Oliver Burke

Contra

3 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

95th minute winner this time as Bremen come from 2-0 down to win after Burke comes off the bench

3 hours ago, Fratelli said:

Worth noting that it was 2-0 until the 89th minute.

Not sure a footballer has ever confused me as much as Oliver Burke, fair play to him for somehow managing to carve out a strange yet pretty amazing career for himself. 

Not sure a footballer has ever confused me as much as Oliver Burke, fair play to him for somehow managing to carve out a strange yet pretty amazing career for himself. 

Jack Hendry is giving it a fair go to try and match it. 

Aye, good for him. Always good to see Scots going abroad and managing to make an impact, and he's clearly willing to give it a go.

The way he's going im going to look like nostradamus🤣

Unbelievable start for him with bremen, hopefully he should be starting games for them soon. Some hit tonight, hes doing really well, its hard to explain.

But hope he continues.

Better behind the goal angle here.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

I genuinely hope this is the move that works out for him, because for all of his clear attitude issues, there is definitely a player in there, and if he can do well, it might - just might - give us another option up front.

I've been really frustrated with his career trajectory so far, as I really did think when he broke through that we might have that particular talent that Scotland lacks, someone with a bit of technical nous as well as pace etc.  Just a shame he has had a bit of an attitude problem wherever he has been, maybe he is finally seeing the light a bit.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think he has an attitude problem, he just has a not very good at football problem.

Yeah, from what I know of the guy he's not got a bad attitude at all, he's just not very clever. He's got all the physical attributes to be a great player, he just doesn't seem to always understand what he's supposed to be doing out there. I'm sure he's had a couple of managers describe him as "uncoachable" before.

He doesn't come across badly in interviews but clever off and on the pitch can be different

One thing about this move compared to previous is that I've heard him say he wants to be played through the middle as an out and out striker and Werder are doing just that. Nearly everywhere else he has gone they've mainly tried to play him on the wing.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Yeah, from what I know of the guy he's not got a bad attitude at all, he's just not very clever. He's got all the physical attributes to be a great player, he just doesn't seem to always understand what he's supposed to be doing out there. I'm sure he's had a couple of managers describe him as "uncoachable" before.

Aye, he might just be one of those players who needs the right manager to use him like a tool.

"Oli - we put ball behind them; you run at ball, put ball in net with foot. OK?"

Twenty goals a season.

8 hours ago, GAD said:

You talking about oli burke 

He has no touch whatsoever 

He's got all the attributes to be good at rugby 

1 hour ago, Binos said:

You talking about oli burke 

He has no touch whatsoever 

He's got all the attributes to be good at rugby 

He looks have to have found some form. That finish yesterday was clinical.

12 hours ago, skippy2015 said:

He has scored in La Liga, English Premiership, Bundesliga and Scottish Premier League wonder who the last Scottish player to do that was?

I wonder who the last player - of any nationality - was to do that?

He's quite possibly the only one?

Edit: Guidetti is 'close', but only scored in Bundesliga 2, and The Championship.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm