Greenock Morton -vs- Dumbarton

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I honestly didn't notice where all this timewasting took place. Why would we waste time when it was 1-1?? :lol:

Mostly the goalkeeper taking about 30 seconds per goal kick. Ref should have added more for that but he just made some hand gestures repeatedly instead of talking to or booking him. Not that it mattered, I don't think I wanted to watch another minute of that match.

8 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Mostly the goalkeeper taking about 30 seconds per goal kick. Ref should have added more for that but he just made some hand gestures repeatedly instead of talking to or booking him. Not that it mattered, I don't think I wanted to watch another minute of that match.

Still didn't see it. Booking him for taking the ball to his natural side putting the ball down and kicking it at a normal rate... just because he wasn't in a hurry doesn't mean it was time wasting.

You also say, 'mostly' so where did anything else happen that we wasted time?

14 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Still didn't see it. Booking him for taking the ball to his natural side putting the ball down and kicking it at a normal rate... just because he wasn't in a hurry doesn't mean it was time wasting.

You also say, 'mostly' so where did anything else happen that we wasted time?

He went to the left side for every free kick and took his time - even pulling up both socks after stepping back before every run up. I don't blame him for doing this - Gaston was booked at the methadome for teeing up then throwing back the replacement ball after seeing the original in a ball boy's hands. I do blame the referee (who was pretty incompetent overall yesterday) for not doing anything about it.

8 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Anyway, good to see SonsTV has sorted out its sponsorship problem. Great stuff emoji4.png

To be fair, I don't think that the future of Sons TV was in any particular doubt. However, having spoken to David yesterday, he's pleased that the financial burden for running the excellent service he provides, will not just be borne by him. I'm delighted to sponsor what is, in my opinion, a very worthwhile and professional service for Sons fans worldwide.

1 minute ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

To be fair, I don't think that the future of Sons TV was in any particular doubt. However, having spoken to David yesterday, he's pleased that the financial burden for running the excellent service he provides, will not just be borne by him. I'm delighted to sponsor what is, in my opinion, a very worthwhile and professional service for Sons fans worldwide.

Seen the promo video today. Good to see proper fans getting involved in things at the club. Well done Wilf :)

Like I said we've no grounds to complain about it as literally every team does it, and we'd done it three games running when ahead against St. Mirren, Falkirk & Hamilton, but it quite clearly happened. Taking more than 30 seconds over every goal kick is obviously timewasting. Far from hurting us, it probably did us favour as you gave yourselves less time to go on to win the game as you deserved, which is why it's so confusing.

11 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Not like Morton fans to get wound up by something that wasn't actually happening :thumsup2

Not like bumpkins from Dumbarton to have selective vision either. You should just be enjoying the Famous gifting you a point. 

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Drivel. They both slid in in the exact same fashion for a 50/50 ball, if it was a red for Tidser it was a red for Gallagher. It wasn't though, because there was clearly no foul committed by either of them.

Anyway, taking a point from that was absolute robbery. Dumbarton's disallowed goal clearly had nothing wrong with it and they were better than us throughout the game: baffled why they timewasted so much when the game was there for the taking, although complaining about it is a bit of a brass neck when we've timewasted in a failed attempt to hold onto leads in our previous two games. Kilday and O'Ware were the only Morton players to emerge from the game with any credit. Kilday is a class act, it's said regularly but the transformation in him is incredible.

We desperately need Russell back to give us more of an attacking presence. As it stands everything goes through the middle and when a team successfully nullifies Tidser as Dumbarton did yesterday - tremendous performance from Gallagher -  we have little to offer. Tidser, Lindsay and Forbes all had poor games, particularly Forbes whose defensive contribution was utterly embarrassing. The main responsibility for that falls on Duffy though, insisting on sticking a central midfielder on the right in a flat 4-4-2. He needs to go 4-5-1 and sign some attacking players who aren't crap ringers.

Three games into the season, still no wins, Hibs away next week to more than likely make it four. If we don't get that win we badly need at Somerset in the fifth game it's hard to see anything but a relegation battle this season: 36 draws will put us in the bottom two.

Sound the @Sonsteam of 08 horn!

12 minutes ago, optimistic said:

There was absolutely no time wasting, I remember laughing at the jeers Alan Martin was getting, and quite a few of us were mystified why they thought he was, sour grapes from fans who expected to beat us, that's all

Couldn't agree more. 'The Famous' possibly aren't as great as they think they are. At half time you could see how wound up they all were. Seemed to me like they just couldn't deal with losing to a wee team like ours.

16 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Couldn't agree more. 'The Famous' possibly aren't as great as they think they are. At half time you could see how wound up they all were. Seemed to me like they just couldn't deal with losing to a wee team like ours.

Or maybe "the famous" is as much a supporters in-joke as our "Sons to win 2-0, Thomson hat-trick" is?

A bit of virtual fishing, if you like. A few in the net so far.

3 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Well done on sponsorship, thanks Wilf !  What a happy looking chap behind the counter 

30 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Or maybe "the famous" is as much a supporters in-joke as our "Sons to win 2-0, Thomson hat-trick" is?

A bit of virtual fishing, if you like. A few in the net so far.

As far as I could see his net was empty. But maybe that's my selective vision being used again.

Archived