Hurlford Utd news 2016/17

The'FORD

2 hours ago, superpollok said:

Calling it that early doesn't sound good. Assume the pitch isn't in a good way or has the weather in Kilmarnock been pretty bad?

The weather hasn't been that been that bad the amateur parks will be ok so Blair park must still have drainage issues.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Calling it that early doesn't sound good. Assume the pitch isn't in a good way or has the weather in Kilmarnock been pretty bad?

Nearly every game in the west was cancelled last Saturday and its rained here at some point every day since. The forecast is for rain from the early hours throughout the day., but maybe we should wait and let the match ref inspect at 1pm.

Nearly every game in the west was cancelled last Saturday and its rained here at some point every day since. The forecast is for rain from the early hours throughout the day., but maybe we should wait and let the match ref inspect at 1pm.

Asked a genuine question about the weather in Kilmarnock as it hasn't been that bad in Glasgow and get an arsey response?

The reason I made comment on the time was if there was any chance of the game being played I would imagine work would be done on the park in morning for a few hours and then inspection around 10 to see if it was playable, but calling it that early I assumed Hurlford feel it's a lost cause.

Asked a genuine question about the weather in Kilmarnock as it hasn't been that bad in Glasgow and get an arsey response?

The reason I made comment on the time was if there was any chance of the game being played I would imagine work would be done on the park in morning for a few hours and then inspection around 10 to see if it was playable, but calling it that early I assumed Hurlford feel it's a lost cause.

You got three answers. Two of us think the weather has been poor and ubdizzy thinks it hasn't. Pretty much par for the course on p and b. I assume the reason for the early inspection is so that work can be done if there is any chance of getting the match on, but I don't know that for sure.

It won't be the first time that Ford have inspected early and declared the game on with a bit of work, only for the match ref to call it off later in the day.

As for the weather, rain in Kilmarnock overnight hasn't been particularly heavy so I'm hopeful that the game will be on.

Thorniewood arranged an inspection for 10.15 this morning and our bus leaves at 11
And I thought it had be inspected no later than 10

LOL.
Be surprised if it's on given how many Glasgow games are already off. Out of interest would Rec Park have been playable today?

Archived