The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

EK stumbled more than strolled to victory today.  First half was very similar to the opening game of the season against Dalbeattie.  The away side were on top for the first 15 - 20 minutes before The Kilby started to come more into it.  The first half ended 0-0 with EK failing to trouble Cumbernauld's keeper.  The Colts on the other hand will look at a move during which they had no fewer than 3 great chances to score although somehow they were kept out by a save from Kean and blocks from two EK defenders.

After the break Cumbernauld appeared to have less energy and EK were on top fairly quickly and starting to fashion chances.  McNeil missed a great chance with a header but then soon after got the opener after good work from Adam Strachan who gave the visitors full back a torrid time for most of the match and assisted in all three goals.

Aiden Nisbet was replaced by Liam Coogans who notched a double to make the final score look a bit more comfortable.

46 minutes ago, Bobo1471 said:

Not sure exactly what happened with the management team and why they weren't kept on etc after an unbelievable season. What I do find even more a strange though is there is absolutely no mention of this non payment  of bonus  story in the local newspaper. Anyone know why this may be?

Probably because Paul Thomson is the EK equivalent of the North Korean press, he will never report anything negative. 

53 minutes ago, Bobo1471 said:

Not sure exactly what happened with the management team and why they weren't kept on etc after an unbelievable season. What I do find even more a strange though is there is absolutely no mention of this non payment  of bonus  story in the local newspaper. Anyone know why this may be?

It's been in the local paper, but given the amount of coverage any ongoing legal dispute will have, minimal coverage due to neither party being in a position to comment.

But that doesn't seem to satisfy the sycophants and bedwetters determined to make a big deal of this.

If the previous manager is deemed by legal process to be due any dough, it will be paid.  If not, he won't be, end of story.

Reliably informed that nobody at EK is losing any sleep over this, and it has no bearing on how Billy Stark works week to week. 

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It's been in the local paper, but given the amount of coverage any ongoing legal dispute will have, minimal coverage due to neither party being in a position to comment.

But that doesn't seem to satisfy the sycophants and bedwetters determined to make a big deal of this.

If the previous manager is deemed by legal process to be due any dough, it will be paid.  If not, he won't be, end of story.

Reliably informed that nobody at EK is losing any sleep over this, and it has no bearing on how Billy Stark works week to week. 

Do you not think it's a big deal that a manager is suing a club for £20k, which is a massive amount of money at that level?

I don't think billy stark would be worried at all by all this he's too experienced for that. However it does seem odd that the local paper hasn't reported this. Is it only positive stories ek allow out, or is it possible the paper has been told they would face a ban from kpark?  

1 hour ago, bpek said:

£30000 if they had got promoted

Some bonus . So why are Ek not paying it as it seems clear they owe something. It is well known in football circles this is a regular thing at kpark with money. The players where fuming as far back as the Celtic cup game when they didn't get a penny. So not a surprise to be honest

It was 5 grand for winning the league and so on for winning any play off matches, it was a massive 30 grand for promotion but obviously that didn't happen

Why offer such a large bonus?
They wouldn't get anywhere near that in league two.
Was Laughlin such a big fish that they needed to offer that to get him?

Anyone want to talk about the game yesterday or the upcoming game on Tuesday? [emoji23][emoji6]

Joint top of the league with a good BSC side, 9 goals scored, 1 goal conceded and it still feels like the team have a few more gears to go up...

40 minutes ago, bpek said:

It was 5 grand for winning the league and so on for winning any play off matches, it was a massive 30 grand for promotion but obviously that didn't happen

I'm told it was more. 5 k for league, 15 for play off and a further 20k for going up. Think the club made it all incentive based to get them to spfl and obviously didn't make it. This won't go away and could hinder future players arriving at ek thats what will worry billy stark

I was at the EK game yesterday, and spoke to a player who is/has been involved with the club. He informed me that there had been issues with bonus payments to players last season, in some cases not being paid. 

I have no reason to disbelieve what he told me, however, like everything, it could only be one side of the story.

49 minutes ago, Mattalum said:

Anyone want to talk about the game yesterday or the upcoming game on Tuesday? emoji23.pngemoji6.png

Joint top of the league with a good BSC side, 9 goals scored, 1 goal conceded and it still feels like the team have a few more gears to go up...

I thought the score maybe flattered EK slightly, however it's the sign of a good team when you can dig out these results.

8 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I was at the EK game yesterday, and spoke to a player who is/has been involved with the club. He informed me that there had been issues with bonus payments to players last season, in some cases not being paid. 

I have no reason to disbelieve what he told me, however, like everything, it could only be one side of the story.

It's not a secret players talk and it gets round all dressing rooms. League bonus payments to players where changed and there was a lot of unhappy players there before the play off games. Ask any players at senior or junior clubs it's common knowledge 

22 hours ago, Bobo1471 said:

16 hours ago, Bobo1471 said:

I don't think billy stark would be worried at all by all this he's too experienced for that. However it does seem odd that the local paper hasn't reported this. Is it only positive stories ek allow out, or is it possible the paper has been told they would face a ban from kpark?  

4 hours ago, Bobo1471 said:

Some bonus . So why are Ek not paying it as it seems clear they owe something. It is well known in football circles this is a regular thing at kpark with money. The players where fuming as far back as the Celtic cup game when they didn't get a penny. So not a surprise to be honest

1 hour ago, Bobo1471 said:

I'm told it was more. 5 k for league, 15 for play off and a further 20k for going up. Think the club made it all incentive based to get them to spfl and obviously didn't make it. This won't go away and could hinder future players arriving at ek thats what will worry billy stark

51 minutes ago, Bobo1471 said:

It's not a secret players talk and it gets round all dressing rooms. League bonus payments to players where changed and there was a lot of unhappy players there before the play off games. Ask any players at senior or junior clubs it's common knowledge 

So...Mr Bobo, welcome to P&B :).  Yesterday you know little or anything about the old management team's departure but are compelled to post about how strange it is 'the local paper' has made "absolutely no mention of it"?

You then speculate blindly about the paper being threatened with a ban?!

Today we get the tired old, and completely unsubstantiated,  lie cliche that "it's a well known thing in football circles".

A couple of hours later you're now FULLY in the know in terms of the contract and EK's payments system and advise that if I ask ANY player at a senior or junior club they'll know all about it :lol:.

I don't know and don't claim to know but would offer the suggestion that if things were as bad as you've suggested then surely MANY of last season's squad would have left?

2 hours ago, Mattalum said:

Anyone want to talk about the game yesterday or the upcoming game on Tuesday? emoji23.pngemoji6.png

Really missed Sean Winter yesterday.  A wide player who's extremely consistent and scores regularly is a huge asset.  Kevin McCann has started the season well but was missing yesterday with 17 year old Michael Anderson given a start ahead of Martin McBride and Craig McLeish.

Scott Stevenson looks more at home at right full back than Dom McLaren and the rest of the back four Howie, Russell and Coll all looked fine yesterday..but..it still seems weird to have the best defender at the club [David Proctor] watching from the side.

11 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

So...Mr Bobo, welcome to P&B :).  Yesterday you know little or anything about the old management team's departure but are compelled to post about how strange it is 'the local paper' has made "absolutely no mention of it"?

You then speculate blindly about the paper being threatened with a ban?!

Today we get the tired old, and completely unsubstantiated,  lie cliche that "it's a well known thing in football circles".

A couple of hours later you're now FULLY in the know in terms of the contract and EK's payments system and advise that if I ask ANY player at a senior or junior club they'll know all about it :lol:.

I don't know and don't claim to know but would offer the suggestion that if things were as bad as you've suggested then surely MANY of last season's squad would have left?

A junior player who was gonae sign for ek this season phoned your players and was told stay junior whatever you get offered here you won't get so I wouldn't advise it. Is a fair point though about players staying