St Johnstone v The Green Half of the Establishment, Saturday 20 August 2016

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

I actually dread this fixture. Hate having the scumbags tarnish the streets of Perth with their green and grey stench. 

#perthshire 

And their racism. Don't forget the racism.

Davie Bhoy if it was only your "fringe side" that got beat in the big fixture that is the international champions cup ffs, then was there not any chance that you could have left yer wee team at hope to get pumped by the jags ?

Well as I said mate, myself & most other Celts on here have said our preference would've been to face Partick. Brendan Rodgers has since said have preferred that too...but when you can earn as much playing Inter as you can for winning your league then it'd be daft not to play in it.

And that is why there is such a disparity in the league, because you can just pop home to the potato fields for a "glamour game" to get as much money as you can for winning the league.....yes yes yes I know we all have the option to do it but really ffs again it's just the "establishment" as you said in your thread title bending over and spreading , it has always been and probably always will be , that doesn't mean we have to like it but it was nice you said what you think...."f**k the diddy league we are in as we need to make as much money in crap friendlies as we can't do it in the real European league's as we keep getting pumped, Mon the Perth side.

And that is why there is such a disparity in the league, because you can just pop home to the potato fields for a "glamour game" to get as much money as you can for winning the league.....yes yes yes I know we all have the option to do it but really ffs again it's just the "establishment" as you said in your thread title bending over and spreading , it has always been and probably always will be , that doesn't mean we have to like it but it was nice you said what you think...."f**k the diddy league we are in as we need to make as much money in crap friendlies as we can't do it in the real European league's as we keep getting pumped, Mon the Perth side.

Well mate, I didn't say the "establishment" in the thread title. I started a thread for the game and for some unknown reason, a Saints fan started one 10 mins later with this title. An admin combined the two and this was the title used. Not mine which simply said St Johnstone v Celtic.

Just because you can't draw that kind of interest to have your club play in these money spinning games doesn't mean if you were fortunate enough to be in our shoes that you'd be any different. You know fine well if Partick could get roughly £3m for a game v Inter they would exercise their right to cancel a game to do so, & you'd all be understanding of why they did it.

Well mate, I didn't say the "establishment" in the thread title. I started a thread for the game and for some unknown reason, a Saints fan started one 10 mins later with this title. An admin combined the two and this was the title used. Not mine which simply said St Johnstone v Celtic.

Just because you can't draw that kind of interest to have your club play in these money spinning games doesn't mean if you were fortunate enough to be in our shoes that you'd be any different. You know fine well if Partick could get roughly £3m for a game v Inter they would exercise their right to cancel a game to do so, & you'd all be understanding of why they did it.

There's no denying any of that. Like it or not Celtic are not doing anything wrong though personally I'd scrap the stupid fucking rule and make them play friendlies when friendlies are meant to be played.

There's no denying any of that. Like it or not Celtic are not doing anything wrong though personally I'd scrap the stupid fucking rule and make them play friendlies when friendlies are meant to be played.

I understand why the rule was brought in. The league season was brought forward to an earlier start but this was when we played our big money spinning games against the teams from the big leagues whose seasons haven't started yet. The way of finding a solution for this was to allow this rule to be brought in.

I'd personally like to see it scrapped too. I work a weird shift pattern & this rule has meant me missing games on my ST that I otherwise would've made.

3 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Just for clarity, I didn't start it on the back of yours, there wasn't a thread so I started one, and must have been typing it out whilst yours appeared. To be honest, I didn't think this game would be particularly significant to Celtic fans until after Wednesday night. 

Just for clarity, I didn't start it on the back of yours, there wasn't a thread so I started one, and must have been typing it out whilst yours appeared. To be honest, I didn't think this game would be particularly significant to Celtic fans until after Wednesday night. 

Fair do's, just pointing out the way it happened. I was just browsing the page bored & noticed there wasn't a thread for it so thought I may as well get it put up. Our European thread is a continuing one anyway.

Dont know whats worse bout this fixture, the bigots and apoligists travelling from Glasgow determined to be utter c***s to all in Perth, or the 90 Minute bigots that live in Perth that have nothing better to do than sneer at their local side, trying with utter desperation to find Irish roots and a real reason to be glory-hunters. 

2-1 Saints, Rodgers to talk utter shite at full time. 

Archived