QUEENS V Falkirk

Looking forward to Saturdays match already it can't come quick enough.

This should be a cracking game, hopefully Higgins, Hilson & Millar are back fit to bolster the squad.

Always enjoy a game against the Bairns as do a few of our team Lyle to bag his 100th goal that would be nice!

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

Seems like you chaps are red hot atm, we will need to play a lot better than Saturday if we want 3 points.

To be honest, we probably will have to do that too.

It was a great scoreline for us on Saturday, but despite some terrific moments, overall, it was a fairly stuttering performance against pretty dreadful opposition.  

This Saturday should be interesting.

34 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

To be honest, we probably will have to do that too.

It was a great scoreline for us on Saturday, but despite some terrific moments, overall, it was a fairly stuttering performance against pretty dreadful opposition.  

This Saturday should be interesting.

There's a lot of truth in this, but when you find yourself 3-0 up without having to have played all that well it's perfectly natural the players will go into cruise control.  We showed our ability to go up a gear by getting the fourth, when last season we would likely have conceded another leading to a nervy finish (not that we found ourselves 3-0 up very often).

This was without Higgins, Millar and Hilson as well who are important players in each position, and would all likely have started.

You're right that we will probably need to be more consistent across the 90 minutes to win this one.  But a performance like Saturday's should be enough for at least a draw I suspect.

Awww hell a QOS v Falkirk thread !!! Can't wait to start reading how Falkirk are a far bigger side with superior fan base and how their fancy carpet is better than ours [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yes we are bigger and yes our carpet is far better.

But at least you're not too bothered about it.

5 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

There's a lot of truth in this, but when you find yourself 3-0 up without having to have played all that well it's perfectly natural the players will go into cruise control.  We showed our ability to go up a gear by getting the fourth, when last season we would likely have conceded another leading to a nervy finish (not that we found ourselves 3-0 up very often).

This was without Higgins, Millar and Hilson as well who are important players in each position, and would all likely have started.

You're right that we will probably need to be more consistent across the 90 minutes to win this one.  But a performance like Saturday's should be enough for at least a draw I suspect.

I actually was referring more to the first half.  I thought we did look slightly edgy at 3-1 in the second, but as you say, we were able to respond and tie things up.

For some of the first half though, I thought we were fairly poor.  Until getting gifted a goal, there wasn't much in it and we were a tad fortunate that they had one disallowed.  It was during the first half, rather than the second that I felt we were reduced to launching it a fair bit.

I'm not going to pretend that it was a weak overall performance on Saturday, because it was far from that.  However, I do think it was made easier for us than it would have been by pretty much all the sides in the division, certainly Falkirk.

48 minutes ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

Awww hell a QOS v Falkirk thread !!! Can't wait to start reading how Falkirk are a far bigger side with superior fan base and how their fancy carpet is better than ours emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Can we not have the car crash thread this man is pining for?

Hopefully the poor wee lambs of Falkirk can get to grips with our dreadful surface. The best player in the league managed it on Saturday so let's just hope mid table jobbers like Lewis Kidd and co can handle it.

14 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Hopefully the poor wee lambs of Falkirk can get to grips with our dreadful surface. The best player in the league managed it on Saturday so let's just hope mid table jobbers like Lewis Kidd and co can handle it.

Must try harder

Looking forward to this one. Should be good with Dobbie playing in a rich vein of form and Lyle going for the century of goals. Kidd not getting a game for Falkirk I see. I wonder if he'll feature on Saturday?

Archived