The Dalbeattie star Thread

Match of the Day

10 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Thanks Ross I've adjusted my post,i got wrong player sent off ha. 

Connor is one of our better players,an old fashioned Billy Bremner type battling midfielder who plays wi a bit passion.  

......and thinks he's his UFC counterpart 

2 hours ago, Match of the Day said:

Thanks very much N.B. & Ross for the info. Would of took a point before kick off, just hope we can keep the good start going.

I'm nae expert bud but we played wi 3 at the back yesterday which was alarming.  We try to play football from the back but we gave ye a goal from doing just that yesterday. We've lost goals like that for weeks now.Sometimes it's better booting it especially when winning.

Yer 1st goal was excellent but oor keeper might have been caught oot of his line,to which many keepers seem to do nowadays, wander when ball not near them.

We played 2 up front one defo a great signing, 2 goals in 2 games but if the other is a striker I'm getting my boots back oot the cupboard especially when we had pacey players on the bench.

Haven't seen spartans yet this season but personally think EK and Shire will be too strong for ye to win the league but ye never know. 

As for us there's certainly a big gap between us and a top 4 or 5 finish, that's for sure based on what I've seen so far,though I was well impressed wi the young lad from cowdenbeath yesterday. 

We desperately need a few easy Scottish draws to get some much needed funding in to even compete at this level. 

All the best for the rest of the season. 

Like yourself we are looking for a favourable Scottish Cup draw after visiting the Highlands in the last couple of years. Always enjoy our visits to Rosewell, win, lose or draw and sorry to have missed seeing your programme editor again - what's he like with that Liverpool.

5 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I'm nae expert bud but we played wi 3 at the back yesterday which was alarming.  We try to play football from the back but we gave ye a goal from doing just that yesterday. We've lost goals like that for weeks now.Sometimes it's better booting it especially when winning.

Yer 1st goal was excellent but oor keeper might have been caught oot of his line,to which many keepers seem to do nowadays, wander when ball not near them.

We played 2 up front one defo a great signing, 2 goals in 2 games but if the other is a striker I'm getting my boots back oot the cupboard especially when we had pacey players on the bench.

Haven't seen spartans yet this season but personally think EK and Shire will be too strong for ye to win the league but ye never know. 

As for us there's certainly a big gap between us and a top 4 or 5 finish, that's for sure based on what I've seen so far,though I was well impressed wi the young lad from cowdenbeath yesterday. 

We desperately need a few easy Scottish draws to get some much needed funding in to even compete at this level. 

All the best for the rest of the season. 

Fair points Newcy by now you should be seeing signs of a settled team ?

but 1 of the best left backs in the league left on the bench and 1 of the best centre forwards in the league at under 20s last season gets 10 mins ?

22 hours ago, paleface said:

Fair points Newcy by now you should be seeing signs of a settled team ?

but 1 of the best left backs in the league left on the bench and 1 of the best centre forwards in the league at under 20s last season gets 10 mins ?

It's a squad game. 

1 minute ago, paleface said:

Neither Brydon or Keane will be there on Saturday ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

There's a few missing on Saturday paleface,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

3 points tonight is all you could really ask for.

The squad is on the bones of its arse ;)

7 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

There's a few missing on Saturday paleface,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

3 points tonight is all you could really ask for.

The squad is on the bones of its arse ;)

7 out injured / unavailable last night? 

Great to get the win - really impressed with the new young left wing back. 

So how do you see the game tomorrow going against Stirling uni. I think we should win it if we play to our potential. Looking for a good performance & a couple of goals. I see big dean Fife has left, I heard it was because he wasn't getting a lot of game time but he was getting on off the bench most games. We need to try and keep a decent bench but hard to please players if there not starting regular. 3-1 to the star tomorrow fingers crossed

12 hours ago, Match of the Day said:

So how do you see the game tomorrow going against Stirling uni. I think we should win it if we play to our potential. Looking for a good performance & a couple of goals. I see big dean Fife has left, I heard it was because he wasn't getting a lot of game time but he was getting on off the bench most games. We need to try and keep a decent bench but hard to please players if there not starting regular. 3-1 to the star tomorrow fingers crossed

Are the students back yet  ? 

They've had a slow start to the season but usually finish it firing all cylinders ? 

Decent game at Dalbeattie on Saturday. Stirling Uni had the better of the first half, but The Star came out fighting in the second, both teams had good chances, , Star missing a couple of sitters. Am sure Stirling were very happy to go away with the three points.

Good to see Dalbeattie have started work on getting floodlights put in.