The Stranger Dangers v Motherwell

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got what we deserved by the sounds of things. A typical shitebag performance from us to try and hold out for 1-0 and then 1-1 by inviting the opposition on to us and as usual, we failed miserably.

No positives to take from that whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Richard Wilson sounded suicidal there. Pleasing.

I don't believe it.....

Anyhow another three points in the bag and sitting at the top (sellick game in hand), not too shabby. 

That was the like the Alloa' shield wall on steroids, if i was playing against Rangers then I'd want my team to attack and get in aboot them, rather than sit deep.  In the end we usually break teams doon, we had a whole season to get used to that style of play.

In the end motherwells spoiling tactics amounted to fcuk all.

I thought it was a decent game, Motherwell got an early goal and defended well, we kept going and probably deserved three points although we needed a mistake to get them. I'm not going to complain about 7 from 9 though, I still think we'll get better.

Out of curiosity, seeing as I wasn't at the game, how culpable was Samson for Rangers' goals? More of the same from him? Parrying shots to the oncoming strikers or nah?

I wouldn't have blamed him for either goal, the centre-back, I'm not sure which was to blame for the 2nd. In fact the 1st was a good save by Samson.

The lack of movement, positional awareness and tempo from Rangers was shocking.

A half decent team would have put us away in the first half.

We've got a long way to go, but we're grinding out the results which is a positive.

Out of curiosity, seeing as I wasn't at the game, how culpable was Samson for Rangers' goals? More of the same from him? Parrying shots to the oncoming strikers or nah?

I don't think so, deflections of defenders back into the path of oncoming players. He had no chance.

3 hours ago, The Tedi said:

Motherwell got no more than they deserved for playing 89 mins of anti football.

Hope your next shit is a hedgehog

Your player budget/wages are 10 times ours.  If you were to play a team with a budget 10 times yours it would probably be Man U. Bet you would be all gung ho v them.

you don't need to try to hard to be odious 

42 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Hope your next shit is a hedgehog

Your player budget/wages are 10 times ours.  If you were to play a team with a budget 10 times yours it would probably be Man U. Bet you would be all gung ho v them.

you don't need to try to hard to be odious 

Proof please of both teams player budgets/wages?

Highlights. The Rangers first is hardly up with Samson's assist for Maclean last week but he really should be gathering that in to his body and smothering the ball rather than going in with his feet IMO. He does have a remarkable talent for finding the opposition with his saves.

The Rangers fans being over the moon at scraping past us 2-1 shows where they are right now. I've gave Joe Chalmers grief the last couple if weeks but even he looked comfortable against a bang average team. If they think they will get close to Celtic this year they are having a laugh. 

I like the anti football patter tae when Samson never had a save to make for most of the game but their keeper kept them in it with a cracking save from McDonald at 1-0. Anyway enjoy your season of mediocrity this year sevco and yer mutants in the section next to the away fans are the best amusement i've had in a long time. 

Archived