The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-fc-dom-mclaren-11401951.amp
Another negative story comes out of EK. I don’t know how they can ask for £1000 for a player on an amateur form?

If this article by Thompson is acurrate this is the second time this has happened!
Furthermore, no club can receive money /gratuity for a player who has signed an amateur contract.
Interesting to see how the SFA monitor/intervene in this situation.

1 hour ago, Urris67 said:

If this article by Thompson is acurrate this is the second time this has happened!
Furthermore, no club can receive money /gratuity for a player who has signed an amateur contract.
Interesting to see how the SFA monitor/intervene in this situation.

After checking with some of those in the know who frequent K-Park and travel to away games more regularly than I, the suggestion that EK received any money is ridiculous,  but any excuse to have a pop a East Kilbride or wish some negativity on the club  :-)

Interesting that neither club would comment, which would indicate that this is much ado about nothing, as none of them felt strongly enough to be arsed commenting. 

Also, "apparently"  the player in question is still a free agent and has not yet registered for a new club, so with that in mind the article can be filed under "factually incorrect." and may indicate the player is hedging his bets? 

I actually have sympathy for journalists now, especially local guys, as the rise of social media makes it much more difficult for them to be first with stories, and it must be difficult to separate the truth from wind-ups and gossip, probably like in this case.  

Which results in more of them willing to take a punt on a story they can't substantiate or get quotes on.  

My god, look at the mess the guy from the mighty Peebles News got himself in earlier in the week, when his Stark resignation claim quickly disappeared from cyberspace, as apparently it turned out he had just heard a rumour!

Roll on Saturday when the football commences again, and the Twitterati can get back in full swing.

10 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

After checking with some of those in the know who frequent K-Park and travel to away games more regularly than I, the suggestion that EK received any money is ridiculous,  but any excuse to have a pop a East Kilbride or wish some negativity on the club  :-)

Interesting that neither club would comment, which would indicate that this is much ado about nothing, as none of them felt strongly enough to be arsed commenting. 

Also, "apparently"  the player in question is still a free agent and has not yet registered for a new club, so with that in mind the article can be filed under "factually incorrect." and may indicate the player is hedging his bets? 

I actually have sympathy for journalists now, especially local guys, as the rise of social media makes it much more difficult for them to be first with stories, and it must be difficult to separate the truth from wind-ups and gossip, probably like in this case.  

Which results in more of them willing to take a punt on a story they can't substantiate or get quotes on.  

My god, look at the mess the guy from the mighty Peebles News got himself in earlier in the week, when his Stark resignation claim quickly disappeared from cyberspace, as apparently it turned out he had just heard a rumour!

Roll on Saturday when the football commences again, and the Twitterati can get back in full swing.

I don’t think there was any suggestions that EK received money, it states that they were holding out for £1000?

We never commented as he wasn’t registered as a player until today
Also wouldn’t comment on fees etc anyways

Think Ricky Spanish should read the said article more carefully in future and try to digest its content before consulting those travelling EK fans about the workings of their club.

Why would a player consult with the SFA about his contract and then go to the press if he wasn't completely "in the right" about his situation and somewhat frustrated with the unnecessary obstacles EK were putting in his way!

Ladeside have now commented however doubt we will hear anything from EK...let you draw your own conclusions!

GARY RETURNS HOME TO BOOST STRIKING OPTIONS

26-Oct-2017 

East Kilbride FC is delighted to confirm that ex-striker Gary Graham has re-joined the club, after signing from Sauchie Juniors on Thursday night.

The 22-year old, who netted 12 goals for Kilby in the inaugural Lowland League season of 2013/14, whilst on loan from Clyde, goes straight into gaffer Billy Stark’s squad which will travel to Selkirk on Saturday.

Kilby Manager Stark commented, “Gary will strengthen our striking options and has looked lively from what I have seen so far.  He has a pedigree of scoring goals in the Lowland League, so we are happy to have him on board”

East Kilbride fans will fondly remember the front man claiming the only goal of the club’s first ever Lowland League victory in August 2013 against Whitehill Welfare in a 1-0 triumph, along with another memorable FOUR first-half goals against Selkirk at K-Park a few days  later in a 4-1 win.  Gary was also part of the EK team which won the South Challenge Cup in May 2014, Kilby’s first ever senior trophy, after a 2-0 win over Dalbeattie Star at Palmerston Park.

Delighted to be back at K-Park, Gary told ekfc.co.uk, “When I heard there was a chance of returning to East Kilbride, I only had one thought in my mind, such was the level of enjoyment I experienced a here few years ago. The chance to work under Billy Stark, and assistant Craig Young for a second time, as part of an ambitious team is a challenge I really look forward to, and I can’t wait to get started.”

Check out the links below from our EKFCtv channel on YouTube to see Gary in goal-scoring action for EK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JulyxBgtVqo&list=PLr2CbOzUHBY8nmVDqLxmm2KuvTpeMwVld&index=21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNwjrUhjy30&list=PLr2CbOzUHBY8nmVDqLxmm2KuvTpeMwVld&index=20

Gary%20Graham1.jpg

55 minutes ago, Fremlin said:

He thought he had indigestion and went to the doctor.  Found out he had three blood clots on his lung.  Needs to wait now to see if he'll ever play football again.

Hope the boy makes a recovery from this terrible news.

17 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

What kinda feedback exactly where u looking for from the club?

Presumably he meant that there's been no official statement from the club and nothing on social media. But if Capuano is having ongoing analysis done it's a bit inappropriate for them to tweet it bit by bit imo.