The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Matchday 7 - 3rd September - East Stirlingshire (H):

Not sure what was going on with the strange numbering system today but have recorded in the traditional format.

1. Matt McGinley
2. Fabio Capuano
3. Barry Russell (c)
4. Dom McLaren
5. Craig Howie
6. Kieran Gibbons
7. Sean Winter
8. Martin McBride
9. Adam Strachen
10. Anthony Marenghi
11.Joao Victoria

East Kilbride 1 - 0 East Stirlingshire

Winter.

Edited by The_Judge

East Kilbride FC youngsters catch the eye of Scottish Premiership side Kilmarnock.

East Kilbride FC pair Gavin Millar and Morgan Smith are spending this week on trial with Scottish Premiership side Kilmarnock.  The professional trial opportunity comes after U20 defender Josh Macdonald signed for Raith Rovers last month.

Midfielder Millar, who has become a regular feature in Kilby’s first team, and under-20’s left back Smith both starred for EK’s U20’s in a match at Rugby Park in July, catching the eye of Killie boss Lee Clark and U20 head coach Paul Stephenson.

The professional trial opportunity comes after U20 defender Josh Macdonald signed for Raith Rovers last month and Kilby gaffer Martin Lauchlan is delighted that the duo are getting such an opportunity.

He said: “It’s no surprise to me that our young players are catching the eye of a team like Kilmarnock, the feedback the whole U20 team received after the game at Rugby Park in July was fantastic and Killie were very complimentary.  They immediately asked when Gav and Morgan were available to go down for a week. This further highlights the strength of our player development system at K-Park”.

Eighteen-year-old Millar has been in sparkling form for Kilby since making his senior debut against Celtic in February and Smith, at just 17, has also sampled first team action against Partick Thistle and Dundee in pre-season.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-fc-youngsters-catch-8786095 

Matchday 8 - 10th September - Stirling University (A):

1. Matt McGinley
2. Fabio Capuano
3. Bernard Coll
4. Barry Russell (c)
5. Craig Howie
6. Kieran Gibbons
7. Sean Winter
8. Martin McBride
9. Adam Strachen
10. Ross McNeil
11.Joao Victoria

Stirling University 1 - 3 East Kilbride 

McNeil, Strachan, Winter.

Edited by The_Judge

U-20 Lowland & East League Cup Section B, Result - Monday 12th September

Edinburgh City - 0
East Kilbride FC - 6

Goal scorers for Kilby were Liam Craig (2) Blair Kidd, Michael Jones, Gavin Millar & OG.

The victory ensures East Kilbride progress to the Semi-Final of the competition.

U-20 Lowland League Result, Friday 16th September:

Whitehill Welfare - 2
East Kilbride FC - 7

Great start to the U-20 Lowland League campaign, as goals from Anton McGuigan (2) Lewis Doherty (2) Michael Jones (2) & James Cassidy gave EK a great win at Riccarton.

U-12's GO FREE WITH PAYING ADULT

19-Sep-2016 

Children under the age of 12, accompanied by a paying adult, will be give free access to K-Park for East Kilbride FC home games this season, as part of a new initiative launched by the club this week.

Kilby Chairman Mark Horner commented, “We have seen a steady increase in attendances after our high profile exploits last season and good start to this campaign.  However, we have noticed that there has not been as large in increase in numbers of children of primary school age, so we hope that this new offer, which will start on Saturday, will encourage local families with younger football fans to come along.”

EK kick-off our 2016/17 William Hill Scottish Cup campaign on Saturday, taking on Vale of Leithen at K-Park, in a 3pm kick-off, and Horner believes this is a perfect chance for more families and new fans to get involved, commenting,” The Scottish Cup run last season captured the imagination of everyone locally, and it’s something that we would love to replicate.  With the team top of the Lowland League and this season’s Scottish Cup campaign starting on Saturday, and it would be great to see K-Park packed, with everyone getting behind the team.

http://www.ekfc.co.uk/announcements/u-12-s-go-free-with-paying-adult

Interested to see that after losing at home to Whitehill in his first game, Martin Lauchlan has now managed EK to 6 months of uninterrupted victories - if including penalty win:

23 Mar ... EK 1-2 Whitehill
26 Mar ... Whitehill 2-3 EK
09 Apr ... EK 5-2 Vale of Leithen
16 Apr ... Selkirk 1-5 EK
19 Apr ... Berwick 0-2 EK (EOSC Final)
23 Apr ... EK 3-2 Stirling Uni (LLC R1)
30 Apr ... EK 5-1 Gala (LLC R2)
03 May ... Threave 3-4 EK
07 May ... EK 2-0 Cumbernauld (LLC SF)
15 May ... Gretna 0-0 EK aet, 2-4p (LLC Final @ Gala)

30 Jul ... Whitehill 0-3 EK
06 Aug ... EK 6-0 Selkirk
10 Aug ... EK 3-0 Dalbeattie
13 Aug ... Gretna 1-6 EK (EOSQC R1)
20 Aug ... Preston 0-5 EK
27 Aug ... EK 3-1 Gala
31 Aug ... Gretna 1-5 EK
03 Sep ... EK 1-0 East Stirlingshire
10 Sep ... Stirling Uni 1-3 EK
17 Sep ... CSS 1-2 EK (SCC R1)
24 Sep ... EK 9-1 Vale (SC R1)

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

who were the last team to beat Kilby....? 

that's a pretty impressive record tbf. 

It's gonnae take some effort to even score against these guys let alone take points, yet  your lot better start picking up some points soon  otherwise it unfortunately might no be that long afore I lend Santa my catapult for yer Rosewell visits again ;)

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

who were the last team to beat Kilby....? 

that's a pretty impressive record tbf. 

Whitehill, as I say above. If Lauchlan was actually in the stand or similar for his first game (though press reports don't say so) then I suppose he's won every game since he started!

In 2016 they've only lost that game; away league games to Spartans (30 Jan) and BSCG (09 Mar); Scottish Cup tie v Celtic (07 Feb); and a South Challenge Cup tie v Edinburgh City and that was aet (05 Mar). Formidable form.

37 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

William Hill Scottish Cup - 2nd Round draw:

Cowdenbeath v East Kilbride FC

Tie scheduled to be played on Saturday 22nd October.

How much fans do you reckon Kilby would bring through to the game? A tough tie for us with the form that EK are in at the moment!

4 hours ago, geo87 said:

Not bad going considering they're only 3 years old!

I would say Kilby have the best potential of all the Lowland League sides to get a decent fan base due to the size of the place, 74,000 population I think. Good that the locals are turning out to see their local side.

I would say Kilby have the best potential of all the Lowland League sides to get a decent fan base due to the size of the place, 74,000 population I think. Good that the locals are turning out to see their local side.

Key word there is potential. I was disappointed by the crowd when they played us, especially with no the rangers or sellick on that weekend.