The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

A good result against Preston, who had a few chances..still think Reid (hat trick hero) Howie and Proctor should be amongst the first names on the team sheet. Liam Craig looked intelligent when he came on too..surprised that EK can’t get numbers to organise a supporters bus to Gretna. I was there last year and there was more ek fans than home support there! 

On 02/11/2018 at 07:47, superbigal said:
On 01/11/2018 at 18:00, johnmc80 said:

No transfer window rules apply to the LL ?

On 02/11/2018 at 10:38, surely not! said:

Not if the person is out of contract and a free agent. Which is the same as applies in the Premiership and all other pro leagues

On 02/11/2018 at 12:43, The Moonster said:

This isn't true.  I believe from League 2 upwards you can't sign players outside the transfer windows (unless it's a sanctioned loan from the SPFL).  The rules changed and anyone signed in the senior leagues now as a free agent will need to wait until January before they can play.  Lowland League and below operate different rules.

David Proctor was a coach for us and not a player so I would assume the rules would not apply anyway in that case 

21 hours ago, Kilbyfan said:

Another good three points and a healthy travelling ek supportto witness it! Feel sorry for some of the guys on the bench eg Ross McNeil but that shows how strong the squad is. Surely if Stuart Malcolm beats gala twice he’ll keep the job...

thought Andy McLaren was getting the job or is that "fake news" ?

He’d be a good shout but big Stuart has them playing well and deserves his chance . Apparently capuano is unhappy at being dropped at right back. I quite like him as a player and understand his frustration but to be honest Craig Reid is too good not to be playing and Howie/proctor play so well together in the centre 

I heard big Proctor was getting it and that the loss the week before you played shire cemented that.

Think he would have the job by now selfy if that was the case. There was defo a bit of unrest that week tho behind the scenes so could be something in it. Stuart malcolm blamed things going on in the background for the defeat. Think they will stick with SM and see how it pans out knowing proctor is there to step in if its not working out.

Was pleasantly surprised at the attendances EK are getting on the attendances thread considering how new a club they are. Have the club been doing anything special to get crowds through the gate or is it just down to what ye would expect from a town the size of EK in terms of folk wandering up to check it out?

A comprehensive but hard earned 3 points against Gala.  A well taken goal from Jamie Longworth put is in the driving seat before a Paul Woods double wrapped up the points.  The game got a little meaty at times but i felt the ref managed it well when things were at their most heated.  Next stop the University of Stirling :unsure: 

• 2 weeks later...

With our game being called off, I decided to come through and check you out, and weather aside I was really impressed.

There were obviously a few players that I knew from their time at SPFL clubs, but I thought when you were on the ball, you played some lovely football and were attractive to watch. I seen you play Cumbernauld Colts a few years ago at Broadwood and you have come on leaps and bounds since then.

I have no doubt that you would be a good addition to the League 2 set up and I just hope that, with the way you play, you can slowly add a few numbers onto your gate and make a good go at it, like Edinburgh have done.

Well done on your win today, and best of luck for the rest of the season [emoji1319]

PS - Just our of interest, what happened to Chris Smith? Looks like he is no longer with you AND what a sad sight to see Chris Humphrey, that guy should be tearing up that league but today, looked a shadow of the player Motherwell and Hibs had.

I think Chris Smith signed for Dumbarton as backup when they had some goalie injuries.

Humphrey has been destroyed by injury.

EK played some great football for 44 mins. 3-0 up and looking at right good win. Switched off for 10 seconds and score at ht 3-1

Absolute credit to WW for sticking in for second half. Truth be told the weather won the second half, even for East Kibride it was horrible.

Edited by ekok
Typo