St Johnstone v The Green Half of the Establishment, Saturday 20 August 2016

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hoopy1967 said:

Gordon shouldn't be starting on Tuesday

No other option with De Vries being unfit unless Fasan is trusted. Gordon will get us over the line on Tuesday and then he should be replaced by a fit De Vries.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tickets were still for sale for season ticket holders, so home fans could've gotten one.

So home fans needed to get a season ticket holder to buy one for them but couldn't buy one themselves.......honestly you couldn't make it up.

16 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

There were people on here the other night telling me how Scottish attendances aren't an issue. What a pile of crap.

No they weren't.  They were telling you that outwith the Old Firm attendances are up across the board for the rest of clubs in Scotland. With figures and everything.  But no, just you keep spouting your pish because you see empty seats in a game on tv from the comfort of your living room you f**king clown.

No other option with De Vries being unfit unless Fasan is trusted. Gordon will get us over the line on Tuesday and then he should be replaced by a fit De Vries.

I wouldn't get too excited about a 35 year old keeper from the bottom half of the championship

Just now, topsider said:

I wouldn't get too excited about a 35 year old keeper from the bottom half of the championship

We don't have any other options. Ideally someone else will come in but then Bailly/Fasan will probably go.

So home fans needed to get a season ticket holder to buy one for them but couldn't buy one themselves.......honestly you couldn't make it up.

Yes, for the final 36 hours before the match. It's hardly a shocking arrangement

No they weren't.  They were telling you that outwith the Old Firm attendances are up across the board for the rest of clubs in Scotland. With figures and everything.  But no, just you keep spouting your pish because you see empty seats in a game on tv from the comfort of your living room you f**king clown.

This. Our home crowd always drops against Celtic, due to higher prices and the fact you can't even walk out the stadium without getting some drunk screaming at you. There's usually about three families around me, not one of them sat there today

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Keep on deluding yourselves.

We'll agree to disagree :-)

Thats clearly because you're an absolute moron then. You think we should risk having away fans in the home end?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, for the final 36 hours before the match. It's hardly a shocking arrangement

As said on the thread previously, you'd think a family friendly and forward thinking Club like St Johnstone would have set up a database before now to ensure ticket sales for situations just like this?

Keep on deluding yourselves.

Our crowds have risen since we won the cup, it's not even debateable as it's a statistical fact.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our crowds have risen since we won the cup, it's not even debateable as it's a statistical fact.

I never said they haven't. Just that the overall attendances are a disgrace, even if there has been a minuscule rise. That's a statistical fact that people aren't prepared to accept. Heads too deep in the sand.

I never said they haven't. Just that the overall attendances are a disgrace, even if there has been a minuscule rise. That's a statistical fact that people aren't prepared to accept. Heads too deep in the sand.

Are you on about the top league or across the country, out of interest

So, bearing in mind the marvellous Palace-Liverpool game (0-3 to 3-3) and the Be'er Sheva game is this going to be a feature of all Celtic's games? Go 3-0 up, coasting then twitchy sphincters as their defence collapses? Going to be immensely entertaining, eh?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Are you on about the top league or across the country, out of interest

Depends what you mean by country. Some people consider that Scotland, others consider it to be the UK. Obviously English football attendances aren't bad. But seeing grounds in Scotland that are often 1/2 to 2/3 empty hardly fills me with optimism. I don't think squeezing as many OF fans into the stadiums as possible is the solution either. it's embarrassing enough.

Archived