Talbot v Cumnock. Mon 15th Aug.

Larky55

Game of 2 halfs for me. Thought Talbot looked good the first half, could have scored 2/3. 2nd half we never tuned up and Cumnock knocked the ball about a bit better. A think we all agree on the ref, clearly wanted to be the centre of attention. Not a great game to watch tbh. On a side note how good did the pitch look, what a playing surface that is. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly a bad tackle in the game but the ref was handing out yellows like flyers for a strip club

Not much in 1st half apart from a well taken free kick and then 2nd half Cumnock had a lot of possession without really threatening, personally don't think we are good enough up front. Was a poor game if truth be told.

Both teams played some decent stuff. Mark Shankland blasting home a 25 yd free kick after 10mns at the 2nd attempt, his first effort was taken too quickly & hit tamely along the ground. His next go,flew high into the Cumnock net.
Scott Anson got his team a well deserved equaliser midway through the 2nd half when he latched onto a loose ball on the 6yd line & blasted a left footer high into the Talbot net.
MOM for me was Cumnock's no6, he had a tremendous game.
The poor old ref has been getting stick, but he gives what he sees. I thought he did ok.
Decent crowd, most Cumnock fans I've seen for a while making the trip.
Beechwood Park was looking magnificent.

Both teams played some decent stuff. Mark Shankland blasting home a 25 yd free kick after 10mns at the 2nd attempt, his first effort was taken too quickly & hit tamely along the ground. His next go,flew high into the Cumnock net.
Scott Anson got his team a well deserved equaliser midway through the 2nd half when he latched onto a loose ball on the 6yd line & blasted a left footer high into the Talbot net.
MOM for me was Cumnock's no6, he had a tremendous game.
The poor old ref has been getting stick, but he gives what he sees. I thought he did ok.
Decent crowd, most Cumnock fans I've seen for a while making the trip.
Beechwood Park was looking magnificent.

Larky the ref was poor buddy.

Larky the ref was poor buddy.

Agree with that, he was handing out bookings on the basis of the shouts from the crowd.

His ethos appeared to be that 'arrogance ' will allow him to control of the game. Players and supporters will over exaggerate a foul or contact to gain an advantage but ffs they need to call it as it is. Heard someone he was being assessed last night.

Agree with that, he was handing out bookings on the basis of the shouts from the crowd.

His ethos appeared to be that 'arrogance ' will allow him to control of the game. Players and supporters will over exaggerate a foul or contact to gain an advantage but ffs they need to call it as it is. Heard someone he was being assessed last night.

If he was being assessed then I can only assume that was the reason for his behaviour.

1 hour ago, Talbot Bing said:

Where you two chuckle brothers at the game?

How many mistakes did both sets of players make in comparison to the Ref? 

I bet they made more mistakes in terms of misplaced passes  , playing constant hoof baw and making badly mistimed tackles which would have contributed in it being far from a classic according to opinion on here.  

But hey ho Lets forget about all that and lay the whole blame on the ref :huh: 

I bet they made more mistakes in terms of misplaced passes  , playing constant hoof baw and making badly mistimed tackles which would have contributed in it being far from a classic according to opinion on here.  

You going to answer the question first?

Where has anybody who was at the game laid the whole blame on the ref?????

As has been said by most on here, it wasn't a great game , but, a large part of that is at the refs door, without doubt.
I totally respect Larky's opinion , but , in this case he is in a very small minority and he is entitled to his opinion, having been there and seen the game first hand
You my friend , were not and therefore your "opinion" I won't even consider

I would bet that you have said similar things when unhappy with refereeing decisions in the Garnock valley Derby

I think that if you have a majority who thought ref was Bad, you have to accept it, unless you voted Yes in one of the recent referendums, then you can ask for a recount or let's vote again

Although the game was far from being a classic. I thought it provided enough talking points for discussion. That was the main reason for me opening the thread.
1- The quality of Mark Shanklands free kick. 25 yds out, right foot belter into the top corner. Every Talbot fan in the ground knew exactly where the ball was going. ( Should he have been allowed another go after trying to put the ball in the net before the ref gave the go ahead.)

2- Scott Anson, the lad has taken lots of abuse on here about his move to Cumnock. Last night he was excellent. Scored a very good equaliser.

3- The battle in midfield between Steven White, & Del Espilin, makes the remaining fixtures between these clubs,unmissable for me this season.

4- Was big Andy impeded in the messy threesome leading up to the visitors equaliser.

5- Cumnock no 10 having the bottle to wear a headband, on the ground of the fiercest rivals he is likely to face this season.

6-High class food on sale, had a nice Cheeseburger with Onions,on a very tasty Bun.

7- Poor ref he's been Crucified on here. But he was never more than 10yds away from the action, he gave his decision then started the game. I honestly could not contradict any of his decisions.
I don't like being overcritical of the Match Officials.

Although the game was far from being a classic. I thought it provided enough talking points for discussion. That was the main reason for me opening the thread.
1- The quality of Mark Shanklands free kick. 25 yds out, right foot belter into the top corner. Every Talbot fan in the ground knew exactly where the ball was going. ( Should he have been allowed another go after trying to put the ball in the net before the ref gave the go ahead.)

2- Scott Anson, the lad has taken lots of abuse on here about his move to Cumnock. Last night he was excellent. Scored a very good equaliser.

3- The battle in midfield between Steven White, & Del Espilin, makes the remaining fixtures between these clubs,unmissable for me this season.

4- Was big Andy impeded in the messy threesome leading up to the visitors equaliser.

5- Cumnock no 10 having the bottle to wear a headband, on the ground of the fiercest rivals he is likely to face this season.

6-High class food on sale, had a nice Cheeseburger with Onions,on a very tasty Bun.

7- Poor ref he's been Crucified on here. But he was never more than 10yds away from the action, he gave his decision then started the game. I honestly could not contradict any of his decisions.
I don't like being overcritical of the Match Officials.

Fair enough mate. I felt he didn't let the game flow. There was more than one occasions where either side had advantage and he blew the whistle stopping play only to give the advantage to the team who already had it. [emoji36][emoji36]

54 minutes ago, Bul2 said:

Where has anybody who was at the game laid the whole blame on the ref?????

As has been said by most on here, it wasn't a great game , but, a large part of that is at the refs door, without doubt.
I totally respect Larky's opinion , but , in this case he is in a very small minority and he is entitled to his opinion, having been there and seen the game first hand
You my friend , were not and therefore your "opinion" I won't even consider

I would bet that you have said similar things when unhappy with refereeing decisions in the Garnock valley Derby

I think that if you have a majority who thought ref was Bad, you have to accept it, unless you voted Yes in one of the recent referendums, then you can ask for a recount or let's vote again

So you need to attend every single  junior game for your opinion to be considered on here ? :) 

Archived