Oliver Burke

Contra

The guy is earning millions from football travelling around Europe and now gets free accomodation in London to play there.

Not a bad life, can see why people will be a bit jealous.

He will likely never be anything more than an impact player at international level, but that's fine.

15 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Why do all these big clubs keep signing him if he’s shit?

They must see something. Admittedly he hasn’t had a big money move since WBA shelled out £15 million on him 5 years ago, but clubs at a decent level are still taking a gamble on him.

I think Slavan Billic nailed it when he said that Managers look at Burke, they see pace and they see power and they think "I could be the one that can utilise that, get it out of him regularly and turn this lad into a key player for us", then they work with him on the training ground and quickly realise he aint the brightest, can't follow instructions, then after 10 or so games decide to cut their losses with him.

6 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I think Slavan Billic nailed it when he said that Managers look at Burke, they see pace and they see power and they think "I could be the one that can utilise that, get it out of him regularly and turn this lad into a key player for us", then they work with him on the training ground and quickly realise he aint the brightest, can't follow instructions, then after 10 or so games decide to cut their losses with him.

I still can't help thinking that one of these days Burke is going to suddenly figure it all out and become a decent player.

If you look at the young players Strachan brought thru he got alot right. Andy Robertson, John Mcginn. Burke seems to be the one he got very wrong, but he was excited by him at the start. So maybe there's still a chance he could become something decent for us.

On 02/02/2023 at 08:32, Satoshi said:

The guy is earning millions from football travelling around Europe and now gets free accomodation in London to play there.

Not a bad life, can see why people will be a bit jealous.

He will likely never be anything more than an impact player at international level, but that's fine.

"haters gonna hate". Only a matter of time before FB type statements appeared in this section. 

On 03/11/2022 at 14:55, General dissaray said:

Good chance he'll be in the next squad,he played 11 times in Germany and got 2 goals

I know a lot off people think he is a headless chicken all pace and no end product 

But at 25 surely he can still pick up a bit of experience in one off the best leagues in the world

Can play on the wing or as a number 9 surely worth a go on the bench at least

I aren't sure Stewart might be injured and for me Burke would be a good out and out sub for big Lyndon if he runs his heart out again for us

Yes Stewart never played last night,can't think many other out and out number nines worth a go

Don't usually reply to my own posts but Stewart is injured Dykes is ill got a chance off getting back in

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...