Hurlford Utd news 2016/17

The'FORD

The best I've seen from us all season and mixed it up a bit with balls played long to Anson and Mc Robbie then midfield supporting them playing in Hurlfords half, and also playing from the back through the middle to the forwards creating plenty of chances and scoring the goals. All the more impressive when you consider Lundie was rested and Hunter missing through suspension.

Burns MOM for me but every player in the running for it. Have to mention Johnston as well two cracking saves at a time in the game when it was tight.

ATN

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ex-german exile said:

Aye, the wee guy that everybody hates, but would love to sign!

Yea that will be the same wee guy that jumped ship at Glens wi his dirty rotten manager but is now begging back to the super Afton coz he now realises he was at the best team before following the money along wi certain others.  Well wee man, you might be a gid wee player wi right bite and Drive but our wee club and squad doesn't need someone like him!  The togetherness and true friendship and closeness running right thro the full squad, the gaffers, the committee and right to the true genuine fans that follow week in week out is second to none and Iv seen and experienced nothing like it even in my own playing days.

The best I've seen from us all season and mixed it up a bit with balls played long to Anson and Mc Robbie then midfield supporting them playing in Hurlfords half, and also playing from the back through the middle to the forwards creating plenty of chances and scoring the goals. All the more impressive when you consider Lundie was rested and Hunter missing through suspension.

Burns MOM for me but every player in the running for it. Have to mention Johnston as well two cracking saves at a time in the game when it was tight.

ATN

There are games where you just have to put your hand up and concede that we were outplayed and outpaced in all areas of the park as we were on Saturday. The score line in no way flattered Cumnock and the biggest surprise was that your keeper had 2 saves to make. The biggest surprise was that it was the same starting line up as in the previous two games and that we at least looked like a team that was competing for every ball in those games. Lundie was rested for Cumnock as he is one booking away from a suspension and may well find it hard to get back into the team although the back line was rarely troubled.
No excuses from me about players missing etc and hopefully we can get the heads lifted for our last 2 league games and still have a say in where the title ends up.

C'mon The'FORD

6 hours ago, AftonArmy1994 said:

Yea that will be the same wee guy that jumped ship at Glens wi his dirty rotten manager but is now begging back to the super Afton coz he now realises he was at the best team before following the money along wi certain others.  Well wee man, you might be a gid wee player wi right bite and Drive but our wee club and squad doesn't need someone like him!  The togetherness and true friendship and closeness running right thro the full squad, the gaffers, the committee and right to the true genuine fans that follow week in week out is second to none and Iv seen and experienced nothing like it even in my own playing days.

is that the dirty rotten manager that beat you lot in the last scottish cup final you were in?;)

58 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

From what I heard the Talbot Facebook page was full of happy (no pun intended) posts when they signed Taz last season, then they discovered it was Taz from Pollok. LOL!

And the Hurlford taz was absaloutly gutted.

The way he left the park in last year's title decider said a lot of the player.Check the footage.even the Hurlford fans were embarest for him.

I for one wouldn't be happy to see the guy in black and gold.

:)

4 hours ago, skinnymalinkylonglegs said:

is that the dirty rotten manager that beat you lot in the last scottish cup final you were in?;)

You just concern yourself with your own teams mediocre season.  And let the title challengers and Scottish cup finalists get on with their season.  And if you are happy with your teams effort this season it says a lot about the levels of expectation around Toonheed Park really more than anything - humped out cup earlier doors, and only just find yourselves safe in league :thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

but having said that at least you know your level :whistle these Hurlford yins still think they are something - never have been and never will be!  You canny buy what my teams got :P and you won't ever buy our very own magician and his trusty assistant to try and be something like you's have tried before.

16 hours ago, AftonArmy1994 said:

You just concern yourself with your own teams mediocre season.  And let the title challengers and Scottish cup finalists get on with their season.  And if you are happy with your teams effort this season it says a lot about the levels of expectation around Toonheed Park really more than anything - humped out cup earlier doors, and only just find yourselves safe in league :thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

but having said that at least you know your level :whistle these Hurlford yins still think they are something - never have been and never will be!  You canny buy what my teams got :P and you won't ever buy our very own magician and his trusty assistant to try and be something like you's have tried before.

you need to let the henderson thing drop mate,he moved on for what reason only he will know.as for my team,i will support them through thick and thin,all thick just now but i will be there no matter what,so good luck in the final,;)

15 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

Challenging for the league and in the Junior Cup final, but still raging emoji35.png

Who is raging?

i think you will find new cumnock hasn't stopped partying since Saturday and just wait til after final, we will party hard again.  Just like we out partied you mob in 2013.  We as a whole community are behind the club and the team, we are super proud of them having reached the final and we will go all out to win it and bring that trophy back to NC 24 year after our previous win.  But if it doesn't go to plan we will still celebrate as we are proud of our team, our management, our committee and as fans we will let them know we appreciate the efforts they have put in given we were written off at every turn.

Archived