Hurlford Utd news 2016/17

The'FORD

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know the ins and outs but remember being down there a couple of seasons and an Arthurlie game got called off late, there was a drain just outside the ground with water gushing out of it, seemed to me that was the issue in that the park couldnt drain so the water was being pushed back in, no idea whos responsibility that would be, club, council? Arthurlie had a similar issue couple of years back and they got someone in to clear the drains outside the ground to allow water to flow out and its made a massive difference.

11 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

I dont know the ins and outs but remember being down there a couple of seasons and an Arthurlie game got called off late, there was a drain just outside the ground with water gushing out of it, seemed to me that was the issue in that the park couldnt drain so the water was being pushed back in, no idea whos responsibility that would be, club, council? Arthurlie had a similar issue couple of years back and they got someone in to clear the drains outside the ground to allow water to flow out and its made a massive difference.

This winter has been drier than normal but for some unknown reason the grass pitches seem to be holding a lot more water. Senior teams have the same problem with many of them needing re turfed. 

No but we know how to spell know!!

For someone as supposedly well educated as yourself and fishing for a reaction are you a master baiter or just the masturbator you're coming across as? Or both? (that goes for [emoji106]???? as well)!

3 hours ago, minesalager said:

Be good if all these great groundsmen could help out

Instead of just talking manure

Get the Mitchell brothers up with their tractors and spread the Midden with manure thats all its good for.

23 hours ago, HUVNAE A SCOOBY said:

Remember all the razzmatazz about all the work they were going to be doing to the pitch a couple of seasons ago when the actually done fek all too it

A joke of a club, same pish every season aff them

I'm not a Hurlford supporter but have spoken to people involved at the club, money has been spent on the pitch drainage but one of the main problems lies in the road outside that Hurlford have no control over, if any water it backs up and goes into the ground, no football club can be responsible for drains outside the ground, perhaps some of the supporters to engage with committee and contact east Ayrshire council and have them repair the drains involved, the work that was done inside was ruined when sand was put on pitch and blocked up drainage that had been installed

Archived