Marymass Derby - 19/08/16

IrvineVicsMan

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Anyone see the game? Vics Twitter calling Medda 'cheats'. Did they cheat?

Basically Meadow scored a goal from a bounce ball, the Meadow player ran through the Vics defence and scored while the Vics players thought he was going to pass it back. 

Or at least that's what I've been told.

50 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

No police at a derby game on a Friday night with a likely four figure crowd was always going to be a recipe for disaster. Crazy that it wasn't policed.

Suppose you need to take into account meadows position financially.  It's always going to be v difficult to police matches as its not cheap. 

I can only imagine the medda were looking to make some ££ as opposed to making some ££ then spending it right back out on police.

Basically Meadow scored a goal from a bounce ball, the Meadow player ran through the Vics defence and scored while the Vics players thought he was going to pass it back. 

Basically that's what happened. Vernon was the scorer

1 minute ago, Richie95 said:

Spoke to our subs when the game restarted, who claimed that the meadow player told them he was going to pass it back to keeper. The bounce ball was uncontested by the Vics players and he ran past them, rounded the keeper, who was off his line and rolled it in the net. Shocking stuff,ruined the game and changed the atmosphere in the park

T

Doesn't feel like a victory tonight. Embarrassed after our third goal and even more so from some folks reactions after the Vics equaliser.

I know a lot of meadow fans and a few Vics fans personally and they're all very decent folk but this game tonight really brought out the worst of this town.

7 goals, two sending offs. a Vics player spat on, a bit of poor sportsmanship by Vernon and most importantly on this showing, two teams that need to improve or they will be meeting in the league again next season.... in the ADL.

11 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Doesn't feel like a victory tonight. Embarrassed after our third goal and even more so from some folks reactions after the Vics equaliser.

I know a lot of meadow fans and a few Vics fans personally and they're all very decent folk but this game tonight really brought out the worst of this town.

Fair play to u mate , but if vernon did that surely ur management team should have let Irvine vics score straight from kick off ? 

Archived