The Dalbeattie star Thread

Match of the Day

Good performance from Star on Saturday despite result. One of those days when the ball would just not go in. Stirling Uni always a decent team and it won't be long until they are back in the top half dozen. Still should have left Islecroft pointless but if you don't take your chances...

Agreed, good to see work has begun on the lights and should be up and working end Oct beginning Nov.

20 hours ago, Ross O'Neri said:

Agreed, good to see work has begun on the lights and should be up and working end Oct beginning Nov.

Good, take it there will be 3 o'clock kick offs as soon as they are up and running? The central belt teams will be able to come down for midweek games now, instead of Star travelling to EK and Preston like they are having to do this season

Got to be honest I like the 2 o'clock kick offs and if it was up to me I would start all Saturday matches then and still use the lights. EK isn't too bad midweek but Preston very difficult for us and yet again we have to travel there on a Wednesday this season, yet we go to Gretna on a weekend.

38 minutes ago, Ross O'Neri said:

Got to be honest I like the 2 o'clock kick offs and if it was up to me I would start all Saturday matches then and still use the lights. EK isn't too bad midweek but Preston very difficult for us and yet again we have to travel there on a Wednesday this season, yet we go to Gretna on a weekend.

Yeah I had a whinge on another thread about us playing Gala away midweek when it was still light enough to get games at Rosewell.  

Folk will moan when the weather kicks in and it's difficult to get grass pitches on.

Great news about your floodlights though. 

On 28/08/2016 at 15:15, newcastle broon said:

I'm nae expert bud but we played wi 3 at the back yesterday which was alarming.  We try to play football from the back but we gave ye a goal from doing just that yesterday. We've lost goals like that for weeks now.Sometimes it's better booting it especially when winning.

Yer 1st goal was excellent but oor keeper might have been caught oot of his line,to which many keepers seem to do nowadays, wander when ball not near them.

We played 2 up front one defo a great signing, 2 goals in 2 games but if the other is a striker I'm getting my boots back oot the cupboard especially when we had pacey players on the bench.

Haven't seen spartans yet this season but personally think EK and Shire will be too strong for ye to win the league but ye never know. 

As for us there's certainly a big gap between us and a top 4 or 5 finish, that's for sure based on what I've seen so far,though I was well impressed wi the young lad from cowdenbeath yesterday. 

We desperately need a few easy Scottish draws to get some much needed funding in to even compete at this level. 

All the best for the rest of the season. 

Welfare v Vale

Newcy same story again giving goals away  ?

• 3 weeks later...

Not much written on this thread for a while.  The new derby game today, now that Threave have found there level, Star had a good week so far on a bit of a run.  Hopefully should be able to finally give managerless Gretna a good turning over, usually quite tight games between the pair. Good weather forecast, hopefully a good turn out with Queens not playing to tomorrow, mind you, you never know who is going to turn up for the Star until matchday. 

10 hours ago, Sermani said:

Not much written on this thread for a while.  The new derby game today, now that Threave have found there level, Star had a good week so far on a bit of a run.  Hopefully should be able to finally give managerless Gretna a good turning over, usually quite tight games between the pair. Good weather forecast, hopefully a good turn out with Queens not playing to tomorrow, mind you, you never know who is going to turn up for the Star until matchday. 

Even with all our ex players you still couldn't beat us lol.

2 hours ago, sureiknow said:

Even with all our ex players you still couldn't beat us lol.

Replacing them with full-time U20 loanees from Queens probably helps your cause.  GretnaFC2008 deserved to win today, the Star didn't turn up. not even in the last 10 minutes like last week .No complaints. Good day for the Village People, England won as well.  Any news on your search for a new manager yet?

19 hours ago, Sermani said:

Replacing them with full-time U20 loanees from Queens probably helps your cause.  GretnaFC2008 deserved to win today, the Star didn't turn up. not even in the last 10 minutes like last week .No complaints. Good day for the Village People, England won as well.  Any news on your search for a new manager yet?

Not sure what the England jibe is about, unfortunately i had to sit through that shambolic Hampden performance too.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Big night for the Star tonight. First full 90 minutes under the floodlights at Islecroft and Star needing the points to hopefully get a top 4 finish. Nice wee treck down for the Whitehill boys. Whitehill will not be used to playing under floodlights. Been nice weather down here the last few days the pitch is looking great, so hopefully a decent crowd will turn out. Just hope its a good entertaining game.