The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

2 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

The two go hand in hand, the last  2 managers are reported to been on rather handsome wages, and yet it still didn’t stop them from stepping back to where they came from. 

There has been no great stability at K-Park on the managerial front, and I just thought that giving a lower profile candidate a couple of years at it might be more beneficial. I can see what EK are trying to do, but it’s not necessarily  always the correct way.

"This just further demonstrates the opportunities available to players and coaches at East Kilbride. We have already seen Billy Stark and David Proctor move back into impressive coaching roles after spells at the club, and we have also had many players given great opportunities in the SPFL after starring for East Kilbride."

https://eastkilbridefootballclub.co.uk/news/brian-kerr-resigns-15-10-2018

Interested to know if that statement from East Kilbride would worry any fans? 

It sounds abit like the club is portraying itself as a stepping stone or is it just being realistic? 

No criticism, just curious as I believe East Kilbride could make it as a league side themselves, given the opportunity. 

24 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

"This just further demonstrates the opportunities available to players and coaches at East Kilbride. We have already seen Billy Stark and David Proctor move back into impressive coaching roles after spells at the club, and we have also had many players given great opportunities in the SPFL after starring for East Kilbride."

https://eastkilbridefootballclub.co.uk/news/brian-kerr-resigns-15-10-2018

Interested to know if that statement from East Kilbride would worry any fans? 

It sounds abit like the club is portraying itself as a stepping stone or is it just being realistic? 

No criticism, just curious as I believe East Kilbride could make it as a league side themselves, given the opportunity. 

Doesn't worry me and is just being realistic.

Stark and Proctor [and Kerr] had all done bigger and better things in football before arriving at EK so we can't exactly take credit for bringing them to people's attention.

Getting into the SPFL is very difficult but we'll keep trying.

I agree it's just being realistic, at almost any level of football you will have people (players and coaches) who are looking up the way in the long term. As long as they are committed to the club in their time there, it's just part of football.

Any word on who the new manager will be now the rumours of EK gazumping Kelty for Ferguson didn't pan out?

I agree it's just being realistic, at almost any level of football you will have people (players and coaches) who are looking up the way in the long term. As long as they are committed to the club in their time there, it's just part of football.
Any word on who the new manager will be now the rumours of EK gazumping Kelty for Ferguson didn't pan out?

I can see them maybe sticking with brian kerrs number 2 for the forseeable now alan and seeing how it goes. Could probably be completly wrong again though. Time will tell.

20 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

I can see them maybe sticking with brian kerrs number 2 for the forseeable now alan and seeing how it goes. Could probably be completly wrong again though. Time will tell.

Didn’t even know Kerr was away as been caught up in our own situation .must be that time of year !! 

could do a lot worse than give our Ex manager Tam Courts a buzz still don’t know why he left but really decent guy and manager 

Didn’t even know Kerr was away as been caught up in our own situation .must be that time of year !! 
could do a lot worse than give our Ex manager Tam Courts a buzz still don’t know why he left but really decent guy and manager 

I know mate. The merry go round has started. Sounded like ur ex manager maybe had something else in the pipeline. Big job to walk away from unless there has been a fallout somewhere. Congrats on getting barry ferguson in. Contrary to what most are maybe saying, i fancy him to do well with yous. Might just be the right place right time for both parties. Good exposure for the league too so fair play.

8 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

I know mate. The merry go round has started. Sounded like ur ex manager maybe had something else in the pipeline. Big job to walk away from unless there has been a fallout somewhere. Congrats on getting barry ferguson in. Contrary to what most are maybe saying, i fancy him to do well with yous. Might just be the right place right time for both parties. Good exposure for the league too so fair play.

Can’t be arsed with all that bigoted shit that flies around so hopefully he gets the chance to try prove himself , fair play to him for taking job has defo raised a few brows and glad we got in before you guys lol 

best of luck getting the right man in as you were flying and like it or not LL teams are stepping stones 

Ex-Motherwell man Humphrey joins up at K-Park

• East Kilbride sign Chris Humphrey
  • Ex-Motherwell and Prestone NE player signs on at K-Park
  • Winger could make his debut against Spartans in Scottish Cup

East Kilbride can confirm the signing of ex-Motherwell and former Jamaican international, Chris Humphrey.

The winger, who made 132 appearances for the 'Well between 2009 and 2013 has put pen to paper at K-Park, and could make his debut in today's William Hill Scottish Cup R2 tie at K-Park against Spartans

Humphrey also enjoyed a three year spell with Preston North End, between 2013 and 2016, in the English Championship and League 1.

Interim Kilby Manager Stuart Malcolm told eastkilbridefootballclub.co.uk, "Chris has been training with the squad, and has looked very sharp. It's deal that club have been working on for a week or two, and Chris is a player that we feel can significantly improve our options with his quality and experience. We are delighted to complete the deal, and he could well have a part to play against Spartans."
1540030554.JPG

I’d  give Stuart Malcolm a shot- especially after the Spartans result..and he can still play in defence if required.The Humphries signing looks cracking-things looking good but I suspect the two  Gala games will be difficult-they’re in really good form of late

18 hours ago, Kilbyfan said:

I’d  give Stuart Malcolm a shot- especially after the Spartans result..and he can still play in defence if required.The Humphries signing looks cracking-things looking good but I suspect the two  Gala games will be difficult-they’re in really good form of late

As cup draws go a home tie against a LL team has to be considered decent.