The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Looks like another good signing. What happened to willie Robertson who was supposed to have signed from Stirling Albion? He is a defensive midfielder too-I assume that signing fell through (he isn’t listed on the club website)...that said, EK must be the strongest squad in the league by a mile now 

Edited by Kilbyfan
Typo

Looks like another good signing. What happened to willie Robertson who was supposed to have signed from Stirling Albion? He is a defensive midfielder too-I assume that signing fell through (he isn’t listed on the club website)...that said, EK must be the strongest squad in the league by a mile now 

Was thinking the same when I saw the Daily Record report, as “Defensive Midfielder” is definitely what Willie Robertson is.

Owen had an excellent debut, use of ball first class , positional sense outstanding. Fair play to  Vale pushed us very hard, especially in second half. Big shout to grounds staff, despite recent weather pitch played well. Bottom line clean sheet and 3 points . As ever welcome and hospitality top drawer, as always a great trip. 

14 minutes ago, ekok said:

Owen had an excellent debut, use of ball first class , positional sense outstanding. Fair play to  Vale pushed us very hard, especially in second half. Big shout to grounds staff, despite recent weather pitch played well. Bottom line clean sheet and 3 points . As ever welcome and hospitality top drawer, as always a great trip. 

Glad you enjoyed your day out, overall it was an entertaining game and nice to see both sets of fans behaving and enjoying what was on show. 

The game was played in good spirit,  if not the best of  conditions with the swirling wind.

All the best for the rest of the season, and welcome back anytime.

Hi Ruthrieston( took me 5 minutes to spell that !) Agree 100% the whole day was what what our version of the beautiful game should be about. Fully competitive game, not a single bad tackle, no one got on to the officials, both teams tried to win the game.

Off the pitch we had a  ball in the Union Club , before and after the game, the soup was excellent, look forward to hosting you at K ParK , all the best for the rest of the season.  

I was looking at the remaining LL fixtures and it's one hell of a run-in that EK have got in the last five games - Cumbernauld, Spartans, Kelty, BSC, then Kelty again. Admittedly all home games except the last, but still, very tricky. 

I still can't see past yous for the league mind you, and it might help your cause in the play-offs coming off a run of very competitive games. 

Winning the Lowland League, not a chance is that being taken for granted at EK. Teams in contention have 8/9 games to play, over 20 points up for grabs. Next team we play is last team to beat us in league, Civil Service Strollers. Also have game v BSC in second place and two v Kelty who are in third place. 

The one thing that will not defeat us is complacency. That said this is by far the best and strongest squad we have had, so every cause for optimism. Lets see how it pans out.