The Dalbeattie star Thread

Match of the Day

6 minutes ago, Match of the Day said:

I thought I would start a thread for all things star, as I couldn't find one here. So star fans how do you think the season is going so far. How do you think we will get on against BSC on Saturday, I'm going for a 3-1 win with young Tommy to continue his good run of goals.

Dont think many Star fans on here, I think the last one was yer manager at the time but I won't mention his name :D

Good to see an input from yourself though :)

How has yer season started ? 

Do you think the pre season predictions were true that you'll be up there challenging ? 

Edited by newcastle broon

We have started not to bad with a W,L,D, so 4 points on the board. The game we lost was to E.K. at K park we could of took a point if we took our chances, that was the difference they took there's & we didn't . First home game on Saturday hopefully we get 3 points. One thing in this league there are no easy games. If we can stay in the top 4 it wil be a good season.

21 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Dont think many Star fans on here, I think the last one was yer manager at the time but I won't mention his name :D

Good to see an input from yourself though :)

How has yer season started ? 

Do you think the pre season predictions were true that you'll be up there challenging ? 

Aye dont mention his name, cause it wasnt the manager!!! :)

23 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Bit suspicious straight in wi 2 feet dal :D

Remind me again which team ye were associated wi last season, don't think it was the Star ;):P

nah it was the whitehill maulers!!! 

Full marks to both teams for a cracking match today (Star 3 BSC 2). Chances galore at both ends and some excellent football played. The only game played on grass in the South of Scotland and the pitch held up superbly. BSC played really well but Star thoroughly deserved their win.

6 hours ago, Ross O'Neri said:

Full marks to both teams for a cracking match today (Star 3 BSC 2). Chances galore at both ends and some excellent football played. The only game played on grass in the South of Scotland and the pitch held up superbly. BSC played really well but Star thoroughly deserved their win.

Aye good result but geography isnae my strongest point but I'm sure Gretna is in the south  and even has a grass pitch that held up superbly to yesterday's weather as well ???? 

46 minutes ago, Ross O'Neri said:

True - should have been more specific as I was meaning teams in Southern Counties whereas Gretna is an East side. Will try to be clearer in future.

Yer teams playing well and getting results Ross,that's the most important point. 

That's twice you referred to Saturday coming as the first home game of the season.

Have I missed something or have you already forgotten beating Cumbernauld 2-0 a fortnight ago?

What I ment was it was my first home game as I missed the colts game. Great game on Saturday both teams played well got the ball down and played football, a good advert for the lowland league. To be fair most teams if not all try to get the ball down n play the game the right way. Just hope we can keep the great start going, well done lads keep it up

Missed the game today against w.w. How did we play & who got the goals? Was there any stand out performers. Heard we were missing three big players in mcHarrie,Wells & big Anderson but we now have a bigger & better squad to cope with ,so the players coming in are of good quality & do a good job. You need a decent size squad to compete at this level but hard to find good players that will sit on the bench most weeks. Well done anyway lads a point is better than none, keeps us in the hunt!

1 hour ago, Match of the Day said:

Missed the game today against w.w. How did we play & who got the goals? Was there any stand out performers. Heard we were missing three big players in mcHarrie,Wells & big Anderson but we now have a bigger & better squad to cope with ,so the players coming in are of good quality & do a good job. You need a decent size squad to compete at this level but hard to find good players that will sit on the bench most weeks. Well done anyway lads a point is better than none, keeps us in the hunt!

Ye battled for a good point bud. Wi my ww specs on ye had 3 shots at goal and scored from 2 o them. The other was a deflected free kick which looped onto the bar. Yer no.9 Muir scored a delightful lob from aboot 25 yards oot just after half time though if he tried it 9 times oot 10 I'd state he wouldn't do it again. Not sure if or keeper was maybe too far of his line though. Good goal. 

Ferguson got sent off for 2 bookings.

Yer 2nd I'd say was a mistake from our defence,we try too play too much fitba at times and got caught in possession ,sometimes basic fitba clear yer lines is what's needed.yer substitute, mason didn't half rocket it past our keeper though, another well taken goal.

As for us we are leaking goals left right and centre playing 3 at the back.it's well known we need scorers but the goals conceded by us in the 1st few weeks of the season is a bigger concern imo.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. 

Good point for Star. As stated we had a number of players missing from last week and with James Baty withdrawing before kick off, it meant we had just two subs on the bench. Whitehill started well and deserved lead and we slowly got into the match. Terrific goal from Tommy Muir at start of second half got us level but Craig Fergusson received two yellow cards, the second very soft, and off he went. Ref probably making up for the fact he didn't send off Dunga who had two dodgy fouls after being booked. We kept plugging away though without threatening the home goal and late on big Ally Mason fired in a great equaliser. Niggly match and not easy one for the referee but I don't know what it is about WW number 6 who was always getting involved with off the ball incidents and then refused to shake hands with some of the Star players at the end. Would have taken a point before the match so no complaints, against a side greatly improved from last season.

18 minutes ago, Ross O'Neri said:

Good point for Star. As stated we had a number of players missing from last week and with James Baty withdrawing before kick off, it meant we had just two subs on the bench. Whitehill started well and deserved lead and we slowly got into the match. Terrific goal from Tommy Muir at start of second half got us level but Craig Fergusson received two yellow cards, the second very soft, and off he went. Ref probably making up for the fact he didn't send off Dunga who had two dodgy fouls after being booked. We kept plugging away though without threatening the home goal and late on big Ally Mason fired in a great equaliser. Niggly match and not easy one for the referee but I don't know what it is about WW number 6 who was always getting involved with off the ball incidents and then refused to shake hands with some of the Star players at the end. Would have taken a point before the match so no complaints, against a side greatly improved from last season.

Thanks Ross I've adjusted my post,i got wrong player sent off ha. 

Connor is one of our better players,an old fashioned Billy Bremner type battling midfielder who plays wi a bit passion.