The Dalbeattie star Thread

Match of the Day

33 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Do Dalbeattie have a bar/social club at Islecroft?

May have one within their stand BM but not sure,there's a few bars a 5/10 min walk away in the town centre.

Myself and a few friends are heading there on the 20th for Star's home game vs VoL.

10 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Well done star on staying up , seen you guys 3 times this season and maybe you just save it for Kelty but god knows how you are second bottom 

awe the best 

They aren't safe yet, if they finish 14th and Cove (or Brora) get promoted, they'll still go down unless they get re-elected to fill Selkirk's vacancy.

31 minutes ago, Marten said:

They aren't safe yet, if they finish 14th and Cove (or Brora) get promoted, they'll still go down unless they get re-elected to fill Selkirk's vacancy.

True Marten but that would be harsh as a good team in there somewhere not like WW who unfortunately have been really quite bad this season and do deserve to go down 

2 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

True Marten but that would be harsh as a good team in there somewhere not like WW who unfortunately have been really quite bad this season and do deserve to go down 

Tbh, should it happen that Cove get promoted, I would expect Dalbeattie to be re-elected. As opposed to WW who would run the risk of not being picked imo.

5 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Just really hope someone goes up be it EK or Cove just to get the non league clubs in the spfl 

I'd think EK would have a great chance. They look impressive this season and Cove don't seem as strong as they were last season. I also think both Albion Rovers and Berwick Rangers look worse than Cowdenbeath did last season.

55 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Really ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they couldnt beat WW THIS SEASON

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Tbh, should it happen that Cove get promoted, I would expect Dalbeattie to be re-elected. As opposed to WW who would run the risk of not being picked imo.

Good job yer no on the panel then eh who's to say ww are even applying  ?

8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Good job yer no on the panel then eh who's to say ww are even applying  ?

I'm not saying whether or not you should be picked. I don't know the exact procedure/criteria so I won't complain at all if they pick you as long as they followed the correct procedure. I just assumed you would apply, I'd be surprised if not tbh.

8 minutes ago, Marten said:

I'm not saying whether or not you should be picked. I don't know the exact procedure/criteria so I won't complain at all if they pick you as long as they followed the correct procedure. I just assumed you would apply, I'd be surprised if not tbh.

Some on here would have us folding altogether :thumsup2

8 points (keeping on topic 4 against the Star fao kelheart :P) is deserving of relegation to be fair.

Maybes we've had enough humiliation this year without having another boot in the stanes and miss oot on staying where we are  ?

Tough choice for the decision makers  ?

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Some on here would have us folding altogether :thumsup2

8 points (keeping on topic 4 against the Star fao kelheart :P) is deserving of relegation to be fair.

Maybes we've had enough humiliation this year without having another boot in the stanes and miss oot on staying where we are  ?

Tough choice for the decision makers  ?

I've got nothing against you, so I wish you the best for next season regardless of which division you'll be in. I'll probably pop down for a game sooner or later. :)

I've said before that the only thing I had against the rule change re. the Selkirk situation is that it seemed like happening during the season (obviously it didn't happen in the end), but in principle I think it's fair enough to regard a club that resigned during the season as the bottom club. I hope this sparks a debate on the rules, not only for resignations during the season, but also on how to fill a vacancy. I'm also not a fan of an application process. Either solve a vacancy by reprieving a club from relegation or by promoting the best club in the tier below that missed out. Both would be fine as a solution as long as they choose one of them.

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I'd rather them both go down than SLFL picking favourites. Unfair on WW if that's the case.

There's nothing unfair when it comes to Whitehill.most reasonable Whitehill fans on here are very accepting that we should be relegated as the season on the pitch has been beyond brutal and I'm a big advocate of on field dictating a clubs position, there's no doubt off field the league probably made a c**t of things on a few fronts but for me that's another story, for what it's worth whatever league Whitehill play in and win or lose, it will be the same faces in the clubhouse having the same pints and having the same laughs, too many non Whitehill fans will never understand what the club is and always has been about and over the course of the season have made things more dramatic than they really are/were

Well deserved win for Dalbeattie today, you would never have guessed there was almost the full length of the table between the two teams. Cracking header for the winner. Missed the BSC goal as didn't get out of the bar quickly enough after half time. Enjoyable day.