Marymass Derby - 19/08/16

IrvineVicsMan

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calling the guy a low life for apparently cheating in a glorified friendly is a ridiculous statement.

Why this topic is even still going on 3 weeks after the incident of beyond me. I usually try to hold back from confrontation on this site but what an absolutely ridiculous overreaction for such a minor incident.

The real talking points of this match have been dealt with. The scumbag that spat on Kevin Adam while he was celebrating with the meadow fans (for whatever reason) has been dealt with by the club and the police and that's the end of it. Marymass Derbies probably won't be the same again after this c***s actions but nothing we can do about that.

Turner and Wardrope obviously won't condemn Vernons actions because they've no reason to disbelieve his side of the story, there is no proof.

And finally, I don't care if that (or this) is this worst post in P&B history because I'm not here to entertain anyone. There's a valid reason certain senior fan posters take the piss out of this forum and a reason I don't post as much, it's an absolute horrorshow of a forum. Full of shite patter, petty arguments and childish insults. Pathetic

A local derby braggin rights at stake a game of football that ment absolutely nothing so Stuart did you celebrate Vermins goal

Not really to be honest. I'm one of the few that genuinely doesn't care about the Marymass game. I would've cared more if we had a chance of qualifying for the quarters

17 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Calling the guy a low life for apparently cheating in a glorified friendly is a ridiculous statement.

Why this topic is even still going on 3 weeks after the incident of beyond me. I usually try to hold back from confrontation on this site but what an absolutely ridiculous overreaction for such a minor incident.

The real talking points of this match have been dealt with. The scumbag that spat on Kevin Adam while he was celebrating with the meadow fans (for whatever reason) has been dealt with by the club and the police and that's the end of it. Marymass Derbies probably won't be the same again after this c***s actions but nothing we can do about that.

Turner and Wardrope obviously won't condemn Vernons actions because they've no reason to disbelieve his side of the story, there is no proof.

And finally, I don't care if that (or this) is this worst post in P&B history because I'm not here to entertain anyone. There's a valid reason certain senior fan posters take the piss out of this forum and a reason I don't post as much, it's an absolute horrorshow of a forum. Full of shite patter, petty arguments and childish insults. Pathetic

Apparently cheating ? EH ? 

End of debate :) 

Imagine Hertha commenting on anyone's credibility on an online forum when he has resorted to his usual tactic of calling everyone horrible, dishing out red dots, dictating when we should stop posting and punctuating with a wean's smiley. Somebody get him a wumman!

Imagine Hertha commenting on anyone's credibility on an online forum when he has resorted to his usual tactic of calling everyone horrible, dishing out red dots, dictating when we should stop posting and punctuating with a wean's smiley. Somebody get him a wumman!

Can't help himself lol. Deluded

Yea yea yea Stuart - cannot understand why it is still going after 3 weeks ---- let's look at the evidence
Vermin takes the ball and runs 25/30 yards and puts it into the net without a challenge being put in on him or the goalie trying to stop him.

It was an uncontested drop ball..... Normal procedure , you kick it back to the opposition goalie or out of play

What was his explanation to the coach ..... That I would like to hear !!

The amount of folk running on to the pitch etc obviously shows it was a "meaningless friendly " to everybody there

It was shocking and for you to try and defend it is even more so

I, like a lot of people on here of a Talbot/Nock persuasion , remember the absolute garbage that was on here after the infamous Horse of the Year show at Townhead Park a few seasons ago when it was all " disgrace to football" " ban them out the league" stuff

No defence for what happened in the Marrymas game, a game which has over the years been given pride of place in the League cup calendar , quite often at the inconvenience to others moving the fixture often causes, and Stuart you then say it is a meaningless fixture......... Fine, we will treat it like that and you will play it on a Saturday the same as everybody else and forget the Friday or Monday special treatment as it is a "meaningless friendly "

There's a difference between right and wrong in any walk of life,an that was wrong, come on? He clearly gestures with his arm to everyone that he's going to give it to the goalie so everyone stops the ball drops an he runs through unchallenged an scores, a don't what team anyone supports on here, that was wrong an common decency went out the window, a hate getting beat in any game (even a friendly)but I would b horrified if one of our players had done that, if he Vernon or the medda management had come out an said he's only a young player to the juniors, excitement got the better of him etc; people would mibby have said fair enough the occasion got to him (big crowd etc;)he'll Learn, but no,silence, a think it's a disgrace an disrespectful to there near neighbours, and it's indefensible.

In my eyes it's wrong aswell,tho I don't think it is cheating,and for the record a don't care about either team,tho to call him low life is a bit harsh from a previous poster,for the amount of folk that don't condone Vernon's actions a bet the majority condone maradonnas against england

17 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

It's not a glorified friendly, it's an Ardagh cup game that probably makes the home team a good amount of money from the several hundred fans who go to the game.

I dont think there has been an over reaction, I was at the game with my kids and they both asked me if your allowed to do what Vernon done. Turner, wardrope, and any other part of the Meadow coaching staff didn't need proof or to ask Vernon his side of the story. Theyve been involved in football for a long time and know what happens when 2 players are going to challenge for a drop ball. They would have got loads of praise if they had done the right thing and condemned Vernon's actions straight away by telling there players to let Vics score from the kick off. If they werent able to work out what happened then there knowledge of football cant be very good.

[quote post="10744801" timestamp="1473073330" name="Geo61"

. Oh and big bad bul2 is going to change the fixtures to a Saturday who he thinks he is is beyond me and probably every other right minded person on this thread

PS NEVER BEEN KNOWN TO PLAY THIS FIXTURE ON A MONDAY

What I meant to say about the Friday / Monday thing was that on a few instances, teams have had to move their Saturday game to a Monday to accommodate Vics/Medda if they were due to play one of them
Didn't mean the Marrymas game was played on A Monday

And I didn't say I would change the games to a Saturday, what I did say was the games should be on a Saturday the same as everyone else

Know all

• 1 month later...

Archived