Eh Classico Rovers vs Pars

That HMRC thing is the saddest thing I've seen on p&b.

Next time we have a Pars / Raith match thread can we just agree a memo at the outset that acknowledges the Pars are a better-supported club than we are and then just talk about the match?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both had spells on top in the first half with our period probably being longer, neither of us worked either goalkeeper, 2nd half we were slow to start again but just about found our feet for 10-15 mins before poor decision making gave rover's too many chances and they would inevitable take one. Pushed forward after that but that just exposed the defence further.

Don't think rover's fans have any cheek to complain about cardle given Vaughan's antics, utterly shameful from him.

On the Thomson incident the ref shat it, late, high and aggressive yet not even worth a booking? Might of had a chance if he was sent off but we'll never know. Matthews challenge wasn't what caused the problem, he went in a little late and a bit too aggressive, a clear booking but cardle just gets up we take the free kick and move on, it was how Thomson came flying in that caused the players to pile over.

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Ross Matthews challenge on Cardle is a thing of beauty. 

I actually think we got off with that to the most ridiculous degree because Higginbotham couldn't resist running over and getting involved. Had he left it, and maybe went over into the main rammy rather than aggressively grabbing Matthews, Matthews might have been sent off. Said to my mate at the game yesterday, we came out of that situation the better. Admittedly, from that point on the referee lost complete control of the game, and players started flying down trying to get other players booked. 

The morning after.......

Thought we did ok in spells against a decent Raith team. Certainly more of a football team than Rovers teams of the past. The front two are a nuisance and will cause problems to every team. We looked shaky at the back. Once Dycey is fully fit he'll replace Ben who thinks he's 10 times the player he actually is. Murdoch will be back soon which will help the whole team. I was really looking forward to seeing Higgy and Cardle in a derby but both were ineffective tbh. Up front we were poor. Oh for a greedy striker who wants to shoot on sight rather than square the ball.

I don't think we're too far away from being ok in this league. A draw yesterday would've made a decent start to the season.

On to next week.

Also, while our defence was brilliant yesterday, Bene was miles ahead of any other defender on the pitch. Won everything, and lead them through the game. The difference going into derbies and having him at the back, compared to say, Ross Perry in the last game or Dougie Hill before that is massive. 

Just come back to check my lines, ooft.

Haha was waiting for that reply. Going by your constant anger at the prices I wouldn't be surprised if you're talking pish and your HMRC post was genuine. Of course you'll deny it.

3 hours ago, Narey said:

Look at the picture evidence and you will see hundreds of empty seats at the front and at the railway side. I'm not sure why I'm debating this nonsense. You lost the derby. Move on and get over it, because you are embarrassing yourself. Defending the boy Masterson in your argument is once again laughable. Speak to some of your townie friends(if you have any), who will be able to tell you that he almost killed your club. Maybe you will understand one day when you become an adult.

Who is defending Gavin Masterton? .....not aimed at me I hope, if it is you have no fucking iota of a clue how wrong that is. 

8 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Pure thuggery.

Pure bullshit. I have looked at that clip a few dozen times. Look at cardles feet at the same time his right hand pushes mathews backwards.. Also i cant see any contact made by mathews on cardle at all. And before you pars fans all jump in seriously look at that clip in detail. you may have a different opinion of the incident.

Pure bullshit. I have looked at that clip a few dozen times. Look at cardles feet at the same time his right hand pushes mathews backwards.. Also i cant see any contact made by mathews on cardle at all. And before you pars fans all jump in seriously look at that clip in detail. you may have a different opinion of the incident.

Your interpretation is indeed different from mine, or reality for that matter. Cardle's "right hand pushes Mathews backwards"? Is that his second right hand, the invisible one?

Archived