The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Harsh lads.

So the incredible run ends after 30 games, almost 8 months, and agonisingly just 1 game short of equalling the apparent British and possible world record. Historic feat by EK.

Apparently Lokomotiv Leipzig won 37 games in a row when they reformed a decade or so ago. I believe the story was in the Whitehill programme last week and the Spartans one today. Rab B of this forum should be able to fill in the details as he edits the WW programme.

Fair enough... I had asked and looked about a few forums and no-one had bettered the Belfast Celtic total of 31 with evidence (in some cases examples came up but turned-out to be league games only).

Normally the national FA cup will stop any team dominating a lower-level from going dozens of games unbeaten - EK have already beaten an SPFL team in this season's competition and would have needed to do the same to Stranraer next week even if they'd won today. However, in Germany they have a slightly odd system where the lower-level clubs only play in the national DFB Cup if they won a lower-level state cup the previous season... so if you didn't do so, you get a clear run at 'lower-level only' competitions the following season.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Still some record mind you what ever way you take the penalty shoot out win.

I know. It's really impressive, I think they'll beat whoever finishes 10th in the SPFL.

Edit:

Taking nothing away from them, it's just funny to go fishing here. Well done to EK for the run, well done for milking the publicity because I 100% would've done the same if it was my club.

Fans are welcome to debate our 30 game record if they wish. It's all about opinions. In the long run it doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters to EK fans is to compete Lowland League title & promotion to League 2.

Before the season started we would have been delighted with 14 wins out of 15 in the league. Here's hoping we can continue this form into the second half of the season. 

1 minute ago, EKFCTV said:

Fans are welcome to debate our 30 game record if they wish. It's all about opinions. In the long run it doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters to EK fans is to compete Lowland League title & promotion to League 2.

Before the season started we would have been delighted with 14 wins out of 15 in the league. Here's hoping we can continue this form into the second half of the season. 

Debate is a healthy thing! The penalty shoot out thing is always going to have statos being split of it being a win, you won the tie no doubt about that but some would class it as a draw in 120 minutes of play and wouldn't count it.

At the end of the day its a bit of hype which has given you club great publicity and people who don't know where the hell East Kilbride is and what the Lowland League is now know about both. 

EK have been on an incredible run but for selfish reasons I hope you now stumble a bit so we can have a winner take all match on April 22nd which would certainly end up with a world record crowd for a lowland league game