Eh Classico Rovers vs Pars

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Growl3th said:

Still don't know how Higginbottom stayed on the pitch after running towards "the incident" to assault RM.  Raised his hands and struck his head equals a red card no matter how hard (or even if he missed) the attempt was.

With the huge police presence I'm surprised he wasn't arrested for impersonating a footballer.

Lucky streak :lol:. Since the end of January we have the best form out of anyone in the league. Including Rangers, Hibs and the much praised Falkirk. We have kept the bulk of t at side and added quality to the squad. That's one hell of a lucky streak.

Didn't see a single clear cut chance for the Pars. Our game is to hit teams in the break with pace. Which we did.

3 hours ago, Shooboax said:

Who is defending Gavin Masterton? .....not aimed at me I hope, if it is you have no fucking iota of a clue how wrong that is. 

Calm down it was that rocket black and white tragic who mentioned your pal Masterson.  Watching the video has proved that Stewart's goal was as good as it looked at the time. I also could see hundreds of empty seats in the away end without even having to count, so you look a bit daft claiming the away end was full. Your vision is obviously not the best like the match referee. 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Lucky streak :lol:. Since the end of January we have the best form out of anyone in the league. Including Rangers, Hibs and the much praised Falkirk. We have kept the bulk of t at side and added quality to the squad. That's one hell of a lucky streak.

Didn't see a single clear cut chance for the Pars. Our game is to hit teams in the break with pace. Which we did.

18 league games unbeaten.

22 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Black and White Tragic is a grass. Pass it on.

Truly stunned to hear that Ben Richards-Everton is a bombscare at this level.

But he's tall and has a vast array of tattoos...the Dunfermline fans said that must make him good at this level. 

It was hilarious to watch him try to outpace McManus before realising how badly he'd fucked up. Stewart turning him inside out for the second was also excellent. 

Also, while our defence was brilliant yesterday, Bene was miles ahead of any other defender on the pitch. Won everything, and lead them through the game. The difference going into derbies and having him at the back, compared to say, Ross Perry in the last game or Dougie Hill before that is massive. 

Really? He was all over the place in the first half and not in a good way, he looked worse than the other Cb. I'm genuinely not sure where this myth is coming from that the Raith defence looked solid, it was down to sheer incompetence from our front line that we didn't score, both defences were poor.
As someone else said, you can probably thank Higginbotham for taking the attention away from what may well have been a red card incident.

I'd have booked him for his ridiculous hairdo alone.

It's just an incompetent referee, hopefully we'll have a better one in the return fixtures.

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Really? He was all over the place in the first half and not in a good way, he looked worse than the other Cb. I'm genuinely not sure where this myth is coming from that the Raith defence looked solid, it was down to sheer incompetence from our front line that we didn't score, both defences were poor.

Anything that came his was was handled. He had to play the whole of the second half with a relatively new partner in defence, as well as keeping in mind the injured keeper behind him. It's worth noting, that the Pars were limited in any shape or form of gilt edge chances. They had maybe one that came across the box, but other than that, they were limited by our defence, rather than their own forwards. Based off  what was there yesterday, they both had reasonable good displays, albeit I still feel we'd be even more assured with Craig Barr next to Benedictus. 

5 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

The morning after.......

Thought we did ok in spells against a decent Raith team. Certainly more of a football team than Rovers teams of the past. The front two are a nuisance and will cause problems to every team. We looked shaky at the back. Once Dycey is fully fit he'll replace Ben who thinks he's 10 times the player he actually is. Murdoch will be back soon which will help the whole team. I was really looking forward to seeing Higgy and Cardle in a derby but both were ineffective tbh. Up front we were poor. Oh for a greedy striker who wants to shoot on sight rather than square the ball.

I don't think we're too far away from being ok in this league. A draw yesterday would've made a decent start to the season.

On to next week.

The most sensible post on here from a Pars fan for ages, Kinda disagree about Cardle and  Higginbottom thought they were your standout performers, it's obvious your needing a traditional no 9 goal poacher . Rovers were far from their best yesterday and feel we played a lot better the week before against St Mirren. It just shows how strong a squad we have at the moment considering  Stewart was a leading goal scorer last season yet isn't first choice . Dunfermline look to have enough to finish mid table as for us hopefully 5th or 4th with a bit of luck.

Great entertainment yesterday and it continues today on this thread. We weren't at our best and let Dunfermline into for long spells in the first half, but thankfully they had very little quality upfront. Once we scored the result was rarely in doubt. Superb strike from Mark Stewart.

Three wins from three is superb although I suspect Ayr, St Mirren and the Pars aren't the most challenging teams in the league. Still you can't knock that start.

Very pleasing to win the first derby and leave the dafter Pars supporters on here greetin' about the size of the crowd and state of the stadium. 

2 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

You're getting carried away now, if we had buried our chances and avoided a couple of mistakes the score line would better reflect how much on top we were in general play. But it didn't, you won, you sit top of the league after three games. From what I have seen of us I have no worries about ending up involved in a relegation battle. Rovers from what I saw yesterday will finish 5th or 6th as you are not as good as you think you are, and your lucky streak will end at some point.

31 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Anything that came his was was handled. He had to play the whole of the second half with a relatively new partner in defence, as well as keeping in mind the injured keeper behind him. It's worth noting, that the Pars were limited in any shape or form of gilt edge chances. They had maybe one that came across the box, but other than that, they were limited by our defence, rather than their own forwards. Based off  what was there yesterday, they both had reasonable good displays, albeit I still feel we'd be even more assured with Craig Barr next to Benedictus. 

Pure seethe black and white tragic, what chances and if we didn't make mistakes. Every team in Scotland could say the same thing. You couldn't score against a one legged goalie and were beaten by a Rovers team playing below our normal performance based on our previous 2 games and to also think we have 4  1st team regulars who have a wealth of SPL experience missing aswell, There's a clue in your name TRAGIC.   Lol

'Seethe' what the f*ck is it with people reusing rank infantile descriptive patter in an attempt to scramble to the top of the w**k pile of Pile & Bovril users?

Not an original craic amid you all.

Even on the slightly autumnal Sunday afternoon you're all still displaying all the traits of a bunch of empty life's.

Mind you I despaired at the state of the High Street of a once proud town, I can understand clinging to a football club overshadowed by an Ice Hockey team.

Sad stuff.

Keep smiling though.

'Seethe' what the f*ck is it with people reusing rank infantile descriptive patter in an attempt to scramble to the top of the w**k pile of Pile & Bovril users?

Not an original craic amid you all.

Even on the slightly autumnal Sunday afternoon you're all still displaying all the traits of a bunch of empty life's.

Mind you I despaired at the state of the High Street of a once proud town, I can understand clinging to a football club overshadowed by an Ice Hockey team.

Sad stuff.

Keep smiling though.

^^^^^^
Mashing fists into keyboard. Tears and snotters everywhere.

Is that the sort of thing you mean?

Archived