The Dalbeattie star Thread

Match of the Day

On 05/04/2019 at 08:51, Kelheart said:

True Marten but that would be harsh as a good team in there somewhere not like WW who unfortunately have been really quite bad this season and do deserve to go down 

I don't think they will be in any danger - the second bottom club would only be relegated to maintain the league at sixteen clubs. As there is a space they should not be relegated. - even if EK go up and another team comes down. 

Beat kelty, draw with Spartans beat  BSC told you there’s a decent team there 
I saw them lose at East Stirlingshire 2-0 a month or so ago but they played most of the game with 10 men, but even a man short they looked well organised.

• 4 weeks later...

He'd a tough gig at Dalbeattie as the league has strengthened over the last 4 seasons. When he started they had been the only club to finish top 4 in the opening 2 LL seasons (stat that's often forgotten), and they ended 9th in his first season but rallied to 5th in the following campaign. Last season they escaped potential relegation by finishing above Vale on GD and a largely similar story this time finishing comfortably above Whitehill. There is a limited player base down there. Highlights presumably winning the Southern Counties Cup in 2016-17? I don't think they won a Scottish Cup tie during his tenure although they did take Kelty to a reply. Hard graft.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Sermani said:

8 new players signed up at the Star today.. Strongest looking squad at Islecroft for a few years. Plenty of competition for places. Hopefully avoiding a relegation struggle this season.

Good to hear Sermani. All the best for the Star next season 👍

Confirmed wth club yesterday. 

Strong squad with lots of depth and experience as well as some young lads. 

Deano being back is a massive boost imo. 

image.png.bddd3ac7607e0427a65848bdf3b208a8.png

Looking at Todays game,Yes 2 or 3 first team missing,but defence was shocking and the young lads that came on are not good enough,Degnan and Tremble seemed to pair up well

On 02/07/2019 at 22:18, RampantFM said:

ghee whizz . qosfc have 11 players . wtf

On 06/07/2019 at 16:35, DFS69 said:
On 02/07/2019 at 22:18, RampantFM said:

Looking at Todays game,Yes 2 or 3 first team missing,but defence was shocking and the young lads that came on are not good enough,Degnan and brotherston seemed to pair up well

Brotherston didn't play on saturday, he wasn't there infact. It was Declan Tremble up top who grabbed the first goal.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the huffing and puffing of pre-season is over, anyone with an intrest in the Star got any predictions? Last couple of season's Star have been on a bit of a slump so here's hoping they can improve this season. Actually see they are 6th in the Lowland league all time records. Think sixth will be a bit out of reach but hopefully a solid top ten position.  On paper some good signings, new manager and a big squad for a change.  Personally i think the league might divide in to 3 and Star just need to raise there game against  the "lesser" teams, always seem to give the top teams a good game. Hopefully a good competitive season and a Nineth place finish in the league.

Mind you i think i wrote something similar last year.

I'd just like to say that, as far as I can see, there's only 1 set of midweek fixtures shown on this seasons list and like last season that fixture for us is an away match at Dalbeattie Star (a venue I enjoy visiting).

Can this be coincidence or is it the work of unseen (and annoying as f*ck) forces?