Oliver Burke

Contra

I've spent a lot of time in Keercawldy!. I aint afraid to admit it! My ex lived there. 40 minute train  and she'd greet me and we'd both realise it was a waste of money then... wander the high street pretending we were interested in things. Bad times.  Burke must be... ehhhm... I'm worried about Burke :(

Guest DAVIDB69
I've spent a lot of time in Keercawldy!. I aint afraid to admit it! My ex lived there. 40 minute train  and she'd greet me and we'd both realise it was a waste of money then... wander the high street pretending we were interested in things. Bad times.  Burke must be... ehhhm... I'm worried about Burke [emoji20]

He would be better coming up here to build a reputation rather than drifting down the leagues in the south

27 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

He would be better coming up here to build a reputation rather than drifting down the leagues in the south

Behave yourself. He’s been relegated once ffs. West Brom are still a big club and the English championship is the 6th most supported in Europe. He’ll still be playing in front of crowds bigger than anything in Scotland. 

16 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

Behave yourself. He’s been relegated once ffs. West Brom are still a big club and the English championship is the 6th most supported in Europe. He’ll still be playing in front of crowds bigger than anything in Scotland. 

It’s actually third best supported in Europe. 

43 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It’s actually third best supported in Europe. 

Average 2017/18 attendances in Europe:

1. German Bundesliga - 44,511
2. English Premier League - 38,310
3. Spanish Liga Santander - 27,068
4. Italian Serie A - 24,706
5. French Ligue 1 - 22,548
6. English Championship - 20,331
7. Dutch Eredivisie - 19.082
8. Scottish Premiership - 15,929
9. Russian Premier Division - 13,969
10. Belgian Jupiler League - 11,502

I guess if you quantify "best supported" as the number of people who actually attend a match, it probably is the 3rd highest. But considering it's a league of 24 teams, which is at least 4 teams larger than any of the others and therefore has dozens more fixtures per season, an average is a fairer measure than a total.

Either way, the point still stands - absolutely nothing wrong with Oliver Burke plying his trade in the English second tier next season.

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Average 2017/18 attendances in Europe:

1. German Bundesliga - 44,511
2. English Premier League - 38,310
3. Spanish Liga Santander - 27,068
4. Italian Serie A - 24,706
5. French Ligue 1 - 22,548
6. English Championship - 20,331
7. Dutch Eredivisie - 19.082
8. Scottish Premiership - 15,929
9. Russian Premier Division - 13,969
10. Belgian Jupiler League - 11,502

I guess if you quantify "best supported" as the number of people who actually attend a match, it probably is the 3rd highest. But considering it's a league of 24 teams, which is at least 4 teams larger than any of the others and therefore has dozens more fixtures per season, an average is a fairer measure than a total.

Either way, the point still stands - absolutely nothing wrong with Oliver Burke plying his trade in the English second tier next season.

It’s the best league he could be in until he gets a straight run of 40 games under his belt. He’s barely kicked a ball for a first team.

Guest DAVIDB69
This season could be the making of him if he gets regular games.

Would think loan games in league one are more likely

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Why would he need to go down to league one when it was good performances in the championship that got him his move to Germany?

I think the Conference North is more realistic.

Which ever one allows him the most days off for those night shifts at BK!!!
It's all about recovery time!!!

• 2 months later...

Finally scored for WBA tonight Vs Luton in the Carabao Cup. Hardly the kind of headlines we hoped he'd be making by now but hopefully a foothold in a wayward career trajectory.

ETA: just saw that he was played as a Centre Forward by WBA in that game, and that Darren Moore thinks he can play a part in that role. Could be a win if he ends up playing through the middle given how scarce our striking options are. 1 really fast and powerful forward would be a lovely option. But let's wait and see if he can get past the burger king phase of his career first.

Edited by Gordopolis

Probably because his attitude is fucking pish. Never had a manager who didn't comment on it. Just have to hope he actually grows up at some point.

You’ll be able to provide evidence of all of these managers who’ve criticised his attitude I’m guessing?