The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

I've really enjoyed watching Adam at K Park.  On his day he is close to unplayable and from day one it was clear that he'd played at a higher level.  It was not uncommon to see teams doubling up on him.  That said, he's not perfect.  He can often become frustrated to the detriment of his own game and sometimes his team mates.

It's crossed my mind before that it might be hard to play in the same team as him e.g. If he plays the wrong pass it's always your fault for not reading it and he'll be very quick to tell you so (and not in a constructive way).  That kind of aggressive, egotistical behaviour is sometimes classed, wrongly, as honesty and I think it would be tough for some young players to handle but he's right in saying that how they deal with it will probably have a bearing on how successful they end up.  

He'll be very difficult to replace and I'll miss him but everything changes and wherever he ends up their fans will get a guy capable of providing entertainment, drama and a smorgasbord of flicks and clever touches.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up. There’s no doubt he’s talented and probably too good for the Lowland League (no offence) but he’s had his fair share of off the field issues. I can also certainly see him being hard work as a teammate.

He says he wants to play at a higher level so it will depend whether someone is willing to take a chance on him, though I have my doubts. I’m not sure this interview would exactly help him attracting interest.

It will be interesting to see where he ends up. There’s no doubt he’s talented and probably too good for the Lowland League (no offence) but he’s had his fair share of off the field issues. I can also certainly see him being hard work as a teammate.
He says he wants to play at a higher level so it will depend whether someone is willing to take a chance on him, though I have my doubts. I’m not sure this interview would exactly help him attracting interest.

You are spot on. This interview will do him no favours in search for a club at higher level. Seems like sour grapes. We probably only got him because nobody was willing to take a chance on him after his previous off field issues. Flinging his toys out the pram and team mates under the bus isnt the best way to endear yourself to another club. That said, he has all the talent to play at a higher level and someone will probably take a chance on him. Good luck to him.

He may be talented but the lack of grey matter between his lugs has and will always hold him back.

To say that the current coaching  team is poor in comparison to MLs gang says it all.Despite not winning the league this season I’ve seen more creative football played than that aggressive win at all costs nonsense served up by the previous coaching team...was like gang warfare played out on the pitch with a hysterical mad man on the touch line..all about opinions!

Wish Adam all the best for the future but seriously think he will struggle to be accommodated at a higher level without changing his persona..not a great role model for aspiring young talent...why would any club take the risk with someone so volatile.

As an entertaining and skillful player, I’ll miss him.   I was wondering why he wasn’t playing  on Saturday and had noticed him shouting and bawling at his team mates in recent games....overall, I’d say it’s our loss and I wish him well...does he have a point re fitness and the uni teams? 

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 17:41, The_Judge said:

A big opportunity blown today for EK.  Fair play to the Uni, they were incredibly hard working and were delighted with their victory.  First half we started sluggishly assuming the chances would just come and in the end it was the visitors that took the lead after hesitation in the home defence.  A brilliant block tackle was not rewarded as EU scored a split second later, they had another great chance before the half ended.

In the second half EK came out with a really high tempo and Edinburgh to their credit were counter attacking with 4 and 5 players at every opportunity.  The opposition number 9 had caught the eye with his speed and tenacity but ended up seeing red after two late tackles.  This didn't really change the pattern of the match and if there were stats available I'd expect them to say we had 25 shots with 15 on target although only 1 of those required what I'd call a great save.  The other 14 all ended up close to the goalkeeper who didn't put a foot wrong.

Not an ideal situation before an away trip to East Stirlingshire next week.

13 minutes ago, Kilbyfan said:

...does he have a point re fitness and the uni teams? 

Above is my post from the home game against Edinburgh Uni.  Certainly wasn't fitness that cost us on that occasion.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 13:43, The_Judge said:

UNI-GRAPHIC.jpg

They also drew away to Edusport if you include them as academic. Indeed of the 19pts they dropped over the course of the season, 12pts were against educational institutions, and 7pts were against BSCG and 'Shire... Interesting to contrast Spartans, who took only 6pts from 6 games against rest of the top 4, yet only dropped 2pts from 24 games with all others (A v Cumbernauld).

26 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

They also drew away to Edusport if you include them as academic. Indeed of the 19pts they dropped over the course of the season, 12pts were against educational institutions, and 7pts were against BSCG and 'Shire... Interesting to contrast Spartans, who took only 6pts from 6 games against rest of the top 4, yet only dropped 2pts from 24 games with all others (A v Cumbernauld).

We were 3-2 up in that match with Edusport and missed a penalty in the 70th minute.  Edusport got their equaliser in stoppage time!  Felt at the time that it could come back to haunt us.

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:17, Ricky Spanish said:

I’m sure you have enjoyed watching Thistle on several occasions at K-Park then, when Kilby have made it available to Thistle for training and games, which I assume made circumstances less difficult for the Junior side?

Maybe might want to recognise the regular cooperation between the teams?

Maybe I'm wrong but I understood East Kilbride Community Trust owned K-Park and it would be them who decided who used K-Park and when ,nothing to do with EKFC.