Marymass Derby - 19/08/16

IrvineVicsMan

It is rather amusing / ironic that the holier than thou Medda fans who had plenty to say about Cumnock/Talbot Derby games have a part in what is a real disgrace

Ooh dear ooh dear....... How long till this shame game is banished of the calendar ( or other such pish that Nock/Bot fans had to listen to from those who would be King and never quite made it .... Despite spending an absolute fortune trying

there will definitely be a police presence at the next few games but for the life of me, I can't remember ever seeing any trouble at the Derby apart from last night not do I ever want to see it again. The Nock v Bot games consistently brought trouble and both clubs have taken great strides in eradicating it but there really is isn't any 'hatred' between Meadow and Vics fans to speak of.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fucking hole Irvine is.  Saw a video of a guy coming on to the park to spit on a player. 

Was this not the same venue as the infamous shite? 

Talbot fans are on Facebook still trying to claim they're tougher than Meadow fans[emoji38]apparently two of their 'boys' ran the OAP Meadow fans out of the stand years ago. Proud day.

I can't claim Talbot fans are saints and angels but don't try and deflect this matter.

This incident reminds me of the OAP Me££a Committee member who tried to assault a referee at a Scottish Cup game a couple of years ago when me££a where taken apart by us.

The thought of that wee guy full of hate and anger towards the official was disgraceful and I will always associate you lot now as sore losers.

Probably need to get your own house in order medda before you diss other teams.

The committee member didn't assault him. He was unhappy with his performance and confronted him. That's it

I didn't say he did so please read again. He attempted to before he was blocked and pulled back.

So let's not try bring up any Talbot/Cumnock bias mudslinging and distraction when it's surely the responsibility of Irvine Me££a and Vics to sort your own matter out.

Not got a clue what this infamous shite thing is,and I think i must have been at a different game last night,i was sure Vernon ran in and shot at goal and never rounded the keeper ? Not sure if vics keeper got a touch though.Vernon still guilty of bad sportsmanship in my opinion though.Remember it happening to us a few years back in the Scottish against Peasy,not a nice feeling.

It was you lot that mentioned Talbot and Cumnock.

Yup apologies Stuart you are correct, I jumped the gun with that. Annoyed that we were being brought into an unrelated matter.

So ok lets stick to the issue that is on display at the minute.

Tbh this game wouldn't have had much of the publicity if it hadn't been put to the media about alcohol introduction.

Stupid idea from the start and whoever thought it up should never be given any n future responsibility apart from making tea.

there will definitely be a police presence at the next few games but for the life of me, I can't remember ever seeing any trouble at the Derby apart from last night not do I ever want to see it again. The Nock v Bot games consistently brought trouble and both clubs have taken great strides in eradicating it but there really is isn't any 'hatred' between Meadow and Vics fans to speak of.

Your comments are typical of many who like to comment on the "Talbot Cumnock" thing, when nobody outside of both lots of fans have any idea what it is really like

The difference between the various incidents highlighted on here are that, in the main, the incidents with Medda involved older people who should know better where any incidents in Nock v Bot games, in recent years in particular, are down to mindless young idiots who are not real fans, which I am sure all clubs have a small ( or not so small) problem with

I have been at many local derbies and have spent a part of the game with my good friends in the "Talbot" end at some point

Don't base your opinions on what you read in papers...... I give you the Sun ( sorry Scum)..... I rest my case

I can't claim Talbot fans are saints and angels but don't try and deflect this matter.

This incident reminds me of the OAP Me££a Committee member who tried to assault a referee at a Scottish Cup game a couple of years ago when me££a where taken apart by us.

The thought of that wee guy full of hate and anger towards the official was disgraceful and I will always associate you lot now as sore losers.

Probably need to get your own house in order medda before you diss other teams.

I remember one of their players tried to square go a KRR fan at Adamslie a few seasons back.

Seem an angry bunch

28 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

I remember one of their players tried to square go a KRR fan at Adamslie a few seasons back.

Seem an angry bunch

I think by the time a player found a KRR supporter to square go, the heat would have been taken out of the situation>

I wasn't at the game but I think the lesson here is that this can happen to any of our clubs on occasion.
It's happened at Glens, Talbot, Cumnock, Buffs, Beith, Kilbirine etc in the past with crowd trouble.
Isolated incidents which can affect every club.
Lessons to be learned include a police presence at future matches between the two, particularly the annual Friday game.
Stewards on duty and no alcohol imo for the next few fixtures.
I didn't envisage any trouble last night to be honest but having been indirectly involved with the Marymass festival through work for the last 12 years I dread the whole event due to the issues I have to deal with in the aftermath.
Saying that since the public drinking ban was imposed a few years ago this has reduced the trouble.
Hope this can be sorted out quickly and both teams work together, then we can get back to talking about the football [emoji106]

Archived