The Stranger Dangers v Motherwell

Unfortunately I have to agree with the 'Well fan. How do you win leagues by scoring last minute winners against relegation fodder?....

The team are going to have to do much better than that to achieve anything this season.    

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was poor today, really poor, but will take the result, stolen sweeties and all that! We were terrible across the middle first half, our lack of tempo and zip going forward looks so easy to defend against. McKay, Rossiter and Halliday all ineffective and if Barton thinks he can get away with that sort of sloppy performance, he's in for a big shock against better teams than Motherwell. No disrespect to them btw, they came to do a job and almost deserved a point. Still not convinced by Kiernan & Wilson pairing but pluses perhaps for Tav, Wallace, Miller and MO'H when he came on. Kranjcar clearly makes a difference, but there's no way we are going to get a full season out of him. May seem a negative post after an exciting late win, but we're going to have to play far better than that.

13 hours ago, capt_oats said:

For all the chat of shitebag tactics we conceded the 2nd, for the 2nd week running, after taking off a midfielder and putting a striker on. If anything is biting us on the arse it seems to be that.

We aren't capable of defending a lead as we don't have the players, the savvy or arguably the fitness for it either and if your gameplan is to drop deeper and deeper as the game wears on then you are going to concede goals, especially with that blunderbus Samson between the sticks. 

I'm not interested in hard luck stories, or the usual patronising guff from folk about us being 'brave' that no doubt the Sunday papers will describe us being today, that was 'Rangers' in name only, they are not a side awash with full international players like they were in the past, they are a side that will be lucky to be top four this season and dare I say it, a side that we should be looking to take points off. For us to do that however, we need to look beyond their jerseys and realise that they are bang average, and stop shitting ourselves every time we look at them.

8 hours ago, thepundit said:

Unfortunately I have to agree with the 'Well fan. How do you win leagues by scoring last minute winners against relegation fodder?....

The team are going to have to do much better than that to achieve anything this season.    

We'll do ok, we're used to breaking down defensive teams and keeping possession until we get a breakthrough. McDonald being unmarked is worrying tho, boots up the backside required there.

We've enough strength to be in the top four I reckon, I reckon we'll see changes to the team once we get Holt, windass, waggy etc back fit.

22 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Rangers v Hamilton..

possession

Rangers 63% - 37% Accies

Shots 

Rangers 20 - 9 Accies

On Target 

Rangers 4 - 2 Accies

Corners 

Rangers 10 - 4 Accies

Fouls 

Rangers 7 - 19 Accies

several Accies players booked including two who repeatedly pulled back Barrie McKay but were not given second bookings. One on a booking actually ripped McKays jersey.

Facts always beat Diddy bullshit.

FACT - DECEASED FC 1873 - 2012 :lol:

1 hour ago, bennett said:

We'll do ok, we're used to breaking down defensive teams and keeping possession until we get a breakthrough. McDonald being unmarked is worrying tho, boots up the backside required there.

We've enough strength to be in the top four I reckon, I reckon we'll see changes to the team once we get Holt, windass, waggy etc back fit.

Hopefully Holt goes right into the team. The movement, fluidity, unpredictability isn't there in Holt's absence.

Expectations of a top 4 finish are too low in my opinion. When you're paying four or fives times the salary of every non Celtic team only a 2nd placed at the very worst finish would be acceptable.

A deserved win for Rangers in the end. Hard luck Well who made it tough for us. We were pretty poor in the first half but much better later on especially with the introduction of Kranjcar's creativity. Hopefully he'll get fit enough to start. Maybe Garner will also help e.g. by getting on the end of some of the crosses we put into the box these days.

Expectations of a top 4 finish are too low in my opinion. When you're paying four or fives times the salary of every non Celtic team only a 2nd placed at the very worst finish would be acceptable.

Proof please of both teams player budgets/wages?

Is it like this after Rangers win? Rangers posters apologising and slating the team that thoroughly deserved all three points.

Motherwell went 1 up against the run of play with the aid of a very close off side call. Rangers continued to completely dominate the game until the 93rd minute and got the winner their play dserved.

Not interested in wage budgets. We are in the same league and it is up to Motherwell to look after themselves. They defended well enough and had one fantastic last ditch goal saving tackle on Halliday and got away with a blatant push on the same player as he was about to head in from a couple of yards out. Seems Bobby Maddens one man crusade to cut this sort of thing out doesn't apply when  Rangers players are  fouled.

Anybody who thinks this Rangers team will struggle to be top 4 is kidding themselves on!!

Oh and where were the Motherwell support? Peterhead brought as many for a midweek cup game FFS!!

11 minutes ago, mjw said:

You've been about this site long enough to know the answer to that.

Hope you managed to attend the game without any problems yesterday. Or were you like the vast majority of Motherwell 'supporters' and sat in your bedroom watching the game on a shitty stream on your laptop

That's not very nice Nizzy but kinda proves my point

It really doesn't. I responded to *your* provocation.

None of our clubs have sunk as low as Rangers. You'd do well to remember that.

Our greatest of clubs was used by criminals for a few years but unlike any other support we stood together and won our club back. We didn't go begging to any other local clubs to keep our doors open and the lights on like a certain club from Maryhill. Next time Thistle get into trouble you know where we are.

I wasn't actually looking to provoke anything. 

Archived