The Dalbeattie star Thread

Match of the Day

7 hours ago, The_Judge said:

I'd just like to say that, as far as I can see, there's only 1 set of midweek fixtures shown on this seasons list and like last season that fixture for us is an away match at Dalbeattie Star (a venue I enjoy visiting).

Can this be coincidence or is it the work of unseen (and annoying as f*ck) forces?

We've got a mid week trip to Berwick to look forward to. Is it down to those same unseen forces Judge?

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:46, The_Judge said:

I'd just like to say that, as far as I can see, there's only 1 set of midweek fixtures shown on this seasons list and like last season that fixture for us is an away match at Dalbeattie Star (a venue I enjoy visiting).

Can this be coincidence or is it the work of unseen (and annoying as f*ck) forces?

Hope you bring better weather with you this year, it was a wee bit wet last season.

Star have got the same midweek away game as last season as well, Edu/Caledonian Braves away, which was handy at Annan but now up at dogging central on a Wednesday night

Some run of fixtures Dalbeattie have to play before September, Edinburgh Uni and Gala are big home games if they don't manage to raise their game against the top sides like last season.

31/08/2019 East Stirlingshire - home

24/08/2019  Edinburgh University - home

17/08/2019 Bonnyrigg Rose - away

10/08/2019 BSC Glasgow - away

03/08/2019 Gala Fairydean Rovers - home

31/07/2019 East Kilbride - home

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 20:43, Jerry Macguire said:

We've got a mid week trip to Berwick to look forward to. Is it down to those same unseen forces Judge?

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting that it was a decision made to make it harder for EKFC...simply that it was done to deprive me of my favourite away fixture :(

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting that it was a decision made to make it harder for EKFC...simply that it was done to deprive me of my favourite away fixture :(

Aw and there was me hoping we could get a good conspiracy theory going. Your no fun at all Judge. 😂

10 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Aw and there was me hoping we could get a good conspiracy theory going. Your no fun at all Judge. 😂

Hmm, what about the LL always drawing Shire and BSC against each other on the opening day in a bid to stymie the early progress of the two Forth Valley based powerhouses in the league?

1 minute ago, AlansHotBath said:

Hmm, what about the LL always drawing Shire and BSC against each other on the opening day in a bid to stymie the early progress of the two Forth Valley based powerhouses in the league?

That's where I would have went next had the Judge not scuppered me.🙄

Just now, Jerry Macguire said:

That's where I would have went next had the Judge not scuppered me.🙄

No surprise the EK fan is shutting down talk of conspiracy theories... I've heard on good authority that the oystercatcher on their badge is a high-ranking member of the Illuminati...

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:46, The_Judge said:

f0a1a0e1473bf5e5174b699b5d84d081b0bdc1b9

There are 3 midweek rounds - you're also at home v Civil Service next month and away v BSCG in October.

Cursory examination of the listing would indicate that distances are kept down:

July 30th/31st
Dalbeattie v EK, Edusport v Gretna, Vale v Gala, Berwick v Bonnyrigg
CSS v Stirling Uni, Spartans v BSCG, 'Shire v Edinburgh Uni

August 27th/28th
Gretna v Cumbernauld, Gala v 'Shire, Stirling Uni v Vale, Edinburgh Uni v Berwick
Kelty v Spartans, EK v CSS

October 1st/2nd
Edusport v Dalbeattie, Gretna v Gala, 'Shire v Vale, Spartans v Berwick
Edinburgh Uni v Bonnyrigg, Cumbernauld v CSS, BSCG v EK, Stirling Uni v Kelty

There is actually a far more extreme case: over 7 LL seasons Gala + Vale will have met on such midweeks 6 times. Dalbeattie + EK and Gala + Gretna each only 4 times. (2 at K-Park / 2 at Islecroft).

Only in 2017-18 did Gala + Vale not meet in midweek: all bar 1 by natural light at Vale.

Of course derbies on international weeks, Christmas/New Year, etc. are more frequent still.

Edited by HibeeJibee

6 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

No surprise the EK fan is shutting down talk of conspiracy theories... I've heard on good authority that the oystercatcher on their badge is a high-ranking member of the Illuminati...

Are you saying it removed its blazer to model for the badge?

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

f0a1a0e1473bf5e5174b699b5d84d081b0bdc1b9

There are 3 midweek rounds - you're also at home v Civil Service next month and away v BSCG in October.

Cursory examination of the listing would indicate that distances are kept down:

July 30th/31st
Dalbeattie v EK, Edusport v Gretna, Vale v Gala, Berwick v Bonnyrigg
CSS v Stirling Uni, Spartans v BSCG, 'Shire v Edinburgh Uni

August 27th/28th
Gretna v Cumbernauld, Gala v 'Shire, Stirling Uni v Vale, Edinburgh Uni v Berwick
Kelty v Spartans, EK v CSS

October 1st/2nd
Edusport v Dalbeattie, Gretna v Gala, 'Shire v Vale, Spartans v Berwick
Edinburgh Uni v Bonnyrigg, Cumbernauld v CSS, BSCG v EK, Stirling Uni v Kelty

There is actually a far more extreme case: over 7 LL seasons Gala + Vale will have met on such midweeks 6 times. Dalbeattie + EK and Gala + Gretna each only 4 times. (2 at K-Park / 2 at Islecroft).

Only in 2017-18 did Gala + Vale not meet in midweek: all bar 1 by natural light at Vale.

Of course derbies on international weeks, Christmas/New Year, etc. are more frequent still.

All you had to say was conspiracy theories won’t be tolerated Jerry. I’d have taken the hint.

Are you and the Judge colluding on the posts?😉

7 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

He said “peeep peeep” if that means anything to you. 

Ah he’s speaking in ye old tongue known as Telius Tubbius. Roughly translated it means where’s ma handbag.

Apologies I didn’t count the number of e’s in the second peeep. What he’s actually saying is have you boys not tried Scotstoun?

Edited by Jerry Macguire