The Dalbeattie star Thread

Match of the Day

6 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

BBC saying Celtic beat Star 6-0 with Abada getting 2, Turnbull 3 and Edouard the other.

No shame in losing if that's the standard of player Celtic are fielding.

Seriously, I thought the arrival of these Colts sides was supposed to be give the Lowland League enhanced coverage on the likes of the BBC.  Instead we get pish like this.

We should get a good look at the game in the BBC Scotland highlights show at least

41 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We should get a good look at the game in the BBC Scotland highlights show at least

I thought Premier Sports have the exclusive rights to the Lowland, sorry, "Colts" games?

Just out of interest are there match highlights on Celtic TV if such a thing exists?  I must admit i thought it was 6-0, was busy all afternoon and haven't been near a phone or laptop. Poor show!

• 1 month later...

I watched my first Dalbeattie Star game for a long time on saturday. Great result for them.

Couldnt believe my eyes on the touchline though. Could anyone tell me why that wee guy Jonny Brown is now at Dalbeattie? He is just a fraudster. So many teams have shown him the door in the Dumfries area. He moves from team to team. Last I heard he was chased out of Nithsdale Wanderers. 

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Estreet said:

Gutted that I chose not to attend today after seeing one of the mongrels on the street. Didn't trust myself to keep my mouth shut. I hate their club so much. Well done Star. 👏 

As much as I can understand your view, not supporting your team is mental.

• 6 months later...

A big clearout at Dalbeattie in the last couple of weeks since Jordan Williamson's appointment as manager with arguably their best two players (Currie & Dickinson) heading down the A75 to Gretna 2008 and 6 other regular starters defecting to Threave in the WOSL.  Williamson is on record saying he plans to recruit mainly from the central belt, a policy which worked for him at St Cuthbert, so it will be interesting to see if it brings any improvement.

Certainly needed something different. The last twice I watched them (early April), they were very poor. The last few games of the season they weren't even as good as that!

Locals playing for the main Kirkcudbrightshire teams are definitely in the minority. I wonder if there are other areas of Scotland as under-represented in their local teams as the Stewartry?

• 3 weeks later...
Certainly needed something different. The last twice I watched them (early April), they were very poor. The last few games of the season they weren't even as good as that!
Locals playing for the main Kirkcudbrightshire teams are definitely in the minority. I wonder if there are other areas of Scotland as under-represented in their local teams as the Stewartry?
Are Dalbeattie actually going to sign any new players,Very quiet at the moment

Heard they had 20 at training last week, not a clue who any of them are, a man walking his dog told me that.  Practically a whole new team needed so best to take time. Playing a friendly next wednesday night v Saints away. 

Gretna are seemingly going to be training in Edinburgh

Heard they had 20 at training last week, not a clue who any of them are, a man walking his dog told me that.  Practically a whole new team needed so best to take time. Playing a friendly next wednesday night v Saints away. 
Gretna are seemingly going to be training in Edinburgh
Still nothing about any players,Seeing as more than half there team has went to Threave and Star have a game away to Saints tonight

• 3 weeks later...

Up for few days from this weekend, so will see Star next Wednesday. An almost completely new squad (one player remaining?) from last season. It'll be interesting to see how they get on once the players get settled in. Not holding out any high hopes but happy to be pleasantly surprised!

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Well done Star on your draw at the weekend. Hopefully this is the start of a few positive results and climbing above Edinburgh University. 

Good result for Dalbeattie at the weekend. I thought they would have got a new player bounce, but up until Saturday it hasn’t happened, maybe a delayed bounce 🙂

All things being equal if it was between Star and Edinburgh Uni to stay up (I realise it’s possible both could be relegated) I’d have to go for the Uni, purely for selfish geographical reasons.