The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Wow...on paper yesterday's 1-1 draw away to Edinburgh University could be considered an even bigger shock than last weeks 5-0 humbling by ES.  I wasn't at the game and don't know if the score reflected our performance but it's not a result you'd expect from a team hoping to compete for the league title.  For anyone who backed us to retain our title I wouldn't go spending the money just yet.

On a cheerier note, it's good to see our U-18 development squad get back to winning ways with a 4-1 over Celtic BC.  Scorers were McBrearty (2), Beattie and Devlin.

DLDhh6wWsAMzDO_.jpg

I took in the game.

Edinburgh Uni opened the scoring within 1 min courtesy a long-range screamer from off the left wing: I think by their loping winger with an Iberian name though it might've been the Scandinavian striker. After that it was largely EK with a lot of possession and pressure, some attacking chances and forcing a couple saves out of Tait in the uni goal. However the uni had a pair of good chances shortly before HT so could have gone in further ahead.

Second half was much the same, EK pressure and attacks and a few chances until they eventually equalised - Tait pulled off a fine diving save but it fell at the feet of an EK attacker who bundled it in. EK were throwing everything at it for a winner, but it never came, then Edinburgh Uni should actually have scored shortly before FT when one of their centrehalfs appeared unmarked yet placed his header wide. Draw perhaps fair.

Strange weather. Blazing sunshine until 30mins, torrential rain and chill wind until HT, grey until the hour, then blazing sunshine again.

MotM was Edinburgh Uni's captain, IMO - real lynchpin and playmaker in midfield.

Hopefully there's highlights. Edinburgh Uni have an impressive 20-foot high periscope-type camera apparatus, anyway.

A 3-0 victory at home to Civil Service Strollers tonight.  A first win in 3 but not quite as comfortable as the scoreline might suggest.  We definitely started much better than we have in the last few I've seen with a lot more movement off the ball and a bit more bite in the tackle.  We controlled the first half and I don't think Kean had a shot to save but in the second it was much more end to end with CSS missing a great one on one chance with the score at 2-0.  Great performances from McBride playing as a sweeper, young Gavin Millar and Ross McNeil with a hat-trick.  Oh yes and 4 yellow cards but only one for any kind of tackle!!

Not long back from a very good game against Edusport, final score EK 2 - 1 Edusport Academy.

I was very impressed with the visitors.  Their current league place coupled with last weeks 6-1 defeat had left me thinking that this shouldn't be too difficult a fixture but I thought they were a good team with some impressive players and I honestly wouldn't have begrudged them a draw.  It was a fairly even match for the most part with Edusport missing a sitter at 0-0.  Our opener was fortuitous in that it was a 30 second pinball in the box before Sean Winter stabbed it home.  EA's equaliser was a gift after BJ Coll made a poor decision passing the ball back but into the path of two Edu players.  At no point did the visitors look like they were content with a point and the game swung back and forward before a fine headed winner from young Michael Anderson.

Adam Strachan was a stand out for the home side which is not unusual and came close to scoring a worldy after outfoxing 3 players on the wing and 2 more in the box before seeing his shot turned wide by the keeper.

Six points from two games in 4 days keeps us very much in the hunt.

Edited by The_Judge

I thought Dom was a good player, he just couldn't nail down a shirt.  I assumed his best position is centre back and last year we were just so strong defensively with David Proctor and Craig Howie he didn't get much of a look in.  This season he had a couple of games at right full back and was okay although it didn't look like his natural position.  Was mentioning the fact on Saturday that I hadn't seen him in a few weeks but wasn't aware he had actually left the club?

Excellent couple of days. Club Development Programme saw mix of Under 16s and 18s join with Under 20s in  draw 3-3 with East Kilbride Thistle Juniors last night. Today played Cowdenbeath off the park , 1-0 going on whatever. By far best we have played this season, onwards and upwards.

Edited by ekok
Mis spell