Eh Classico Rovers vs Pars

I was actually asking. Why are you so angry after your team won?

All that's missing from that post is including the usual repertoire of 'you hate us more than you love your own team' teehee.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were better all over the park today...Mark Stewart I apologise for losing my faith in you...thought that Bene was motm great off the ball as well as on it....Pars...get it right fkn up you....COYR.......

Serious question for Pars fans...

If you have this monthly payment thing which gives you 20k a month (240k a year) from fans. What is it being spent on? Surely this is extra in comparison to other teams in league. You also have good home attendance figures which in comparison to the like of us surely adds up to a fair bit?

Its not like you are using it to pay companies which received zero pence in the pound during your administration so where is it going? Is it being saved up? Is Cardle on 5k a week like before you went bust? ;)

I would consider investing some of it on two or three players before the end of the month going by today's performance!

25 minutes ago, Raithie said:

All that's missing from that post is including the usual repertoire of 'you hate us more than you love your own team' teehee.

Nah, just Cowden that seem to have that affliction.

Tbf to Rovers, the fans who actually go to the games are extremely loyal, it's the bellends who only show up when we came to town or in big games (although apparently they have disappeared totally now) that f**k me off, especially as they're probably the same arseholes who packed the pubs anytime Sevco were playing some no-marks on tv.

2 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

If you have this monthly payment thing which gives you 20k a month (240k a year) from fans. What is it being spent on? Surely this is extra in comparison to other teams in league. You also have good home attendance figures which in comparison to the like of us surely adds up to a fair bit?

Its not like you are using it to pay companies which received zero pence in the pound during your administration so where is it going? Is it being saved up? Is Cardle on 5k a week like before you went bust? ;)

I would consider investing some of it on two or three players before the end of the month going by today's performance!

Oh dear, you have addressed the fourth wall.

5 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

WHAURSA MONEY?!?

You're essentially just echoing the thoughts of a lot of Pars fans with a lot of your posts tbf (minus the wind-ups), it's been common knowledge for weeks that we desperately need a new striker. Ideally, I'd like to see another midfielder too as I don't think Spence is ready yet, Falkingham is still available i think.....

Think our defensive problems will be greatly lessened when Murdoch comes back tbh, makes a world of difference knowing you have a solid keeper between the sticks who can organise and communicate with his defense, also makes you a lot more confident going forward.

Definitely think we should be looking to get another right-back in because if Williamson gets injured I don't think we have anything behind him.

ETA: Don't think you'll find any Pars fan complaining that money is being banked rather than pumped into the playing squad though tbf

Nine points from nine is a brilliant start, but we should probably keep our feet on the ground, since two of those victories have been against the plucky newcomers, Ayr and Dunfermline, who are probably still struggling with the rarified air of the second tier.

On the plus side for Dunfermline though, they're probably only 5 or 6 players away from being competent, and could potentially finish as high as seventh in my opinion, so fair play to them.

There's been a fair amount of chat about Rovers being poor at the back this season, which I've been in agreement with, but I thought they looked pretty solid today.

Higginbotham caused them a bit of grief for about 60 minutes, but they stood up to it, which considering Lennox only had one working leg for about 80 minutes, is pretty impressive.

Neither Higginbotham nor Cardle were particularly interested in working back though, especially as the game progressed, which is when Rovers started to get on top.

Like others mentioned, if Pars had scored first, Rovers might have toiled to get back into it, but that ability to ground out wins that the club had last season, appears to have carried forward into this one. For now at least.

Still early days, but I think our positive reaction to Locke's appointment was entirely justified...

4 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Exactly, why is it with less punters and without a fund rovers and qots have a better side than us?

Early days but we look second best in many areas compared to rovers.

Waiting for fais was stupid and we lost out on a great nippy wee striker like declan. I thought reily might have been like this but he isn't. McManus is a very clever wee striker who niggles and winds up defenders. Our strikers aren't goalscorers or are able to hold the ball. Utterly pointless.

4 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Nine points from nine is a brilliant start, but we should probably keep our feet on the ground, since two of those victories have been against the plucky newcomers, Ayr and Dunfermline, who are probably still struggling with the rarified air of the second tier.

On the plus side for Dunfermline though, they're probably only 5 or 6 players away from being competent, and could potentially finish as high as seventh in my opinion, so fair play to them.

There's been a fair amount of chat about Rovers being poor at the back this season, which I've been in agreement with, but I thought they looked pretty solid today.

Higginbotham caused them a bit of grief for about 60 minutes, but they stood up to it, which considering Lennox only had one working leg for about 80 minutes, is pretty impressive.

Neither Higginbotham nor Cardle were particularly interested in working back though, especially as the game progressed, which is when Rovers started to get on top.

Like others mentioned, if Pars had scored first, Rovers might have toiled to get back into it, but that ability to ground out wins that the club had last season, appears to have carried forward into this one. For now at least.

Still early days, but I think our positive reaction to Locke's appointment was entirely justified...

:lol: :thumsup2

There appears to be a lowest common denominator.

28 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Made a big error in waiting for fais to resign. We have lost out in several strikers and now look powderpuff upfront. Dobbie, McManus or Clarkson have been missed and we are getting desperate. I don't know why qots or rather can put together a better side with less punters through the gate and without a fund from the fans?

Anyone could see bre and williaison are total diddies defensively yet aj talks pish about us finishing in the top four.

ETA for accuracy.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Rather should be raith. Autocorrect.

Raith or qots have a far better side and squad. We signed up dogshite like hopkirk while qots got dobbie.

No idea why.

This is the crucial statement.

with less punters through the gate and without a fund from the fans?

Raith Rovers have funding from some individuals, whilst Dunfermline despite having a greater fan base(season ticket revinue) and business contributions and contributions by direct debit have failed to spend wisely.

Is this down to the board or AJ?

46 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Did they not make a loss of 300k+ to April/ June 2015?

Rather should be raith. Autocorrect.

Raith or qots have a far better side and squad. We signed up dogshite like hopkirk while qots got dobbie.

No idea why.

Of course we have a better team and squad, we've been at this level for what seems like forever and it's been built up slowly over the years. The standard has risen at this level since you've been down and you've been left behind a bit. It'll take you three or four years to find your feet again. Unless you chuck money that isn't yours at it again that is.

Archived