Marymass Derby - 19/08/16

IrvineVicsMan

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The committee member didn't assault him. He was unhappy with his performance and confronted him. That's it

A committee member ran onto the pitch to confront a ref in the centre circle at the end of the match. He was aggressive and blazing shouting at the ref, it was well out of order and I also associate meadow as sore losers, when you had all the cash with strain and McCall at the helm you were a nasty outfit. Strain also refused to applaud Talbot onto pitch 48 hours after one of our Scottish cup wins.

Explains what? Strain had an argument with a meadow fan. The Rob Roy fan is talking utter shite.

There seems to be a thread running through this where everybody else is talking "shite" and meadow players/ fans / commitee/ managers are all in the " IT Wisnae me, a big boy did it and ran away" Category

It is just a pity that when that doyen of newspaper reporting Graeme Speirs did his hatchet job on a Cumnock / Talbot game at Townhead and the fall out from the "Horse of the Year Show" game was reported, the same leeway wasn't shown to us

I don't believe half of what I read in any paper , so get real, this attitude that Medda didnae do it is a bit rich

Don't think that top picture does Greg Vernon any favours at all, looks like he's known exactly what he's been doing, poor sportsmanship of the highest degree!!!  He can try and dress it up which ever way he likes on Twitter!!!

3 hours ago, Seekfedup said:

I wasn't at the game but I think the lesson here is that this can happen to any of our clubs on occasion.
It's happened at Glens, Talbot, Cumnock, Buffs, Beith, Kilbirine etc in the past with crowd trouble.
Isolated incidents which can affect every club.
Lessons to be learned include a police presence at future matches between the two, particularly the annual Friday game.
Stewards on duty and no alcohol imo for the next few fixtures.
I didn't envisage any trouble last night to be honest but having been indirectly involved with the Marymass festival through work for the last 12 years I dread the whole event due to the issues I have to deal with in the aftermath.
Saying that since the public drinking ban was imposed a few years ago this has reduced the trouble.
Hope this can be sorted out quickly and both teams work together, then we can get back to talking about the football emoji106.png

Well said. Never been any trouble in recent history at all at Marymass game and a few daft once a year 'supporters' spoilt it for everyone. 

Re Vernon first goal, same thing happened against us in Junior Scottish Cup tie against Petershill. 

4 hours ago, CC1987 said:

Don't think that top picture does Greg Vernon any favours at all, looks like he's known exactly what he's been doing, poor sportsmanship of the highest degree!!!  He can try and dress it up which ever way he likes on Twitter!!!

Can't help but think the meadow manager has went about things entirely wrong here in blindly sticking up for his player . 

In future teams might not Risk kicking a ball out for an injured meadow player that's hurt outwith a headknock (which the ref stops anyway ) as they might not want to risk vernon or another meadow player doing the exact same thing again from any " drop ball situation " regardless of how it came about , who could blame opponents in not doing so and the meadow managers blind loyalty could prove detrimental to his players as they could be laid down on the pitch genuinely injured with opponents  correctly playing around them after last nights shameful act by vernon. 

Would have been better for vernon and his manager to have came out and apologised and that would have been more respectful, for a new manager Gareth turner has no respect from myself and loads of others after this. 

6 hours ago, Shannon said:

Well said. Never been any trouble in recent history at all at Marymass game and a few daft once a year 'supporters' spoilt it for everyone. 

Re Vernon first goal, same thing happened against us in Junior Scottish Cup tie against Petershill. 

No it didn't. Your player went down feigning injury (if I say it was Staunton I think most people will understand) and your keeper, instead of throwing it straight out the park tried to launch it as far upfield and out the park as he could. He failed and Kenny Hadden returned the ball from the halfway line into the net. Totally different scenario. 

2 hours ago, onemanwolfpack said:

No it didn't. Your player went down feigning injury (if I say it was Staunton I think most people will understand) and your keeper, instead of throwing it straight out the park tried to launch it as far upfield and out the park as he could. He failed and Kenny Hadden returned the ball from the halfway line into the net. Totally different scenario. 

Mark Staunton I perfectly understand . AMEN . :) 

13 hours ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Very simple solution to stop this. Stop the courtesy nonsense and contest everything.

Correct. It's also got out of hand with any player on the ground resulting in the ref stopping the game and an obligation for players to whack the ball out.

No law saying u need to pass the ball back although in the game it's an unwritten rule really. But none of us know what was said Greg has his version and the vics have there's unless u r standing right next to them then we don't know. The fact it was a big game and a derby may have added to it. Greg might seem like a p***k on the pitch but he's a great boy aff it

Maybe so but he has consolidated himself into being a target for the rest of his career. It's my opinion and belief that from now on every player who goes up against him will see him as "that guy" the one who doesn't believe in sportsmanship.

Archived