worthy champions, and in the nicest possible way I hope this is your last season in the LL. :)

54 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Yip second that, Its some run and deserved winners if see it through , hopefullyblow cove and Albion oot the water 

Mon the LL

Kel and Baxter both spot on. Absolutely dominant from EK this season. Consistantly turned in the results week in, week out. 

Hi Jerry and Kelheart. So refreshing to see some old fashioned respect and acknowledgment of what is going on around your own wee bubble. The whole of Scottish Football would be much the better for your approach. Yes we all want to see our team prosper, but that  invloves  being realistic. We  got a total lesson on that in play offs a few years ago in our wee bubble.

Absolute respect to Kelty for taking the plunge first ,showing ambition , sure you and anothers will get your just rewards in due course.

49 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

2 games v kelty gonnae be crackers I was very impressed by kelty on Saturday. Blew us away wi 4 goals in a 15 min spell. 2 teams well worthy of SPFL fitba when it comes. 

The league will be over by that point, so EK may have taken their foot off the gas??

Was glad to see 3 points gained against one of our uni-bogey sides.  I was a big fan of Kieran Gibbons but his absence hasn't affected us in the slightest.  That defence is so miserly and we now have a few players capable of scoring...albeit I did not predict a Proctor double :lol: