St Johnstone v The Green Half of the Establishment, Saturday 20 August 2016

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Away and dinnie talk pish!

If you truly got the bus back into town from McDiarmid it would have been the number two bus, all of which are single deck stagecoach buses. Never have I seen a double decker on that route.

The 8 or 9 Celtic fans you talk of ust have been sitting on the roof.

I can assure you it was a double decker bus.

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I couldn't care less if Scottish football got any credit abroad or not tbh. 

that's your problem, i care,Scottish football has a place in Europe it's not the best but it's not the worst,there is 54 countries competing in Europe Scotland are sitting 23 i would say that's just above average,out of that 54 this season 19 are already out,st johnstone play 38 games to get into Europe and you celebrate that then the next season you play 2 or 4 games and get put out fecking makes sense.  

that's your problem, i care,Scottish football has a place in Europe it's not the best but it's not the worst,there is 54 countries competing in Europe Scotland are sitting 23 i would say that's just above average,out of that 54 this season 19 are already out,st johnstone play 38 games to get into Europe and you celebrate that then the next season you play 2 or 4 games and get put out fecking makes sense.  

Absolute minter

39 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

the first 4 months of the season is all about Europe that is celtic's priority,the league comes a close second,once again celtic are left the only Scottish club flying the flag and trying to boost your co-efficient points,these european games are more important than any league game,until the rest of Scottish football get there ass in gear and help celtic by qualifying for Europe its up to us,celtic set the bar and its up to the rest of Scottish football to come up to celtic's level,the only way Scottish football is going to get some credit is if more clubs are playing in Europe,celtic have domestic dominance over the season and with Brendan Rodgers in charge 6 in a row is coming,it's up to the rest of the teams to stop that from happening,we want a challenge,in one off games any team can win lose or draw but over 38 games the cream are always top,celtic will be pushing for the 100 points total in the league with that kind of consistency no team will match it.  

Aye? Then maybe the decades old tradition of the OF buying "the rest of Scottish football's" best players to just stick them on the bench and effectively ruin their careers needs to stop.

If Celtic and Rangers really wanted competition from other clubs then maybe they should start by leaving them with their best players, no?

8 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

Aye? Then maybe the decades old tradition of the OF buying "the rest of Scottish football's" best players to just stick them on the bench and effectively ruin their careers needs to stop.

If Celtic and Rangers really wanted competition from other clubs then maybe they should start by leaving them with their best players, no?

yes and maybe you don't understand how the game works,players get 15 years if there lucky in the game,players move on from every club there is no loyalty any more play at the best level they can and make as much dosh as they can,clubs have no problem with that so why should fans? 

16 hours ago, LANG TOON SAINTIE said:

I was a season a season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember.Due to changing circumstances I have not bought one this year.I fully intended to go on Saturday but have now changed my mind due to the price.I will now sit in the pub aand watch it with a couple of pints instead.Thanks Saints 

Same here. I didn't buy the usual three season tickets this year, largely because we'd missed too many games last season thanks to TV changing kick off times or midweek matches – a pain when coming through from Edinburgh, often by train.

This year I thought we'd pay at the gate as we could. But even though my kids are keen, I just can't support price gouging. It takes a club with a hard neck to charge this sort of money while clinging to the pretence of being a community club.

yes and maybe you don't understand how the game works,players get 15 years if there lucky in the game,players move on from every club there is no loyalty any more play at the best level they can and make as much dosh as they can,clubs have no problem with that so why should fans? 

Your punctuation is fucking atrocious.

How many times do people persist with this stupid argument. Here's an idea, since you want to keep these players to compete, players who could go on to earn better wages at a bigger club like ours, why don't you pay them the wages they would receive from us?

No...didn't think so.

Let's do away with this stupid argument. Aberdeen have actually bought more players from other Scottish clubs in recent seasons than what we have but I never see anybody having a go at them. Hearts did it years ago. How many Premiership clubs buy players from the Scottish Championship or lower because they too can pay them more and allow them to play at a higher level. This is one of the most hypocritical arguments that always gets put forward.

How many times do people persist with this stupid argument. Here's an idea, since you want to keep these players to compete, players who could go on to earn better wages at a bigger club like ours, why don't you pay them the wages they would receive from us?

No...didn't think so.

Let's do away with this stupid argument. Aberdeen have actually bought more players from other Scottish clubs in recent seasons than what we have but I never see anybody having a go at them. Hearts did it years ago. How many Premiership clubs buy players from the Scottish Championship or lower because they too can pay them more and allow them to play at a higher level. This is one of the most hypocritical arguments that always gets put forward.

Define 'buy' please.

Other than kenny McLean who else have we 'bought'?

Pardon.

Define 'buy' please.

Other than kenny McLean who else have we 'bought'?

Ok, we're going down the technicality route. I think when I say bought players from other clubs, you get the gen of what I'm saying. You either bought them from other clubs or pounced & offered them a better deal to reject the clubs they were at when they're contract comes to an end. Same difference.

If we snapped up a player from another club when his contract was finished or running down we'd get accused of doing it to prevent competition. It happened with Ciftci...we even offered some money to free him up quicker so Utd still got something and we got slated for it still. In fact we took someone they had on loan from another club when the deal finished, can't remember who it was, and even though we signed him from his parent club it was still treated like we took one of Utd's own players.

I'm not having a go at Aberdeen for doing it because hey, that's football. You use the rules to your benefit just like we do. You outmuscle smaller clubs just like we do. It's the hypocrisy I have an issue with.

Ok, we're going down the technicality route. I think when I say bought players from other clubs, you get the gen of what I'm saying. You either bought them from other clubs or pounced & offered them a better deal to reject the clubs they were at when they're contract comes to an end. Same difference.

If we snapped up a player from another club when his contract was finished or running down we'd get accused of doing it to prevent competition. It happened with Ciftci...we even offered some money to free him up quicker so Utd still got something and we got slated for it still. In fact we took someone they had on loan from another club when the deal finished, can't remember who it was, and even though we signed him from his parent club it was still treated like we took one of Utd's own players.

I'm not having a go at Aberdeen for doing it because hey, that's football. You use the rules to your benefit just like we do. You outmuscle smaller clubs just like we do. It's the hypocrisy I have an issue with.

There is without question a difference between signing an out of contract player and buying one for big money midway through their contract.

Furthermore, players who I assume you're alluding to such as Hayes mcginn McLean etc play for us every week just about, they do not rot in our reserves.

There is without question a difference between signing an out of contract player and buying one for big money midway through their contract.

Furthermore, players who I assume you're alluding to such as Hayes mcginn McLean etc play for us every week just about, they do not rot in our reserves.

There is a reason why they do that and it's because you have a smaller squad with less quality in it. We want more money to compete in Europe so if you think we will waste money signing players to just to put in our reserves then you are lacking in the brain cells dept.

As with any big club, the players have done enough to earn a move there. Some players like Broony, Griffiths, Armstrong, McDonald etc are just some players who came to the club and broke into the first team. Guys like Riordan, Ciftci etc come and for whatever reason don't make it. This happens in football...I mean you signed Neil Alexander and I don't see him playing in goal for you.

Last time up there I turned right from the car park rather than left, fecking polis keep me on the slip road hard shoulder for 45 minutes[emoji20] I predict a good game and a 5-1 win to us

This season the police seem to be forcing everyone left from the car park

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

This season the police seem to be forcing everyone left from the car park

Aye I ignored the traffic polis "inviting" me to turn right, could see him in the mirror using the radio, just knew I'd get stopped further down, still they did it with a bit of humour

Archived