St Johnstone v The Green Half of the Establishment, Saturday 20 August 2016

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

£27 to watch this. Absolutely ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a pisstake for home fans who don't have season tickets.

It's shocking.  Where's the incentive for folk to turn up and support their local team?  It's live on tv for f**k sake.

I can understand they want to make as much as possible from Celtic fans, but If Saints really feel they have to charge £27 and it needs to apply to both sides, then how about some other deal/ incentive for Saints fans, e.g. This game and the next home match v Hearts in September for £40...

30 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

The only people moaning on here about the price has been the Saints fans :lol:

You realise people exist outwith this site dont you?

You realise people exist outwith this site dont you?

Do you want me to discuss people he has 'apparently' heard moaning? Maybe I should suggest that Celtic fans have been praising the prices just to counter his claims.

1 minute ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Do you want me to discuss people he has 'apparently' heard moaning? Maybe I should suggest that Celtic fans have been praising the prices just to counter his claims.

I can't be arsed going down whatever tedious deadend shithole route you're wanting us to head down. But hes clearly on Twitter where a huge swathe of Celtic fans are talking about it being a "disgrace" and how awful it is that a club charges so much just to make money of them (a whole £1 more than they charge us, fwiw).

I can't be arsed going down whatever tedious deadend shithole route you're wanting us to head down. But hes clearly on Twitter where a huge swathe of Celtic fans are talking about it being a "disgrace" and how awful it is that a club charges so much just to make money of them (a whole £1 more than they charge us, fwiw).

Bit stupid to specifically target Celtic fans though given that Saints fans are moaning too. Football across the board in Scotland is too expensive.

However I like the fact that St Johnstone offer the free kids tickets so that weighs up a lot of the moans about prices. Are they doing the same again for this weekend?

1 minute ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Bit stupid to specifically target Celtic fans though given that Saints fans are moaning too. Football across the board in Scotland is too expensive.

However I like the fact that St Johnstone offer the free kids tickets so that weighs up a lot of the moans about prices. Are they doing the same again for this weekend?

Yes, but his point was Celtic fans have a cheek to moan about the prices when the charge us an identical amount.

And yes, U12s are always free. Celtic fans can get a family of four (two adults, two U12s) into McDiarmid for £54. An identical Saints supporting family going to Celtic Park would be charged £72. Yet apparently we're "scum" for charging Celtic fans so much 

I was a season a season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember.Due to changing circumstances I have not bought one this year.I fully intended to go on Saturday but have now changed my mind due to the price.I will now sit in the pub aand watch it with a couple of pints instead.Thanks Saints 

25 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Yes. But it'll be risky to advertise "free under 12s" when Sevco roll into town.

Archived