Sign in to follow this  
Match of the Day

The Dalbeattie star Thread

On 02/07/2019 at 22:18, RampantFM said:

Confirmed wth club yesterday. 

Strong squad with lots of depth and experience as well as some young lads. 

Deano being back is a massive boost imo. 

image.png.bddd3ac7607e0427a65848bdf3b208a8.png

ghee whizz . qosfc have 11 players . wtf

On 06/07/2019 at 16:35, DFS69 said:
On 02/07/2019 at 22:18, RampantFM said:
Confirmed wth club yesterday. 
Strong squad with lots of depth and experience as well as some young lads. 
Deano being back is a massive boost imo. 
image.png.bddd3ac7607e0427a65848bdf3b208a8.png

Looking at Todays game,Yes 2 or 3 first team missing,but defence was shocking and the young lads that came on are not good enough,Degnan and brotherston seemed to pair up well

Brotherston didn't play on saturday, he wasn't there infact. It was Declan Tremble up top who grabbed the first goal.

Now that the huffing and puffing of pre-season is over, anyone with an intrest in the Star got any predictions? Last couple of season's Star have been on a bit of a slump so here's hoping they can improve this season. Actually see they are 6th in the Lowland league all time records. Think sixth will be a bit out of reach but hopefully a solid top ten position.  On paper some good signings, new manager and a big squad for a change.  Personally i think the league might divide in to 3 and Star just need to raise there game against  the "lesser" teams, always seem to give the top teams a good game. Hopefully a good competitive season and a Nineth place finish in the league.

Mind you i think i wrote something similar last year.

I'd just like to say that, as far as I can see, there's only 1 set of midweek fixtures shown on this seasons list and like last season that fixture for us is an away match at Dalbeattie Star (a venue I enjoy visiting).

Can this be coincidence or is it the work of unseen (and annoying as f*ck) forces?

Always a tough game against Dalbeattie, home or away, but as you say, it's the games that you're expected to win which are most difficult for you. Same could be said for most teams though. 

7 hours ago, The_Judge said:

I'd just like to say that, as far as I can see, there's only 1 set of midweek fixtures shown on this seasons list and like last season that fixture for us is an away match at Dalbeattie Star (a venue I enjoy visiting).

Can this be coincidence or is it the work of unseen (and annoying as f*ck) forces?

We've got a mid week trip to Berwick to look forward to. Is it down to those same unseen forces Judge?

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:46, The_Judge said:

Hope you bring better weather with you this year, it was a wee bit wet last season.

Star have got the same midweek away game as last season as well, Edu/Caledonian Braves away, which was handy at Annan but now up at dogging central on a Wednesday night

Some run of fixtures Dalbeattie have to play before September, Edinburgh Uni and Gala are big home games if they don't manage to raise their game against the top sides like last season.

31/08/2019 East Stirlingshire - home

24/08/2019  Edinburgh University - home

17/08/2019 Bonnyrigg Rose - away

10/08/2019 BSC Glasgow - away

03/08/2019 Gala Fairydean Rovers - home

31/07/2019 East Kilbride - home

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 20:43, Jerry Macguire said:

We've got a mid week trip to Berwick to look forward to. Is it down to those same unseen forces Judge?

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting that it was a decision made to make it harder for EKFC...simply that it was done to deprive me of my favourite away fixture :(

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting that it was a decision made to make it harder for EKFC...simply that it was done to deprive me of my favourite away fixture :(

Aw and there was me hoping we could get a good conspiracy theory going. Your no fun at all Judge. 😂

10 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Aw and there was me hoping we could get a good conspiracy theory going. Your no fun at all Judge. 😂

Hmm, what about the LL always drawing Shire and BSC against each other on the opening day in a bid to stymie the early progress of the two Forth Valley based powerhouses in the league?

1 minute ago, AlansHotBath said:

Hmm, what about the LL always drawing Shire and BSC against each other on the opening day in a bid to stymie the early progress of the two Forth Valley based powerhouses in the league?

That's where I would have went next had the Judge not scuppered me.🙄

Just now, Jerry Macguire said:

That's where I would have went next had the Judge not scuppered me.🙄

No surprise the EK fan is shutting down talk of conspiracy theories... I've heard on good authority that the oystercatcher on their badge is a high-ranking member of the Illuminati...

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:46, The_Judge said:

f0a1a0e1473bf5e5174b699b5d84d081b0bdc1b9

There are 3 midweek rounds - you're also at home v Civil Service next month and away v BSCG in October.

Cursory examination of the listing would indicate that distances are kept down:

July 30th/31st
Dalbeattie v EK, Edusport v Gretna, Vale v Gala, Berwick v Bonnyrigg
CSS v Stirling Uni, Spartans v BSCG, 'Shire v Edinburgh Uni

August 27th/28th
Gretna v Cumbernauld, Gala v 'Shire, Stirling Uni v Vale, Edinburgh Uni v Berwick
Kelty v Spartans, EK v CSS

October 1st/2nd
Edusport v Dalbeattie, Gretna v Gala, 'Shire v Vale, Spartans v Berwick
Edinburgh Uni v Bonnyrigg, Cumbernauld v CSS, BSCG v EK, Stirling Uni v Kelty

There is actually a far more extreme case: over 7 LL seasons Gala + Vale will have met on such midweeks 6 times. Dalbeattie + EK and Gala + Gretna each only 4 times. (2 at K-Park / 2 at Islecroft).

Only in 2017-18 did Gala + Vale not meet in midweek: all bar 1 by natural light at Vale.

Of course derbies on international weeks, Christmas/New Year, etc. are more frequent still.

Edited by HibeeJibee

6 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

No surprise the EK fan is shutting down talk of conspiracy theories... I've heard on good authority that the oystercatcher on their badge is a high-ranking member of the Illuminati...

Are you saying it removed its blazer to model for the badge?

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

f0a1a0e1473bf5e5174b699b5d84d081b0bdc1b9

There are 3 midweek rounds - you're also at home v Civil Service next month and away v BSCG in October.

Cursory examination of the listing would indicate that distances are kept down:

July 30th/31st
Dalbeattie v EK, Edusport v Gretna, Vale v Gala, Berwick v Bonnyrigg
CSS v Stirling Uni, Spartans v BSCG, 'Shire v Edinburgh Uni

August 27th/28th
Gretna v Cumbernauld, Gala v 'Shire, Stirling Uni v Vale, Edinburgh Uni v Berwick
Kelty v Spartans, EK v CSS

October 1st/2nd
Edusport v Dalbeattie, Gretna v Gala, 'Shire v Vale, Spartans v Berwick
Edinburgh Uni v Bonnyrigg, Cumbernauld v CSS, BSCG v EK, Stirling Uni v Kelty

There is actually a far more extreme case: over 7 LL seasons Gala + Vale will have met on such midweeks 6 times. Dalbeattie + EK and Gala + Gretna each only 4 times. (2 at K-Park / 2 at Islecroft).

Only in 2017-18 did Gala + Vale not meet in midweek: all bar 1 by natural light at Vale.

Of course derbies on international weeks, Christmas/New Year, etc. are more frequent still.

All you had to say was conspiracy theories won’t be tolerated Jerry. I’d have taken the hint.

Are you and the Judge colluding on the posts?😉

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Are you saying it removed its blazer to model for the badge?

Don’t think he’s allowed to say.