Hurlford Utd news 2016/17

The'FORD

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Are the Mitchell brothers playing much? Rumours down here that they may be on the move to Wigtown and Bladnoch as looking for a team closer to home.

They never really got over Peggy dying havny kicked a ball since.

Mr. Gemmell is not allowed to play on Saturday. Part of the transfer agreement.

I heard that the arthurlie manager had said he wouldn't select him for the match. Nothing written in the actual transfer agreement as far as I'm aware. Although I get my info second hand so I could be wrong.

Arthurlie probably aware that such a debut might be a bit much for big Js temperament. And of course all further suspensions this season will be automatically doubled as he has seen red three tines.

Seemingly Hurlford requested that Gemmell doesn't take part in this game.  Some Arthurlie fans not very happy at this and feel we should not be dictated to in this way.  The word is a weeks wage was taken off the transfer fee to cement the arrangement.  A strange one in my opinion.  

Seemingly Hurlford requested that Gemmell doesn't take part in this game.  Some Arthurlie fans not very happy at this and feel we should not be dictated to in this way.  The word is a weeks wage was taken off the transfer fee to cement the arrangement.  A strange one in my opinion.

If you were dictated to, then you must be more desperate to sign him than we were top get rid of him which is pretty desperate.

Personally, I would rather he played as it would be interesting too see how it panned out. Regardless you have signed a good player if he can stay in control. If he's at the match on Saturday, I will wish him well. IMO Really nice bloke to chat to off the pitch BTW.

36 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Fair enough.

How's the pitch looking?
Is the match in any danger?

The pitch has been looking pretty good this season. I would reckon the only thing that could put it off would be an overnight freeze through Friday night.  

Archived