Marymass Derby - 19/08/16

IrvineVicsMan

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

Just watched the game. Thought it was a hard fought encounter.

Fair play to the cameraman for giving the footage that authentic mid 90's look and well done to the players for looking the part ( beer bellies) included lol

Surely you noticed the arthurlie number 3 in the 4 nil cruise. He looked over age , over weight and well over the hill.

5 hours ago, Geo61 said:

Set the tone how could the management be blamed for setting the tone ?

If the medda management team had allowed the vics to even the game up then non of the afterwards would have happened, instead they did nothing so agreeing with the boy vermins actions so in my eyes just as much to blame as the boy himself. Will be interesting when the 2 meet in the league

Agree with ardeer boy . The management team should've evened the score but mr turner seems to be backing vernon up about his actions . Nothing personal against these guys just they seemed to be willing to get a " win at all costs " 

I've just watched the highlights on YouTube, ridiculous by the lad Vernon, it actually looks like he gestures with his hand to the vics players that he's putting the ball back to the keeper then does that, I dont care what anyone says, that is cheating an down right disgusting by the lad, a hope he's ashamed of himself, but looks at it, a very much doubt it, terrible!!!! [emoji34]

On 31 August 2016 at 21:06, catakoom said:

I dont think you can stoop any lower when you need to cheat to win the bloody Marymass cup
Desperate or what

100% agreed and a sad night for Irvine meadow , if I saw one of my teams players doing that then I would be headed out the ground in disgust no matter the occasion. 

4 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

A actually blame the meadow management team as much as Vernon hertha, it looks to b fair that 8 and 6(Turner?) are trying to say let them up the park from k.o and score? Obviously fell on deaf ears, bloody disgraceful!!

Agreed and for new managers they have no respect from anyone now in the juniors . Shame on them and it could come back to bite them if one of their players is down badly injured and the other team refuse to put the ball out for them in fear of being cheated again . Sad but true . 

Having watched the highlights that is shocking sportsmanship from Vernon, maybe he will no realise the implications of doing such a thing whilst playing for such a big club as the Medda.

Hang your head in shame son.

I was at the match that Friday,& couldn't believe what Vermin.....sorry,Vernon was doing.Then jumping & punching the air in celebration,as if he had scored a 25 yarder! I was standing with a 'Medda committee member,& even he said how bad sportsmanship & bad taste it was! Unfortunately,Vernon's actions will stay with him for the rest of his football career.Wouldn't blame any other club for not touching him in future!

11 minutes ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

I was at the match that Friday,& couldn't believe what Vermin.....sorry,Vernon was doing.Then jumping & punching the air in celebration,as if he had scored a 25 yarder! I was standing with a 'Medda committee member,& even he said how bad sportsmanship & bad taste it was! Unfortunately,Vernon's actions will stay with him for the rest of his football career.Wouldn't blame any other club for not touching him in future!

Well said but just watch you don't upset the Talbot boys in expressing your opinion :huh::) 

Low life? For f**k sake calm down it was a game of fitba that eventually meant absolutely nothing. Had it happened at the other end of the park I genuinely wouldn't have cared as neither result would have affected either club.

8 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Low life? For f**k sake calm down it was a game of fitba that eventually meant absolutely nothing. Had it happened at the other end of the park I genuinely wouldn't have cared as neither result would have affected either club.

Zero credibility and worst post in pie and bovril history and that's saying something .........

Archived