Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Match of the Day

The Dalbeattie star Thread

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Ginaro said:

There's no play-off at the bottom of the LL. As far as we know 15th gets automatically relegated (replaced by the EOS/SOS winner if licensed) and 14th might also go down if Cove Rangers beat club 42 (Berwick/Albion Rovers), but both would be able to re-apply to get the league back to 16 teams http://slfl.co.uk/applications-for-membership/

Cheers. C'mon Berwick/Rovers!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind you everybody likes a day trip to Dalbeattie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sermani said:

Certainly in the Scottish Cup game at Islecroft, Dalbeattie were the better team, probably should of won and the Spartans game Dalbeattie should have been ahead at ht, but you might you might say the pitch was a leveller and they had a howling wind on there back as well.  Onward and upward it is then.

Kelty guys that were at that game that I have spoke to said much the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ross O'Neri said:

Deserved win for Star.  Kelty better side in the first half but Star defended well and went in at half time one down. Scored within seconds of the re-start and though you wouldn't say the second goal was coming, it was deserved. Still had a number of experienced players out injured or suspended but was still a strong starting Xi. Two teenagers started the match with another four on the bench. Kelty played well in the first half but run out of ideas in the second. 

I'll agree with that, we were poor yesterday & Star deserved the win.

Certainly no argument with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Do Dalbeattie have a bar/social club at Islecroft?

May have one within their stand BM but not sure,there's a few bars a 5/10 min walk away in the town centre.

Myself and a few friends are heading there on the 20th for Star's home game vs VoL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said, there's the bar in the stadium plus another five pubs a short walk away in the town centre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done star on staying up , seen you guys 3 times this season and maybe you just save it for Kelty but god knows how you are second bottom 

awe the best 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Well done star on staying up , seen you guys 3 times this season and maybe you just save it for Kelty but god knows how you are second bottom 

awe the best 

They aren't safe yet, if they finish 14th and Cove (or Brora) get promoted, they'll still go down unless they get re-elected to fill Selkirk's vacancy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Marten said:

They aren't safe yet, if they finish 14th and Cove (or Brora) get promoted, they'll still go down unless they get re-elected to fill Selkirk's vacancy.

True Marten but that would be harsh as a good team in there somewhere not like WW who unfortunately have been really quite bad this season and do deserve to go down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

True Marten but that would be harsh as a good team in there somewhere not like WW who unfortunately have been really quite bad this season and do deserve to go down 

Tbh, should it happen that Cove get promoted, I would expect Dalbeattie to be re-elected. As opposed to WW who would run the risk of not being picked imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Just really hope someone goes up be it EK or Cove just to get the non league clubs in the spfl 

I'd think EK would have a great chance. They look impressive this season and Cove don't seem as strong as they were last season. I also think both Albion Rovers and Berwick Rangers look worse than Cowdenbeath did last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

True Marten but that would be harsh as a good team in there somewhere not like WW who unfortunately have been really quite bad this season and do deserve to go down 

Really ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they couldnt beat WW THIS SEASON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marten said:

Tbh, should it happen that Cove get promoted, I would expect Dalbeattie to be re-elected. As opposed to WW who would run the risk of not being picked imo.

Good job yer no on the panel then eh who's to say ww are even applying  ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Good job yer no on the panel then eh who's to say ww are even applying  ?

 

I'm not saying whether or not you should be picked. I don't know the exact procedure/criteria so I won't complain at all if they pick you as long as they followed the correct procedure. I just assumed you would apply, I'd be surprised if not tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Marten said:

I'm not saying whether or not you should be picked. I don't know the exact procedure/criteria so I won't complain at all if they pick you as long as they followed the correct procedure. I just assumed you would apply, I'd be surprised if not tbh.

Some on here would have us folding altogether :thumsup2

8 points (keeping on topic 4 against the Star fao kelheart :P) is deserving of relegation to be fair.

Maybes we've had enough humiliation this year without having another boot in the stanes and miss oot on staying where we are  ?

Tough choice for the decision makers  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Some on here would have us folding altogether :thumsup2

8 points (keeping on topic 4 against the Star fao kelheart :P) is deserving of relegation to be fair.

Maybes we've had enough humiliation this year without having another boot in the stanes and miss oot on staying where we are  ?

Tough choice for the decision makers  ?

I've got nothing against you, so I wish you the best for next season regardless of which division you'll be in. I'll probably pop down for a game sooner or later. :)

I've said before that the only thing I had against the rule change re. the Selkirk situation is that it seemed like happening during the season (obviously it didn't happen in the end), but in principle I think it's fair enough to regard a club that resigned during the season as the bottom club. I hope this sparks a debate on the rules, not only for resignations during the season, but also on how to fill a vacancy. I'm also not a fan of an application process. Either solve a vacancy by reprieving a club from relegation or by promoting the best club in the tier below that missed out. Both would be fine as a solution as long as they choose one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...