The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 01:25, Jack Burton said:

Hereford won 27 in a row only last season. I wouldn't be surprised if another team has a longer winning streak than that.

Its a great PR stunt by EK but afraid it isn't a record especially when you count a game drawn as a win.

This. I wasn't aware that there was actually a draw during this "run", a penalty win is a drawn game decided on penalty kicks.  However, they've milked the PR which is fair enough.

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

This. I wasn't aware that there was actually a draw during this "run", a penalty win is a drawn game decided on penalty kicks.  However, they've milked the PR which is fair enough.

Who ever does the EK PR and media stuff has played a blinder with this stuff. The record maybe debatable with the draw and penalty win chucked in but the publicity the club has got is priceless.

There was a news item on the EK website on 30th October saying that this Saturday's (12th November) cup game away v Edusport will be at Spartans' Ainslie Park in Edinburgh. I don't find that info confirmed elsewhere, whereas the SFA refs appointments sheet and the SoSFL website fixtures page both list it as at Edusport's normal home, Galabank. Annan Athletic have an away fixture so there's no obvious clash there.

I'll be in Edinburgh on Saturday so was intending to go along to this ...if it is indeed at Spartans.

Can anybody from EK confirm whether it is indeed being played at Spartans? Or down in Annan?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Can somebody clear this up for me please.

Did Donald Trump actually win the election today or did he draw with Hilary and claim it was a win via social media?

Speaking of America...

Kilby's amazing story of 27 consecutive wins in a row was this week covered by a US broadcasting giant FOX SPORTS :thumsup2

EKfoxnews.PNG

11 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

There was a news item on the EK website on 30th October saying that this Saturday's (12th November) cup game away v Edusport will be at Spartans' Ainslie Park in Edinburgh. I don't find that info confirmed elsewhere, whereas the SFA refs appointments sheet and the SoSFL website fixtures page both list it as at Edusport's normal home, Galabank. Annan Athletic have an away fixture so there's no obvious clash there.

I'll be in Edinburgh on Saturday so was intending to go along to this ...if it is indeed at Spartans.

Can anybody from EK confirm whether it is indeed being played at Spartans? Or down in Annan?

Thanks.

The game has been confirmed for Galabank, Annan.

Edited by EKFCTV

KILBY NEWS | Transfers

The man who scored 34 goals for EK last season is today back on loan from Stenny.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-fc-jacks-back-9228155

KILBY NEWS | Media

After an interview with the Kilby gaffer on Talk Sport today discussing and the clubs 28th victory in a row, Jim White stated;

"We say this so often, but how can we not cover this story? What a wonderful story this is... Can Scotland take some of that East Kilbride spirit down at Wembley tonight?"

Penalty kicks / extra time do not count if UR  talking League games as well . Shire Would have Won League Game # 1 this season in " Overtime " . The East Stirlingshire Club Historian says that an Eastern European pre 2nd War went 56 games played 56 Wins  ( kicks from the penalty mark had not been invented ) so any cup game would go to a replay . Never stopped the facts getting in the way of a poorly researched Daily Record story about a West coast team especially when a " New " Glasgow team is not in the top 2  ..... !!!!!!!!!!!

Again are there not some Saturday / Sunday Amy teams with a better run ?

East Stirlingshire 100+ years old . Not reformed like some other teams :-  A Glasgow Blue Team , A West Edinburgh Team , Stenhousemuir ......... x3........

Shire can be dire but we are still the same Victorian Original Senior team.....................