Oliver Burke

Contra

Going by what I'm reading on here I think Celtic might be the move for him. Rodgers does have that ability (criminally undervalued, I think) to make existing players better. His man management and coaching seem to be sublime, and he'll get a bit more breathing space playing for Celtic than he did at, for instance, Leipzig. 

I never realised that players could be taught so little in terms of tactical awareness (as RG speaks to regarding MOH) and if it's been the case with Burke (in his only cap against Lithuania he looked utterly lost) then Rodgers might be the best man to turn him into a player. 

On 01/01/2019 at 13:15, Burnie_man said:

Reminds me a bit of Snodgrass in his early career, which he nearly pissed away despite having everything needed to make it.

Snodgrass had just signed for Leeds in League 1 having played for Livingston and Stirling Albion  and had two  U21 caps at Burkes age.  

Anti-football Albion was always going to be a stupid move for a creative player. I reckon he'll do well at Celtic. 
He'll do well in an attacking sense but from a player development point of view, is he going to get any better positionally or defensively playing for a team with so much possession and so little defending to do?

4 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Good to see Mastermind on this and the Gauld thread sticking the boot in. Can't have Scottish players being successful eh?

Successful? :lol:

Burke and Gauld have  been huge disappointments over the last couple of seasons. 

Ryan Fraser, by contrast, is improving all the time. 

5 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Some decent insights from Mark McGhee re Burke's personality and potential w.r.t the Scotland team:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6561261/Celtic-spell-help-establish-winger-Oliver-Burke-Scotland-claims-Mark-McGhee.html

All rather positive.

Lies.